Which VPN will you use for PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Which VPN will you use for PayPal

Ok, so about a year ago I purchased a US paypal account from a seller here and 24vc connection which was recommended by him.

Yesterday the year I paid for expired and I made another payment for the next year, they asked for my ID and utility bill in order to verify it and even after sending them everything they needed and verifying my PayPal email they decided to reject my payment. No reason given.

I AM NEVER WORKING WITH THEM AGAIN.

So now the IP address I've been using with my paypal account for the last year is gone and I need to find a new VPN provider and new IP address that won't raise any flags with paypal.

Any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 68%
Default re: Which VPN will you use for PayPal

Yeah, im not sure why they need all that info. Out of all the VPS's I use, they are the only ones requiring all that.
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 57%

not had a problem with 24vc yet. works a treat, i did have to send a pic of my payment card though
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

I actually had quite a few costumers complaining about the same verification process that 24vc employ. Many many of them fail it for no reason - these are people I work with regularly.
Perhaps '123' should comment on here and perhaps they need to review their 'verification' process which sometimes seems stricter than ebay and paypal's system...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Breakthecycle2 (11-11-2016), LSD (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 43%

I have to say that I have purchased 4 VPN's through them and every one has been an extreme hassle. I'd love to find a different option. I am extremely concerned to hear someone had ANOTHER issue in just renewing!? I'm really not happy to hear that because it was hard enough to get the ones I have and I thought I was done with the hassle.
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoplay View Post
I have to say that I have purchased 4 VPN's through them and every one has been an extreme hassle. I'd love to find a different option. I am extremely concerned to hear someone had ANOTHER issue in just renewing!? I'm really not happy to hear that because it was hard enough to get the ones I have and I thought I was done with the hassle.
Same here..
they literally make you send your ID by every transaction you make, I don't even feel confident sharing such info
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You guys need to speak to 123 About your concerns.
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 45%

i think its for security reasons and also because of the amount of charge back people do on them
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooper For This Useful Post:
123 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
i think its for security reasons and also because of the amount of charge back people do on them
I can understand the concern - but denying someone who is just renewing his service after a year? even though he has sent his ID to them?
Seems extreme to me...
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Personally, as a USA resident with 11 USA IP's and 1 Canadian, I've had a relatively smooth experience with 24vc. I got a bit over zealous and purchased too many IP's.

The only problem I've had with them to speak of is connection reliability, which in my case was resolved by switching to softether for my connections. I was a bit frustrated with the lack of a phone number on their website a few months ago. But with them having customers all over the world I can sort of understand them wanting to handle communication via email.

Just last week they auto-billed me for 3 subscriptions, which was instantly posted to my bank account without any verification. The only "verification" I've ever had to do for them was putting some text on my aspkin profile.

123 replied in a thread similar to this one a few weeks ago saying the verification headache for some customers is being caused by their payment processor, and not them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
123 (11-11-2016), a311hanna (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

There's a ton of misinformation being posted here, so want to clarify on several points. First of all we would NEVER require verification for a "renewal" payment that would make no sense, the only times we would require verification is for new orders and only in certain circumstances.

Towelking you're confusing us with Avangate, Avangate is asking you for that information NOT us. Avangate is a payment processor that processes our paypal payments. If your paying by papyal it goes through our payment processor (Avangate) and orders that are marked suspicious by them require additional verification. You would need to contact them directly to see why their flagging your payments or can just pay by a different payment method.

We HAVE NOTHING to do with Avangate requiring more information from you. That would be like trying to pay us by credit card but your bank declines the payment and then getting upset with us, it makes no sense. We have NO CONTROL over that, I have no idea why Avangate is asking for extra information for your paypal payment, but it's not due to anything on our end. We are extremely lenient on paypal payments.

And for those curious as to why we have to use Avangate to accept paypal payments, and why not just accept paypal payments directly instead, it's because paypal does not allow VPN companies to use paypal to accept payments for vpn services. In the past couple years they've gotten very strict with that since alot of their "major partners" were lobbying them to stop working with vpn companies because vpns can be used for copyright infringement.

But like I've mentioned many times before in other threads & posts, we do accept payments directly by paypal without Avangate but it can't be integrated into the site for the reasons stated above. But you can pay us directly if you need to, just open a ticket with billing and say your having trouble with Avangate and would like to pay directly by paypal instead of through Avangate.

The ONLY type of payments that we are very strict on ourselves, are credit card payments and that is out of necessity. VPN companies in general have to deal with a lot of fraudulent orders and scammers, more so than other companies. It's just the nature of the business unfortunately, and it means that we at times are forced to inconvenience our legitimate customers in order to verify an order and separate them from the fraudulent ones. Trust me this is not something we want to do, in fact it would make our jobs much easier if we didn't have to. But unfortunately it's absolutely required or we would simply go out of business with the sheer amount of fraudulent transactions that we get on a daily basis.

And just for context in the past when we first started we were much less strict with credit card payments, in fact we never required any verification, whatsoever. If the payment went through, we pretty much accepted it. And that of course resulted in us getting our merchant account suspended and completely losing our ability to accept credit card payments at all. We were fortunate enough to find another merchant account that we could use to accept credit card payments (which for VPN companies it's not as easy, as you would think as many providers list vpns as a restricted service), so don't think we're being strict for no reason, or because we just want to be strict, its unfortunately required if we want to stay in business. It would make my life much easier, if we could just accept all payments without worrying about verifying anything. Hope this helps people understand the situation from our viewpoint.

Last edited by 123; 11-11-2016 at 10:22 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (11-13-2016), JamesNorth101 (11-12-2016), MM78 (11-11-2016), phaz0rz (11-12-2016), TGMT² (11-12-2016)
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 42%

Im new here but this service looks great, I think I will be getting it. After such a detailed explanation I think this will be a good company to deal with.
Old 11-11-2016

If you still have your cookies with paypal then things cant go wrong
Old 11-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%

You are right, it is Avantage that is requesting all of this information, and it is for a renenwal. I have no idea why they blocked me or why I did not pass verification.

I apologize for the post - I assumed it was the same thing, I will open a ticket and reques direct payment through paypal.
Old 11-12-2016
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowelKing View Post
I apologize for the post - I assumed it was the same thing, I will open a ticket and reques direct payment through paypal.
I have edited your thread title since you seem happy with 123's response, and of course your apology.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
123 (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Which VPN will you use for PayPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadvan123 View Post
If you still have your cookies with paypal then things cant go wrong
I wouldn't dare give them any of my cookies. I work too hard baking them to just hand them over to Paypal. All of my cookies stay locked in my cupboard.

Jokes aside, your post didn't make any sense.