best way for arbitrage - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Re: best way for arbitrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzpro View Post
Be that as it may, amazon's the only venue where I can make tens of thousands of dollars every month doing next to nothing, so I'll continue selling on there.
I don't fault you, obviously. The thing with selling channels outside of your control is that you're beholden. I'm putting my energy into my own website above all else in the holes I can eventually say goodbye to these companies and their endless terms and conditions and obscure rules.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Be that as it may, amazon's the only venue where I can make tens of thousands of dollars every month doing next to nothing, so I'll continue selling on there.
Hi Amzpro,

Thanks for sharing. Would you be able to elaborate on your model ? Thanks
Old 10-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by idds View Post
I don't fault you, obviously. The thing with selling channels outside of your control is that you're beholden. I'm putting my energy into my own website above all else in the holes I can eventually say goodbye to these companies and their endless terms and conditions and obscure rules.
Yes, but that is the reason I run multiple accounts, so if one gets shut down for whatever BS reason they come up with, I don't lose all my revenue at once.

Making your own website is great if you want to invest the time, energy, and money into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Hi Amzpro,

Thanks for sharing. Would you be able to elaborate on your model ? Thanks
Yes, use FBA, ship stuff to FBA once every week or 2 and then sit back and watch the money roll in. (Ok, realistically you need to also log into your account once or twice a day to check up on your buy box ownership as well).

The most time consuming thing about selling is fulfilling the orders. Once you've outsourced that the rest is easy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amzpro For This Useful Post:
Lars (10-13-2016), sax4 (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016

Quote:
Yes, use FBA, ship stuff to FBA once every week or 2 and then sit back and watch the money roll in. (Ok, realistically you need to also log into your account once or twice a day to check up on your buy box ownership as well).

The most time consuming thing about selling is fulfilling the orders. Once you've outsourced that the rest is easy.
I can pay someone to fulfill for less money that Amazon charges if there was the right level of volume.

Where FBA sort of forces you to use it is the free 2 day shipping.

Buyers are weird people (and dumb), they don't grasp everyone just raises the price to cover all the extra costs so this notion of free shipping is a total fantasy.
Old 10-12-2016

Quote:
I can pay someone to fulfill for less money that Amazon charges if there was the right level of volume.

Where FBA sort of forces you to use it is the free 2 day shipping.

Buyers are weird people (and dumb), they don't grasp everyone just raises the price to cover all the extra costs so this notion of free shipping is a total fantasy.
Really? You can get stuff picked packed and shipped (with tracking) for under $2.56 or $3.02? That's insane. I can barely ship stuff at those costs, let alone pay someone to do the other stuff. I'm anticipating around 7000 units / $150K this month, what would your fulfillment & shipping costs be for that?

That's kind of beside the point though, the other benefits of FBA are no negative feedback and no responsibility for dealing with fulfillment related customer problems. If anyone has any problem I just point them to amazon and say talk to them about it. Not to mention the fact you must be FBA to compete for the buy box if there's other sellers on the listing (and there are on all of mine)
Old 10-12-2016

Quote:
Really? You can get stuff picked packed and shipped (with tracking) for under $2.56 or $3.02? That's insane. I can barely ship stuff at those costs, let alone pay someone to do the other stuff. I'm anticipating around 7000 units / $150K this month, what would your fulfillment & shipping costs be for that?

That's kind of beside the point though, the other benefits of FBA are no negative feedback and no responsibility for dealing with fulfillment related customer problems. If anyone has any problem I just point them to amazon and say talk to them about it. Not to mention the fact you must be FBA to compete for the buy box if there's other sellers on the listing (and there are on all of mine)
FBA costs more than that unless the stuff you sell is all really tiny. Most of the stuff I sell costs $4 - $12 extra. And that $4 extra is over and above the $4.95 you already collect for shipping.

So yes, with the numbers I'm showing you, I can do it for less. I don't do the volume you do, but if I did, 2-3 people can do 200 packages a day.

Wages + shipping costs + packing supplies would save me about 25% on FBA if I do some quick math.

Agreed on passing the buck to Amazon for fulfillment problems. And just the straight up headaches involved. So that 25% comes with toil.
Old 10-12-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Turnover or profit?
Old 10-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

I've been doing retail arbitrage since about 2008-2009. There is a lot of money to be made if you know what you're doing.

As Amzpro says, making a website can be worth it, personally I have never bothered as it's too much like hard work. Also selling on Amazon there are many tricks where you can sell things for many times the "real" price
The Following User Says Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
Lars (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016

Quote:
FBA costs more than that unless the stuff you sell is all really tiny. Most of the stuff I sell costs $4 - $12 extra. And that $4 extra is over and above the $4.95 you already collect for shipping.

So yes, with the numbers I'm showing you, I can do it for less. I don't do the volume you do, but if I did, 2-3 people can do 200 packages a day.

Wages + shipping costs + packing supplies would save me about 25% on FBA if I do some quick math.

Agreed on passing the buck to Amazon for fulfillment problems. And just the straight up headaches involved. So that 25% comes with toil.
95% of my units sold have FBA fees of $2.56 or $3.02

There is zero chance I can do it for less than that, and that's not counting the time, effort, and hassle I'd have to do to run a fulfillment center.

I'm looking at around 20K in FBA fees this month, it's well worth every penny spent IMO.
Old 10-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by export View Post
Turnover or profit?
Profit. Revenue is 6 figures / month. Been doing this for just a few months. My goal is to hit mid-6 figures / month in revenue and 100K a month in profit. I could probably go past that but I'm not really inclined to work more than 1 day a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I've been doing retail arbitrage since about 2008-2009. There is a lot of money to be made if you know what you're doing.

As Amzpro says, making a website can be worth it, personally I have never bothered as it's too much like hard work. Also selling on Amazon there are many tricks where you can sell things for many times the "real" price
Yeah, RA is profitable if you know what you're doing, but there's still a fairly low ceiling to how much you can make off it, and it's quite a bit of work to go out to the stores. And most people DON'T have the slightest clue as to what they're doing. Idiots go to the clearance section and just pick up and scan random items to check their prices on amazon hoping to get lucky.

That said, if you do know what you're doing it sure beats working a regular job. But you're definitely the minority in this field.
Old 10-14-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Profit. Revenue is 6 figures / month. Been doing this for just a few months. My goal is to hit mid-6 figures / month in revenue and 100K a month in profit. I could probably go past that but I'm not really inclined to work more than 1 day a week.

Yeah, RA is profitable if you know what you're doing, but there's still a fairly low ceiling to how much you can make off it, and it's quite a bit of work to go out to the stores. And most people DON'T have the slightest clue as to what they're doing. Idiots go to the clearance section and just pick up and scan random items to check their prices on amazon hoping to get lucky.

That said, if you do know what you're doing it sure beats working a regular job. But you're definitely the minority in this field.
Wow seems like a remarkable success in such a short period of time. Did you have an offline business for the same product before going Amazon way?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Wow seems like a remarkable success in such a short period of time. Did you have an offline business for the same product before going Amazon way?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Nope, I buy stuff exclusively to sell on amazon.
Old 10-14-2016

Topical

Has Amazon Forgotten it is Q4?!?
Old 10-14-2016

Quote:
Yeah, makes me wish I got into this a year ago. Practically everything is gated now.. There's TONS of subcategories that require applications and $3K fees to sell in now (like dietary supplements).

It's actually nice that they're tracing linked accounts prior to a suspension though. Now I know that my multi accounts are for sure clean. (I didn't really have any doubt before since I go way above and beyond what most people do for "stealth" accounts. I have operating expenses close to $1K per account per month prior to selling a single item). Nothing would be worse than thinking you're safe then getting hit with a suspension on all your accounts at once when you have 6 figures of credit card balances to pay off at the end of the month.
Old 04-07-2017

Longevity: 40%

Here is a complete list of online arbitrage tools.

Most of these tools are for Google Chrome (and for Online arbitrage, wholesale and private label).

These mostly ignore retail arbitrage.