American election - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-09-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default American election

So now that the American election is over maybe people will start to look into shopping for the upcoming holidays. Might be a good time reevaluate the extremely low price point I'm seeing all over eBay. Ahemm
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: American election

Anyone else notice a slump in sales over the past 24 hours? We were 25-30% below average in sales volume today. :(

I'm hoping everyone was just busy voting or building their bunker.

There was already an election thread, BTW.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016

Longevity: 76%

Too tired to buy be my idea. It could be good as people might hope life be better as billionaire businessman won. Know I more hopeful as now income can only go up after Obama destroying it past 8 years. Yet to see the recovery. 8 years no longer Bush fault.
Old 11-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I did really good the past three days BUT my items are in peak to just beyond peak.

Half the country is MUCH MORE confident and about 25% are scared to death. Sales will be volatile the next 9 months.
Old 11-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson777 View Post
Too tired to buy be my idea. It could be good as people might hope life be better as billionaire businessman won. Know I more hopeful as now income can only go up after Obama destroying it past 8 years. Yet to see the recovery. 8 years no longer Bush fault.
Well if you were selling Razors you would have done well today. In California here most people looked like they wanted to commit suicide.

I have the same hope that things normalize over the coming days. Sales have been slower the past few weeks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
NewYork (11-10-2016), Rhonda (11-09-2016), rsot (11-10-2016), Startacus (11-15-2016)
Old 11-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

People need to get over it, Trump won.....they need to get back to buying stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
pirate1122 (11-11-2016), vogeltron (11-10-2016)
Old 11-09-2016

Longevity: 53%

Sales dropped dramatically today. Most of my sales are from the west coast.
Old 11-10-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

People are scared... makes sense.

Trump for president is scary..

Good news though! Something else will take the spot light and people will forget about Trump until January.

This is only short lasting.
Old 11-10-2016

Longevity: 57%

Zero sales from USA these 2 days.
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Trump for president is scary..
No my friend. It is an amazing thing! They slayed the Dragon of the globalist elite. Finally, we have someone who isn't bought and paid for by anyone as president!! He doesn't even owe the Republican party anything they completely abandoned him!! McCain, Lindsey Graham even Ted Cruz. You are all flipping done!!!! Paul Ryan you said you couldn't support Trump yet he won Wisconsin!!! DRAIN THE FREAKING SWAMP!!!

Hold his feet to the fire on pushing for term limits and ending politicians leaving and working for special interests. I gave Obama a shot in 2008 he did not do anything he claimed to about transparency and ending both wars!!! 8 years of nothing he was bought an paid for. Bombed more countries than George Bush. Obama and Henry Kissinger both need to give back their Nobel Peace Prizes. It a f-boming joke. But what do you expect Venezuela elected a school bus driver that isn't going so well. We had 8 years of a community organizer.

Last edited by vogeltron; 11-10-2016 at 06:54 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
applepbc (11-11-2016), phaz0rz (11-10-2016), yankee (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Its going to be interesting to see how much he is able to change now that he has gotten elected.

Its going to be an uphill battle for him. It would be awesome though if he could take big business out of politics.
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

My sales of Canadian-assisted citizenship are going through the roof!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
My sales of Canadian-assisted citizenship are going through the roof!
Would like to know how that was in 2004 when Bush was re-elected. Because I remember all the celebrity Liberals saying the same thing.

My real question would be is does Canada want all these people who said they would leave the USA?

I also really do hope that the public holds their feet to the fire and makes them give and explanation if they don't.

It quite sad Tom Brady is being harassed for voting for Trump. When Jay-z, Beyonce, Lebron James and so many other public figures came out for Hillary. It goes to show the Hippocratic nature of the American System. If you are on the media's side no problem. If not you need to burn in hell. So sad people can't vote and express their opinion. It really is the hypocrisy of liberals.

Old 11-10-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
pirate1122 (11-11-2016), rsot (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Image aside and I agree most the Liberals in California could never handle a Canadian winter. Good luck with the move!
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Would like to know how that was in 2004 when Bush was re-elected. Because I remember all the celebrity Liberals saying the same thing.

My real question would be is does Canada want all these people who said they would leave the USA?

I also really do hope that the public holds their feet to the fire and makes them give and explanation if they don't.

It quite sad Tom Brady is being harassed for voting for Trump. When Jay-z, Beyonce, Lebron James and so many other public figures came out for Hillary. It goes to show the Hippocratic nature of the American System. If you are on the media's side no problem. If not you need to burn in hell. So sad people can't vote and express their opinion. It really is the hypocrisy of liberals.
I saw some stats from back in 2004 when ppl were talking the same gibberish about going to Canada - it wasn't the large influx ppl were saying.

Canada does not want all these people - we wouldn't have a problem having ppl come in for sure but...working permits? Canadian benefits? etc - ppl ain't going to get them right away
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I saw some stats from back in 2004 when ppl were talking the same gibberish about going to Canada - it wasn't the large influx ppl were saying.

Canada does not want all these people - we wouldn't have a problem having ppl come in for sure but...working permits? Canadian benefits? etc - ppl ain't going to get them right away
I know Canada they want Employers not employees. If you are job creator all welcomed by Canada. Most US Democrats are employees or even worse live off the state. I live in Bernie Land of California my pops was in the insurance industry for years, I saw pony tailed Liberals from the 60's and 70's who started businesses and made some money all of a sudden become Republican.

Unfortunately, your Prime Minister has been letting in the Syrians for whatever reason. As much threat as they cause these crazies from the US that provide no service will likely be much greater.
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

I agree with Vogeltron...who would want to leave this, it's paradise!

Look, their at Disney Syria!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-11-2016), omerta777 (11-10-2016), pirate1122 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I agree with Vogeltron...who would want to leave this, it's paradise!
Just like Libya was the richest country in Africa before Hillary Clinton got her hands on it. Again and again US meddling in foreign affairs. Obama has dropped more bombs and droned more countries than the George Bush. Yet somehow there is nobody out protesting because they are brainwashed and well he is on "are team". Really? Flippin shows how dumbed down people are in this country.

Last edited by vogeltron; 11-10-2016 at 06:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 69%

I for one welcome Trump. I just hope half his talks were not just talks....

I'm sorry, but its way to easy for anyone to come into this country and start working. Then, the wage is sent back to other countries. That is one way to improve this economy, close some damn boarders. Plenty of Americans cant find low skilled jobs because too many foreigners are taking them and not supporting our economy!

My sales have doubled this week, I had a very bad Oct, but this week they are gaining. Still not hoilday sales, but its going to get better once everyone stops drinking.
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
I'm sorry, but its way to easy for anyone to come into this country and start working. Then, the wage is sent back to other countries.
I know History is not for everyone...but when people from "other Countries" first came here....what do you think they did with their money? usually it was sent back to their Mother Country and when enough was saved...they would bring their whole family to this Country.

Quote:
That is one way to improve this economy, close some damn boarders.
Exactly what does this mean, close some borders....I didn't realize they had the "Open Door" sign on. Do people enter illegally? Yes they do but it isn't because there's an open door where they walk in through. Have you ever been to the border? ever seen the actual fences and walls already there?

Quote:
Plenty of Americans cant find low skilled jobs because too many foreigners are taking them and not supporting our economy!
Really? they should hit the areas where crops are being picked, LOT'S of work there, wait...that's right, no one want's to do that work. It's always easy to blame the illegals but guess what, they have been here through good and bad economic times, people bitch when the bad economic times hit and of course it's easy to blame the illegals. One thing you should know, when these so called foreigners work.....90% of the time, they get no tax returns, so guess where all that money goes? yeah...back to the Government.

Just a quick History lesson:
In the 1930's just after WWI and after the Stock Market Crash......the Country panicked and needed a fix, well...who better to deport than the same people the Country brought in to work....yes the "Mexicans". First they tried to ask then they forced random people.

You think this Country was only built on the blood and sweat of "Americans"? guess again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
beatingebay (11-15-2016), ilcarletto (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I know History is not for everyone...but when people from "other Countries" first came here....what do you think they did with their money? usually it was sent back to their Mother Country and when enough was saved...they would bring their whole family to this Country.
Did they come here to celebrate the 4th of July or Cinco De Mayo? Which I still don't understand because it is Mexico breaking away from France? Just asking? Because my grandparents came here to be flipping Americans. I live in California I see all these Mexican cats here waving there Mexican flags telling me how great it is in Mexico. Then GO HOME!!!!! But I know they call you Coconuts because you aren't born in Mexico. If you want to come here and be an American!!!! Welcome!! Don't come to my country telling me I need to let in all your people illegally and speak your language. When you have hundreds of thousands of people probably millions from across the world waiting in line to come to America to be an American!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Exactly what does this mean, close some borders....I didn't realize they had the "Open Door" sign on. Do people enter illegally? Yes they do but it isn't because there's an open door where they walk in through. Have you ever been to the border? ever seen the actual fences and walls already there?
Been to the border there are huge areas that are the wild west. People who are "Illegal" are encouraged to come here because of the laws of the US. Mexico has a wall on their Southern Border they beat the crap out of the immigrants from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras that come through. They don't hand them and sandwich and send them back like the US. The women often end up becoming prostitutes you ignorant racist.

Quote:
Really? they should hit the areas where crops are being picked, LOT'S of work there, wait...that's right, no one want's to do that work. It's always easy to blame the illegals but guess what, they have been here through good and bad economic times, people bitch when the bad economic times hit and of course it's easy to blame the illegals. One thing you should know, when these so called foreigners work.....90% of the time, they get no tax returns, so guess where all that money goes? yeah...back to the Government.
Have to disagree as a fellow Californian the Central Valley has been destroyed by the Liberals in Sacramento. Its now a wasteland that has all the water stolen from it to water Golf Courses in Los Angeles. Low skilled and low educated workers which tend to be minorities are hurt by illegal immigration. It is a crowding out effect. As many online sellers complain about Chinese epacket sellers. Its the the same thing. As to why Mexico built a wall and throws out people from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. If you want cheap workers to pick crops it can come from plenty of place Africa, Caribbean, South America, parts of Asia. This whole its only Mexicans can pick fruit because they live close enough to break the laws is insane and its Racist by those that spew that nonsense.

Quote:
Also MM78 illegal immigration is ILLEGAL. It drives down wages and absolutely does hurt Americans especially low skilled uneducated workers in the US.

Just a quick History lesson:
In the 1930's just after WWI and after the Stock Market Crash......the Country panicked and needed a fix, well...who better to deport than the same people the Country brought in to work....yes the "Mexicans". First they tried to ask then they forced random people.
It was wrong to deport anyone who was an American Citizen. But if you are going to restrict trade you ship out those who are not members of the country. I am for all Americans!!! I even complained when Obama your boy droned a US Citizen in the Middle East. Every AMERICAN deserves due process!!!

Quote:
You think this Country was only built on the blood and sweat of "Americans"? guess again.
It was built on American lives going back to 1776. You can go through the graveyard in Arlington Cemitary.

Last edited by vogeltron; 11-11-2016 at 07:18 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (11-11-2016), Rhonda (11-15-2016), yankee (11-11-2016)