Is selling similar items to banned account an issue? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-27-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Is selling similar items to banned account an issue?

I have started my new stealth account with all new information, address, & vps. My original account was banned because certain items I was selling were not coming from an authorized dealer.

On my new account, I am selling some of the items that I was selling on the banned account but NOT the ones that got me in trouble. I have stopped selling those items. Also, the old account was selling through FBA, which I have not done yet on the new account. All my shipments have been done by myself.

A few of the listings are the same, but I have also added other listings which are the same item but different quantities (which I did not have listed on the old account). Other sellers also sell the same items, they aren't my brand.

Should I be worried about possibly being linked from selling the same items? Is it safe to add items that I don't have (with prices that no one will actually buy) just so it doesn't look too similar?

Appreciate any advice!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Is selling similar items to banned account an issue?

I use a 5:1 ratio which seems to work. List stuff you will not sell and use different categories also. Price around mid price of sellers.
Old 06-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
I use a 5:1 ratio which seems to work. List stuff you will not sell and use different categories also. Price around mid price of sellers.
Is this something that I should have do now or make sure to have done by the time they try to review my account?

I am just afraid that someone may purchase something that I don't have and I will have to cancel which will be bad for my cancellation rate.
Old 06-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Long term, listing dummy items and canceling them if you get an order is NOT a great strategy. You could end up losing an account for cancellations.

Why not list some items you could buy somewhere else and have them shipped if need be? You don't need to have the lowest price on those items. True, you do not want to have the highest price either, but having a few people between you and and the lowest price offer would provide a buffer assuring that you will not have too many orders for that item.

You would have to find a seller who will ship fast and provide a tracking number. Or buy from a retailer who will do so. Technically, this IS drop-shipping, but since you will have relatively few orders compared to your in-stock items, it should be fine.

You don't want to lose money selling these items, so you want to price them so that everything including your fees is covered, or even priced so that you make a few bucks. I suggest NOT doing this with high-value items, or items that are likely to generate complaints. Stick with lower value stuff that is unlikely to have problems. Also, don't go WILDLY out of your category. You don't want to sell DVD's, Compact Discs and BBQ Grills.
Old 06-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonAgain View Post
Is this something that I should have do now or make sure to have done by the time they try to review my account?

I am just afraid that someone may purchase something that I don't have and I will have to cancel which will be bad for my cancellation rate.
Do it now, if your pricing is right nobody will buy, even if they do purchase the item from the cheapest seller.
Old 06-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Do it now, if your pricing is right nobody will buy, even if they do purchase the item from the cheapest seller.
Is that against their policy to pretty much drop ship it to a customer?
Old 06-29-2015

Longevity: 55%

Technically yes AmazonAgain, but it is how I dealt with being elsewhere on hols for a week recently, I took some smaller items with me to post out, but inevitably got a few orders that I didn't take with me so just ordered, put my address as the billing address and contact phone number and my buyers addresses for the deliveries. Have had 1 contact from a buyer whose order has not arrived yet, so just replied Royal Mail can be incredibly slow sometimes and to let me know if they don't receive it by early this week.
Old 06-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonAgain View Post
Is that against their policy to pretty much drop ship it to a customer?
If you selling 100's and using Prime you will get suspended. However in your case it should be an occasional sale and you will have no problems.
Old 06-30-2015

Longevity: 57%

yes they will most certainly link you. if they don't you're very lucky. when you open a new account, you CANNOT list under the same item """listing""" . you can list the same item, but you have to create a new "add product"" with a new upc code and you'll be fine.

quantities doesn't matter, again you can't list under the same item you see on amazon, you need to create a new listing, new image title etc. do this untill you get the account under review, then you can list under anything you want and where you ant and how many you want. people are scared of this review, but i personally look forward to it, because i know the account is all gravy, i can go nuts on it.
Old 06-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

If your account is still useable, you should be ok to continue with varying up the listings
Old 06-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If your account is still useable, you should be ok to continue with varying up the listings
It is still usable and hopefully will get paid soon. Do they do the review before the first disbursement?
Old 06-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualphunk View Post
yes they will most certainly link you. if they don't you're very lucky. when you open a new account, you CANNOT list under the same item """listing""" . you can list the same item, but you have to create a new "add product"" with a new upc code and you'll be fine.

quantities doesn't matter, again you can't list under the same item you see on amazon, you need to create a new listing, new image title etc. do this untill you get the account under review, then you can list under anything you want and where you ant and how many you want. people are scared of this review, but i personally look forward to it, because i know the account is all gravy, i can go nuts on it.
Well I can't create new product page because it is not a different item. They will ban for making a 2nd listing for an item that is already in the catalogue. The items are from a different brand, many sellers are selling the same items. I don't think they can just randomly guess because I am selling same items that it is the same account. It is not any unique item.

Many people just start selling the items I am on new accounts and it doesn't seem like they have gotten banned for just selling the same items. I have some other different listings as well so hopefully it will throw them off.
Old 11-01-2016

Longevity: 49%

hi, is the case is same for selling books?
Old 11-05-2016

Longevity: 70%

When selling same product make sure the new account has an address in a different city