2nd unauthorized charge... how to respond to case? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default 2nd unauthorized charge... how to respond to case?

Have not gotten one of these in years, and I dont know how they work but isnt the reason for seller protection paypal will cover you in the event of unauthorized charges?

This is my second one this month, and I lost the first one. item was $59.99 and I shipped to the paypal confirmed address using paypal shipping but paypal said I was not covered and would be held responsible?!

How do I represent this new case? I provided tracking info again like last time and am waiting on paypal. Do I need to do anything else?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2016
fuzzylogik

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: 2nd unauthorized charge... how to respond to case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
Have not gotten one of these in years, and I dont know how they work but isnt the reason for seller protection paypal will cover you in the event of unauthorized charges?

This is my second one this month, and I lost the first one. item was $59.99 and I shipped to the paypal confirmed address using paypal shipping but paypal said I was not covered and would be held responsible?!

How do I represent this new case? I provided tracking info again like last time and am waiting on paypal. Do I need to do anything else?
Best thing you can do is Call to explain your situation but they hardly go in your favor in my experience & i have lost around 3 accounts to this since there is no way i ever pay them back if its an expensive item.
Old 11-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission156 View Post
Best thing you can do is Call to explain your situation but they hardly go in your favor in my experience & i have lost around 3 accounts to this since there is no way i ever pay them back if its an expensive item.
Why? WTF is seller protection for then? Amazon is pretty good in this, they will cover this. Paypal should to.

Someone should class action them if they have this seller protection but never pay out.

I am afraid to call. This is a stealth atleast 8 years old, and at the time I did not know to save any info like bday. Will they ask for info if I call regarding this issue?
Old 11-03-2016
Threadstarter  

If I did everything right and Paypal does not cover this second case I am going to file a complaint with the BBB, and suggest everyone else does to if they do not file in your favor. Atleast its on record with the BBB even if its stealth. Just give BBB your stealth info.
Old 11-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Is this a chargeback or a case?

In my experience Paypal is very fair when dealing with these disputes/chargebacks. I get 1 or 2 per week and they're almost always decided in my favor.
Old 11-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Is this a chargeback or a case?

In my experience Paypal is very fair when dealing with these disputes/chargebacks. I get 1 or 2 per week and they're almost always decided in my favor.
It does not show on ebay but it shows up in paypal as a case - chargeback.

I really hope this cover this one.
Old 11-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

It will either be a "case" or a "chargeback" in Paypal, not both. If it's a chargeback, you need to be 100% certain you did everything right (to comply with seller protection) before trying to dispute. If you have Paypal dispute a chargeback for you and Paypal finds they won't be able to successfully dispute it, they are going to charge you a $20 chargeback resolution fee. If this is just a "case" rather than a chargeback started by a credit card company, you won't be charged that fee.

Either way you need to provide the tracking number and make it abundantly clear in the "additional info" section that you shipped the order to the buyer's confirmed Paypal address and the tracking number confirms delivery to said address.

In some cases it's worth it to just accept liability. Like when a buyer has a "confirmed" shipping address which happens to be the address of a forwarding company. You never win in those cases, regardless.
Old 11-03-2016

Longevity: 43%

I have had several charge backs (claiming unauthorized use of the credit card) and as soon as I prove that I mailed to the address listed within ebay, it has always been decided in my favor.
Old 11-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoplay View Post
I have had several charge backs (claiming unauthorized use of the credit card) and as soon as I prove that I mailed to the address listed within ebay, it has always been decided in my favor.
It would be nice if that were always the case, lol. Ebay allows buyers to change their shipping address at checkout, so the address given to Ebay isn't always the buyer's confirmed Paypal address. In those cases it's best to just accept liability because Paypal can't possibly win the chargeback, and you're going to end up losing the amount being charged back + Paypal's $20 fee.

I agree with you to an extent though. If you're able to prove without a doubt you've done everything you possibly could to comply with their seller protection program, you're covered.
Old 11-03-2016
Threadstarter  

I never go buy the ebay address, I always ship to the paypal confirmed and if its not confirmed I cancel the order, but that only really happens with like new iphones.

the first case I provided tracking info, and left a note saying I shipped to the paypal confirmed address using paypal shipping and they still said I was not covered for this dispute, but didnt list why?
Old 11-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Look up the address if you can still access the transactions details. 90% chance it's a forwarding address. I've had chargebacks where the buyer will have Meest-America's address confirmed as their shipping address (they do it with VCC's just like us), and I'll flat out tell Paypal there's no way they're going to be able to dispute for me because of the forwarding address.
Old 11-04-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It would be nice if that were always the case, lol. Ebay allows buyers to change their shipping address at checkout, so the address given to Ebay isn't always the buyer's confirmed Paypal address. In those cases it's best to just accept liability because Paypal can't possibly win the chargeback, and you're going to end up losing the amount being charged back + Paypal's $20 fee.

I agree with you to an extent though. If you're able to prove without a doubt you've done everything you possibly could to comply with their seller protection program, you're covered.
This very well may be the case (that in these cases, I did ship to the confirmed address)

If I do have someone message me or leave a note to ship elsewhere, I won't do it.. red flag for me. I'll have to pay attention to this.
Old 11-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoplay View Post
This very well may be the case (that in these cases, I did ship to the confirmed address)

If I do have someone message me or leave a note to ship elsewhere, I won't do it.. red flag for me. I'll have to pay attention to this.

I totally agree with you there. Anytime someone messages me after checkout with an alternative address the order is automatically cancelled and I tell them they're welcome to make a new order with their other address.

When they do reorder though I'm opening myself up to a potential chargeback, because the alternative address they've given at checkout doesn't match their confirmed Paypal address.

That's the point I was trying to make. A buyer can be 100% verified in Paypal with a confirmed shipping address, but Ebay will still allow them to provide any random address at checkout. This is how I'm able to buy office supplies with my stealth accounts even though they all have out of state addresses on file.