USA PayPal with Canadian IP? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-30-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Exclamation USA PayPal with Canadian IP?

Hey guys I had a quick question. I'm currently wondering if it's possible to use a USA PayPal account while tethering my computer to a Canadian phone service IP?

I'd rather use a USA PayPal account for it's flexibility and ability to use VBA for bank account verification. I'm going to be withdrawing my funds through bitcoin services such as localbitcoin.com and wesellcrypto.com and plenty of other services that allow PayPal to bitcoin.

I was also thinking about using a PayPal debit card but I don't know how this would work out for me considering I'm located in Canada. I believe PayPal debit cards are only issued to USA addresses. I've heard about reshipping services which allow you to use USA addresses to ship your items to and reship to any address around the world. Maybe the addresses on these services are blacklisted by PayPal? I'm not sure, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I need answers for all the above, thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2016

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: USA PayPal with Canadian IP?

Yes, you can do that unless you are too paranoid about it. I dont see how US Paypal is more flexible when they nail you down with their IRS requests, while in Canada it can be avoided.

And yes, you can use US VBA for Canadian accounts, just need to call to PP to add them

No, Canadian PP doesnt issue debit card but you can attach a bank in US or Canada, while in US it only can be US bank account

You will not be able to receive such card as they do SSN verification, so forget about it unless you are going to be using someone's real identity, which I wouldnt advise to use.
Old 10-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimetheus039 View Post
Yes, you can do that unless you are too paranoid about it. I dont see how US Paypal is more flexible when they nail you down with their IRS requests, while in Canada it can be avoided.

And yes, you can use US VBA for Canadian accounts, just need to call to PP to add them

No, Canadian PP doesnt issue debit card but you can attach a bank in US or Canada, while in US it only can be US bank account

You will not be able to receive such card as they do SSN verification, so forget about it unless you are going to be using someone's real identity, which I wouldnt advise to use.
I believe you misunderstood OP's post so your answers are not useful for him. He is contemplating using a USA based account - NOT a Canadian account. read it again.
Old 10-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameso View Post
Hey guys I had a quick question. I'm currently wondering if it's possible to use a USA PayPal account while tethering my computer to a Canadian phone service IP?

I'd rather use a USA PayPal account for it's flexibility and ability to use VBA for bank account verification. I'm going to be withdrawing my funds through bitcoin services such as localbitcoin.com and wesellcrypto.com and plenty of other services that allow PayPal to bitcoin.

I was also thinking about using a PayPal debit card but I don't know how this would work out for me considering I'm located in Canada. I believe PayPal debit cards are only issued to USA addresses. I've heard about reshipping services which allow you to use USA addresses to ship your items to and reship to any address around the world. Maybe the addresses on these services are blacklisted by PayPal? I'm not sure, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I need answers for all the above, thank you!
Using a Canadian IP address with a US based account will raise a red flag and will more than likely end in suspension/limitation. For a US based account youll need a US based IP address.
Withdrawing funds by Bitcoin is possible but by no means easy as they require a LOT of verification before they will do business with you. A much easier option would be withdrawing to a US based bank account and as a Canadian it is quite simple to get those (contact me for more details on how to do so).
You will not be able to get a Paypal debit card since you will need to provide them with the SSN in order to get that - and that is something you cannot do.
Old 10-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

USA accounts used to work great under Canadian IP, but they tighten their security significantly recently.

While your account won't be limited solely because of your Canadian IP, but do expect a lot of "soft limitations" such as receiving the "We don't recognize the computer you're using" screen every time you try and send money. You basically cant' do anything with your money in your account until you can complete whatever automated verification method they requested.

Long story short: It's not gonna work too well.
Old 10-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I believe you misunderstood OP's post so your answers are not useful for him. He is contemplating using a USA based account - NOT a Canadian account. read it again.
I read it correct and tested this for years. And yes, any IP will work but there is too much propaganda about how IP should be matched to a country.

He mentioned that US PP can receive a PP debit card and can be verified with VBA, while, only VBA part is true. So, he was under impression that Canadian PP cant be verified with VBA and cant receive a PP debit card.

So, I would advise you to READ IT AGAIN.

Last edited by epimetheus039; 10-30-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 44%
Exclamation Re: USA PayPal with Canadian IP?

Quote:
Using a Canadian IP address with a US based account will raise a red flag and will more than likely end in suspension/limitation. For a US based account youll need a US based IP address.
Withdrawing funds by Bitcoin is possible but by no means easy as they require a LOT of verification before they will do business with you. A much easier option would be withdrawing to a US based bank account and as a Canadian it is quite simple to get those (contact me for more details on how to do so).
You will not be able to get a Paypal debit card since you will need to provide them with the SSN in order to get that - and that is something you cannot do.
Hey thanks for the information. I just sent you a PM about the US based bank account. Sounds interesting.
Old 10-30-2016

Here is the information that you dont need to PM me about about opening a US based account:

1)Go to US if you are close to the border and open yourself a bank account (they require minimum deposit in USD)

2)Open RBC USD Georgia account (minimum deposit $50 USD) over the phone/branch in Canada, it is a US based account with routing number for which you can also apply for US based VISA.
Old 10-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimetheus039 View Post
I read it correct and tested this for years. And yes, any IP will work but there is too much propaganda about how IP should be matched to a country.

He mentioned that US PP can receive a PP debit card and can be verified with VBA, while, only VBA part is true. So, he was under impression that Canadian PP cant be verified with VBA and cant receive a PP debit card.

So, I would advise you to READ IT AGAIN.
If you say so...
If you actually read his post again youll see he is talking about a US based account - and youre responding to him about a CDN based account... That's not what he was asking about... Read his post again and youll see what Im saying is true.
Old 10-30-2016

Quote:
If you say so...
If you actually read his post again youll see he is talking about a US based account - and youre responding to him about a CDN based account... That's not what he was asking about... Read his post again and youll see what Im saying is true.
I am just trying to elaborate on why US account is not "better" than Canadian in his scenario because he was completely confused by someone's opinion or perhaps that was his conclusion.