Open non-US Etsy stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Open non-US Etsy stealth account

My thai ip/details etsy was closed last week due to most likely non-handmade items
I tried to use my uk ip stealth address that i use for amazon to open etsy with uk details...for direct checkout i input the uk payoneer bank account from barclays...i also put a random uk name and address but i get message unable to verify information and i am unable to go to the next step in the registration.
How does etsy verify info? Would it be easier for me to reopen stealth with thai ip again and random name? Is the direct checkout now a must for every country in the world? No more paypal for any country? Please etsy experts help. Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Open non-US Etsy stealth account

Anyone? No uk etsy stealthers here?
In the screen "tell us a bit about yourself" where you have to put name, address etc what kind of info etsy expects to be able to verify? If i enter random uk name, address i cannot continue to next screen because i get error message etsy cannot verify info...please help if anyone knows
Old 10-26-2016

Longevity: 51%

Hi there,

You'll have to forgive the lack of reply, the Et.sy section is very quiet because there are so few et.sy stealthers. Mainly it's populated by people asking rather than answering

Simple answer for when Et.sy can't verify your info, you need to send them ID.
If you're thinking "oh but I don't have ID for this ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity?!" the answer to that is very simple too, a search on the forums can give you options.

DC is now becoming a must for all Et.sy accounts, there is no need to panic though, it is just the same as setting up a stealth PP, you are just giving all the info to Et.sy rather than PP. One thing you have to be aware of though, Et.sy holds onto all funds for 3 days after the sale, so make sure you are prepared to wait for your money.
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
fantomas0405 (10-27-2016), ManaKill (11-02-2016)
Old 10-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Yes i did find out later when i tried a second time to put personal info that now etsy asks for id...but in the first trial they did not i was just getting that message that they cannot verify me..
Getting the id is fine...but i decided for now against opening this stealth account because my products are not handmade and if not presented correctly they will sooner or later catch up with me...they just closed my first original account for selling commercialized products...kind of sucks because i liked etsy and was selling good there

Now you say DC is easy to set up as paypal stealth? Hhhmmmm you sure?
For paypal you just register a new email address and its done
For DC you need a new bank and actually a bank that accepts mismatch... or am i wrong?

Thanks for replying anyway, i know you know a lot about etsy
Old 10-31-2016

Ah see when I did my eb.ay stealth and my first et.sy stealths I stealthed my pay.pal too, so a new bank account was needed anyway to withdraw funds.

So far, you can have a new bank account in your real name and Et.sy will not match you to a previous account. The name on the bank account would be the only link, but they can't ID you from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
ManaKill (11-02-2016)
Old 11-01-2016

Longevity: 43%

My e*sy account was suspended and its been my only source of income for the past year while Ive been recovering from a near-death case of malaria and unable to work.

RE. bank account info for Direct Checkout and ID, are there any workarounds there are for uploading ID? I am trying to open a stealth account in Canada.

I tried last week with all my correct bank info (but used a new bank account and changed my address/phone number, plus everything else new for stealth - VPN, computer account, etc) & was still asked for ID so I used an old passport. I look nothing like that photo anymore but my full name (i have 2 middle names) was on it. A week later I got a message telling me to answer some questions about why my physical location was different than my shipping location. I wrote back and said i didn't understand, and they wrote back with a vague message about not being able to re-open my account.

I actually don't understand what they're talking about bc I was using a VPN with an IP from my actual city/country.

I tried again today - using all new everything again - and hoping that by changing the bank itself not just the account it would make a difference. I tripple checked all my info, and it was definitely all correct, but I was told they couldn't verify my info and asked for ID again.

Is my name causing a red flag? It's kind of unusual but I wouldn't think that they could go on first / last name alone..

I don't know what to do now. . I thought about getting ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id with my real name (but excluding my 2 middle names which appear on my ID (on bank account) but what would happen if they tried to verify that? Also would I get in trouble for it? Would it even work?

I also thought about registering a business and getting a bank account for it - but what if they look up the business owner's info or require Id also?

Has anyone had this issue and if so, what are the work arounds? If anyone's able to help at all I would be beyond grateful!!! Really starting to freak out about how I will survive while I’m still too sick to work without my e*tsy shop.
Old 11-02-2016

wow man you just copied and pasted the same thing onto 3 different threads.

I replied to the first one I saw. But please don't do this, I've just wasted my time reading the exact same thing again and again in case you actually had anything new to say :/
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
ManaKill (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016

Longevity: 43%

ok so sorry about that!! My first time, I didn't know how it works. I apologize, got it now. Thank you so much!! Looking up other thread now.