Can PP reverse invoice payments wih no dispute on them? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Can PP reverse invoice payments wih no dispute on them?

Hey. I was wondering if PP could/would reverse an invoice payment, if neither party (sender or receiver) initiated a dispute on it? I have a stealth account that I want to withdraw all of my $ from, by sending it to a legit PP account. I could care less if the stealth account gets shut down over it, but I want to take out a big chunk of money (1k+) at once, and certainly don't want that $ locked up in a limitation on the stealth account. Are there any circumstances, under which paypal would reverse the invoice payment after it was made? Also, is there any way I should make up the invoice (goods vs. services, etc) that would make it even less likely to be reversed for any reason. Thanks for your insight!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That's a tough question. There's no way to predict if you will get limited. If you decide to try it, you might send a letter with tracking and add the tracking nunber to your real paypal account.

It would probably be better and less likely for a limitation if you add a new bank account to your stealth paypal and slowly withdraw the money to your bank account.
Old 04-01-2009

dont do it!!! i just tried this same exact thing last week. i moved $800 from a stealth account to my account. my account has never had any flags that i know of. they froze the funds within 30mins and limited both accounts within 2hrs. I did this all with different ip addys and windows users. now i have to post a tracking number and wont be able to get funds for 180 days since my ss# is already flagged in their system.
Old 04-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Aaaaahh!!!

You guys killed me with that news...especially you snagga lol. I really really can't afford to lose these funds, but at the same time, I absolutely need them by friday (2 days).

What about using the paypal debit card? I also have one of those, that I just activated right now for this stealth account. It says that it has a daily withdrawal limit of $3000. Can I somehow use the card to withdraw all the money (about $1300) at once?

I normally would withdraw the funds slowly, but in this case, I'm really strapped for cash and I have a large bill due friday, that I absolutely can't miss and unfortunately have no other solid way to cover besides this entrapped cash lol.

I've never used a paypal debit card to withdraw more than $400 (the ATM limit). Exactly how do I use it to withdraw more in the same day?

EDIT: I just withdrew $150 of it, so now I'm only worried about $1150 lol (assuming the withdrawal goes smoothly...geez I'm so uptight about this now. I'll never wait until the last minute like this again EVER)

Last edited by deeznuts; 04-01-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Ebayhateluv, made a thread about the method she used a while back. She said she used her Paypal debit card to purchase Walmart money orders. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it would work.

Last edited by lakeman; 04-01-2009 at 07:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
deeznuts (04-01-2009)
Old 04-01-2009
Threadstarter  

That's at least 1 solid sounding idea so far. I honestly didn't even know that walmart did money orders. So far that sounds like my best course of action. I'll make another $150 withdrawal to my bank tomorrow and then head over there to get the remaining $1k.

Unless someone else has another idea =)

Last edited by deeznuts; 04-01-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2009

Longevity: 95%

Pp debit cards are only good for legement accounts, cant help people who use stelth Pp's Walmart money center will sale u a money order as well as cash there walmart money gram money orders for free
Old 04-01-2009
Threadstarter  

I don't understand ^. I have a stealth account, with different name, phone #, etc, but with a PP debit card attached to it, because its address is near mine. Are you saying that I won't be able to use the walmart money order because my real info wont match the debit card I present as payment? Why else wouldn't the debit card work with a stealth account? Please fill me in, because for now, I'm planning on using this money order method in the next 2 days to withdraw my $. Thanks for the help!

Also, would this same technique work with postal money orders?...buying say $1300 in postal money orders at once with the PP debit? I've used my real debit card to purchase large postal money orders like that before, but never a PP debit card. If possible, I'd much rather use this technique with postal money orders as they're widely accepted, and I've read that walmart money orders are not always accepted.
Old 04-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Default buying USPS MOs with PP debit WORKS!!!!

Well...I went to the USPS today and used my stealth account debit card to take out $1050 in money orders (one $500, and one $550)...I purchased them both together, for $1052.50 or so, and the sale went through flawlessly. I wish I hadn't done the PP bank withdrawal of $150 that I did last night, as I would've had that $ now as well.

As it stands, I fear that the account will soon be limited as the $1k+ POS purchase has basically liquidated the account (I also did an ATM withdrawal of $20 after the POS purchase to leave the account with only $14 in it). I attempted to cancel the bank withdrawal and then ATM withdraw that $150, but paypal no longer offered an option to cancel it. Hopefully it will go through and not get reversed.

If I make it through today without getting limited due to the large withdrawal I will consider myself blessed. As it stands I feel quite grateful to the members of this forum for giving me the info and ideas, that I needed to get my $ out when I needed it. Thanks all!
Old 04-02-2009

i am suprised they didnt ask for id @ USPS. glad everything worked out
Old 04-02-2009

I was also thinking about the USPS or Walmart asking for Id to purchase a money order that big. You got lucky!
Old 04-05-2009

Longevity: 92%

deeznuts please update us on the status of your pp account during the following days, thanks!

X=D
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Update...

well...my account IS now limited lol. However, it wasn't limited until almost 2 days after I made the $1050 POS purchase (I guess they didn't review my account until then?).

That delay in limitation worked out great for me, because it gave the initial $150 bank withdrawal that I had made prior to learning about the money order scenario a few more days to move away from paypal's reach (it is now showing up in my BOA account as "pending" and I expect it will clear in the next day or two). I had more or less assumed I would never see that $150 again as I expected the account to be limited immediately after the POS purchase, and that withdrawal request to be cancelled/reversed.

I think that it may be possible to use this method of money order withdrawal without being limited at all, if you leave a little $ behind in the account. After I did the $150 bank withdrawal, $1050 POS purchase withdrawal, and a $20 ATM withdrawal, I left my account with only around $10 in it, so the size of the withdrawals looked especially suspicious. I believe thats why I was eventually limited (my account has never had any disputes or other issues).

Either way, this will be my new primary method for withdrawals of larger $ amounts, and has thoroughly sold me on the paypal debit card. I was not really concerned at all about them asking for ID at the post office, as I routinely get $1k+ in money orders there for my rent payment, and have never been asked for ID (since they only allow cash or PIN# debits as payment, they feel no need to ask for ID).