How do i remove bank account from PP? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-24-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default How do i remove bank account from PP?

I want to remove my bank account from PP, but it will only let me REPLACE it with one. Is there any trick to getting this request to go through...?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How do i remove bank account from PP?

The first thing to ask really is what is the reason for wanting to remove it and does the account have any sort of limitation?
Old 10-24-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It was limited, but it was restored. But I've lost faith in it now, and would like to keep the BA, not close it, but for me to relax I want it off of pp.
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

There's really no point to remove a bank account to be honest. The bank information is stored permanently in Paypal's database, even if you "removed" it from your account settings. Additionally, any bank account that was previously added to any paypal account cannot be used with another paypal account, even if you manage to remove it.

The most reliable thing you can do is to close the actual bank account with your bank.

Last edited by BiN4RY; 10-24-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2016

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
There's really no point to remove a bank account to be honest. The bank information is stored permanently in Paypal's database, even if you "removed" it from your account settings. Additionally, any bank account that was previously added to any paypal account cannot be used with another paypal account, even if you manage to remove it.

The most reliable thing you can do is to close the actual bank account with your bank.
I am not sure if I agree with this statement. About 3-4 years ago, one of my stealth ebay accounts was permanently limited and, as a result, I removed the bank account and then closed the PP account right after that. I was able to re-use the same bank account with another stealth PP account a couple of months later. I don't remember how I went about removing the bank account but I definitely know that I closed the PP account, as it was useless to me without the stealth ebay account.
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithg57 View Post
I am not sure if I agree with this statement. About 3-4 years ago, one of my stealth ebay accounts was permanently limited and, as a result, I removed the bank account and then closed the PP account right after that. I was able to re-use the same bank account with another stealth PP account a couple of months later. I don't remember how I went about removing the bank account but I definitely know that I closed the PP account, as it was useless to me without the stealth ebay account.
My post assumes an account stays open or limited. Closing your account does allow you to add the bank to another account, but I can't guarantee that would be safe in the longer run.
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithg57 View Post
Not sure about reusing the bank account EVEN if you get past the PP trip flags...
Old 10-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork View Post
I want to remove my bank account from PP, but it will only let me REPLACE it with one. Is there any trick to getting this request to go through...?
I have had success calling PayPal and having them remove it, but it could be a bit hit and miss.
Old 10-25-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
I have had success calling PayPal and having them remove it, but it could be a bit hit and miss.

Shouldn't be hit and miss, they should always remove it. If you phone up and say to them i am no longer the owner of that bank account, it should be removed. "that bank account has been closed"

They can't keep it on if it's officially closed. So it should be very easy to remove an account on the phone.
Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
My post assumes an account stays open or limited. Closing your account does allow you to add the bank to another account, but I can't guarantee that would be safe in the longer run.
Well, it is been 3-4 years and it is still working.
Old 11-06-2016

Longevity: 53%

Try switching to the Classic View or Classic Site. More functionality, you may be able to manage it there.