What Should I Do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 10-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default What Should I Do

I bought a stealth account around a year ago from here. I lost the phone that came with the account. Anyway, eBay wants me to verify my phone number. I signed up with https://tollfreeforwarding.com, and added the number from there to eBay, but toll free forwarding don't except text messaging. What other options do i have?
I bought the account from jeffweico, but he is not responding to emails.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: What Should I Do

TFF has been known to kill the number if used to verify eB. Why not look into a cheap tracfone? Just one option.
Old 10-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Can i set it up for the state the stealth account is in? If so that is what i will do.
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

When you set up the tracfone you do so with just the zipcode and are assigned a phone number based on that zipcode. Shouldn't be a problem to get a number in your city/state.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (10-27-2016), rsot (10-26-2016)
Old 10-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Ok, thanks that is what i will do.
Old 10-24-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aky66 View Post
I lost the phone that came with the account. Anyway, eBay wants me to verify my phone number. I signed up with
eBay is going to want the registered number for verification not a new number...this acct. is done if you don't have that registered number available
Old 10-25-2016

Longevity: 43%

Does paypal expect you to have the same number used for account opening verification when it asks for another verification months later? Paying $9 every month for tracfone airtime seems quite expensive and makes me wonder how people here really manage 100 accounts.
Old 10-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
Does paypal expect you to have the same number used for account opening verification when it asks for another verification months later?
Yes they do....

Quote:
Paying $9 every month for tracfone airtime seems quite expensive and makes me wonder how people here really manage 100 accounts.
That's not PayPals problem now is it, it's yours.....if you can't afford $9/month you need to either find another method of maintaining a phone number or stop selling, because if you can't cover $9/month you aren't actually making any real money are you?
Old 10-25-2016

Please what other method is there to maintaining a phone number?
Old 10-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
You mean to avoid the cost of keeping the line open?
Old 10-26-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You mean to avoid the cost of keeping the line open?
yes to avoid the cost of keeping the line open. Though at this point i've decided to use tracfones and just make monthly autorefills for like $9. I was thinking of signing up for the 90days or 365days airtime since it would be cheaper but then again i factored in the possibility of paypal limiting the account at any time so it wouldn't be wise forwarding paying for something i may not use.
Old 10-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Some of the replies in this thread are inaccurate. Assuming you have a cell phone now, you could just set up a Google voice number (preferably in the area code of your account, but it's not 100% vital) and have calls forwarded to your cell phone. Then you add the GV number to EB/PP.

Jackery's post is way off. I found out GV works like this: about a year ago Ebay tried calling me on my best account, and realized the phone was turned off. I instantly got a notification from Ebay saying I need to update my phone number because it's against the rules to not have a valid number on file. So, I added my GV number and got their verification text. Now GV numbers are my primary on EB and PP.

I can confirm it works because this is how I keep active numbers on two of my best accounts. They can call me (they don't mind the GV prompt) and I can call them by spoofing my number. Simple as that. No need to keep tracfones on.

As a side note, you can't use GV numbers to start an account. Adding them later on does not cause problems though.
Old 10-26-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Some of the replies in this thread are inaccurate. Assuming you have a cell phone now, you could just set up a Google voice number (preferably in the area code of your account, but it's not 100% vital) and have calls forwarded to your cell phone. Then you add the GV number to EB/PP.

Jackery's post is way off. I found out GV works like this: about a year ago Ebay tried calling me on my best account, and realized the phone was turned off. I instantly got a notification from Ebay saying I need to update my phone number because it's against the rules to not have a valid number on file. So, I added my GV number and got their verification text. Now GV numbers are my primary on EB and PP.

I can confirm it works because this is how I keep active numbers on two of my best accounts. They can call me (they don't mind the GV prompt) and I can call them by spoofing my number. Simple as that. No need to keep tracfones on.

As a side note, you can't use GV numbers to start an account. Adding them later on does not cause problems though.
Wow, you seem to know your stuff and you are right about the conflicting info. Please i've never used GV before and would appreciate your input. So basically I can open paypal accounts with a brand new tracphone number, leave that number in my profile and then switch to GV later on? Will Paypal ask for ID or place a hold on my account if I change the phone number later on?
Old 10-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Wow, you seem to know your stuff and you are right about the conflicting info. Please i've never used GV before and would appreciate your input. So basically I can open paypal accounts with a brand new tracphone number, leave that number in my profile and then switch to GV later on? Will Paypal ask for ID or place a hold on my account if I change the phone number later on?
Yes that's the concept, and it's never caused any problems for me. There's one thing worth mentioning on the P/P side though. If you're trying to add a new phone number to get past security measures, it will take SEVERAL months for the new phone number to show up as one of the options to receive a call/text on. On the Ebay side I've only ever been able to add a new phone number when EB specifically requests that I do so. Other than then I haven't been able to find a way to add a new # to Ebay.
Old 10-26-2016

Longevity: 52%

Where is jeffweico? He's not responding to me either and I currently have 3 accounts from him and unable to connect to the VPN.

Sorry I posted on this thread but I see there's another person who couldn't reach him. He's not responding to my emails and it's been a few days. I need to ship items.
Old 10-27-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
There's one thing worth mentioning on the P/P side though. If you're trying to add a new phone number to get past security measures, it will take SEVERAL months for the new phone number to show up as one of the options to receive a call/text on.
As stated before if you do not have the original number this acct is done
Old 10-27-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackery View Post
So what happens if someone changes his phone number but never updated it on PayPal? Does it mean that PayPal expect people to stick with one phone number for the rest of their lives?
Old 10-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackery View Post

You can say that all you want, but you're still wrong. Go through my post history if you don't believe me. I thought my best business account was done around the start of 2016 because BoA closed my accounts and I kept getting security checks when trying to add a new bank to Paypal. I added a new number to Paypal, and just like everyone else they would only allow me to text the original number for the longest time. I tried about 6 months later just for s**ts and giggles, and WAHLAH, the number I added was there.

You don't know everything. You post misleading info like it's a fact and mislead other users.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
bobobo (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So what happens if someone changes his phone number but never updated it on PayPal? Does it mean that PayPal expect people to stick with one phone number for the rest of their lives?
Don't worry, he's wrong. I don't post on every thread to make myself feel good like some users. If I see someone having an issue that I have experience with I chime in. I can say FOR A FACT it is possible to add a new # to Paypal, even without calling in. It just takes a very long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
bobobo (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016

Quote:

Hi, could you please clarify this statement?

They call you on your GV acct and you call them back on what phone? What number are you using? The number of the GV account that's on file with them?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2016

Quote:
You can say that all you want, but you're still wrong. Go through my post history if you don't believe me. I thought my best business account was done around the start of 2016 because BoA closed my accounts and I kept getting security checks when trying to add a new bank to Paypal. I added a new number to Paypal, and just like everyone else they would only allow me to text the original number for the longest time. I tried about 6 months later just for s**ts and giggles, and WAHLAH, the number I added was there.

You don't know everything. You post misleading info like it's a fact and mislead other users.
Wow i'm learning a lot, so in other words, open the account with tracphone, then 6 months later, try to add a GV phone number.
Old 10-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by truongphusy View Post
Hi, could you please clarify this statement?

They call you on your GV acct and you call them back on what phone? What number are you using? The number of the GV account that's on file with them?

Thanks.
They call me on the GV number. If I need to call them, I use spoofcard and spoof the GV number.