Limited Account (am i taking the right steps) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Limited Account (am i taking the right steps)

Hi Everyone.

So i got my paypal account limited and i know it will never be removed, i called them they said its not going to happen.

So i know have to move on.

I am / was an ebay powerseller and want to set up again. I have recently rented new space to operate under (so i will have different address). I will obviously have a new Ip, i have registered a new company under a family members name (we share the same last name). I will be using my family's members cellphone for contact info. I will be verifying the account through banking information and a credit card.

I called paypal, and told them that I am in a household where a family member has been limited and i want to set up my own business and that i have all different information and am a different person.

They told me as long as

a) My IP is different
b) My banking info is different
c) Phone number is different
d) All these can be verified through credit card and banking info

I should NOT get limited.

My main concerns are

a) I have called them so they know my last name obviously, and i share the same last time with my family member setting up the new account.

Do you guys think i will be limited? Because i don't want to invest anymore money unless i'm 100% . They told me it should NOT be a problem.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Paypal lie. You may create a new paypal account as you outlined. Then when it is operating, if paypal does not like any activity, there will be limitations. You will need to be able to take the steps to overcome them.
Old 03-20-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Hehe, well as long as you do everything correctly, I think you'll be fine.

PayPal still has some good in them, I know it!
Old 03-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies.

I am sure i will have no problems overcoming ANY of their limitations.

my only concern is them limiting me based on our last names being the same.

Do you guys see any problems in my set up? Am i allowing for my limited account and the new account to be linked?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Having the same last name should not be a problem. Do the exact steps as paypal told you and that should work. Think of all the Smiths,Browns, there are not to mention Singh, Wong (oops just did).
Old 03-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Great Thanks.

2 more questions.

I have an EXTREMELY rare last name, might as well be "Aalsdkjfas" lol.. do you think that matters? because obviously there will be a few ppl with that name at most on paypal.

Also do you think my last name has been red flagged b/c i called from home and told them about the limitation issue and they would somehow be looking for someone with my last name setting up shortly?

I know i'm being paranoid, i'm just investing lots of money to start up again and want to be 100% sure.

Thanks again
Old 03-20-2009
Threadstarter  

I just thought of one more issue.

Let say.. a fellow with similar rare last name sets up and starts selling the almost exact same items as a previously limited member (keep in mind the items were not the issue, it was some other totally unrelated issues my account got limited).

So lets say i start selling the same markers i was selling as before, using the same template..

you think paypal goes "wait a second... john smith got banned a month ago selling markers, now JEN smith is selling the same markers same template, they must be linked" LIMITED
Old 03-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ok, you shouldnt have called them as you identified yourself and they may now watch out for you, but it is done now, anyway everything you said above re same markers , same goods etc, probably would have gone unnoticed if it wasnt for the fact that you drew their attention to it. My personal opinion, use the fresh address but use different name, eg. one belonging to a relative that you can send ID for if needed, that way you dont mess up new address and all your careful planning etc with same name, if needed you could do a stealth name.
Old 03-21-2009

Longevity: 88%

I have been selling the same thing that I was before and things are fine. I have an account in my husband's name - the account linked to the banned ebay was in my name. It has been 2 years- only 1 limitation at the very beginning.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGoodEnuff View Post
I have been selling the same thing that I was before and things are fine. I have an account in my husband's name - the account linked to the banned ebay was in my name. It has been 2 years- only 1 limitation at the very beginning.

yes, but unlike the threadstarter you did not call them and fess up to everything...
Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 98%

The only thing you should worry about is a SSN when Paypal limits you and asks you for it in order to remove the limitation. If you have already given Paypal your SSN before, you can't use it again for a new PayPal account. Everything else that you were concerned about is no problem.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepijunk View Post
The only thing you should worry about is a SSN when Paypal limits you and asks you for it in order to remove the limitation. If you have already given Paypal your SSN before, you can't use it again for a new PayPal account. Everything else that you were concerned about is no problem.
What if you live outside US, like UK or Canada, do they still accept your SSN?

To be honest the ONLY link b/w my old account and this one i will be setting up is

A) The last name (its very rare not sure how much that matters)
B) The products being sold will be basically the same (ebay template has been altered a bit, but esentially same outline)
C) I called them (however, they DO NOT know the name of the family member whose name i will be using to set up the new account)
Old 03-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcepshun View Post
What if you live outside US, like UK or Canada, do they still accept your SSN?

To be honest the ONLY link b/w my old account and this one i will be setting up is

A) The last name (its very rare not sure how much that matters)
B) The products being sold will be basically the same (ebay template has been altered a bit, but esentially same outline)
C) I called them (however, they DO NOT know the name of the family member whose name i will be using to set up the new account)

ssn not an issue in UK, limitations will ask for photo id, utility bill, supplier info.