In a very big mess - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default In a very big mess

Hello everyone,

You all seem so friendly so I thought this was the place to come to explain my problem and see if anyone has some advice on how I should go forward. I have been selling on Ebay and using paypal for about 8 years. I sell custom made items so when the buyer purchases the item they know it won't be ready for about 4-6 weeks. I recently had a couple weeks where I was going through some devastating issues at home and I fell behind. A lot of my customers got mad and filed claims and left bad feedback which created to more panic among other people. Complete domino effect. I received the paypal limited email shortly after. So now I can't make money and can't pay my Ebay fees and therefore am desperately behind in my orders. The paypal disputes keep piling up every day and it is getting out of hand even though I am trying to contact everyone and ask for a little more time. Right now my paypal balance is in the negative over 2,000 and I am sure it will be more as more cases coming rolling in. I feel very over my head with this. I can't sleep anymore because I am afraid that they will come and take me to jail. I have never dealt with this before. Do you know if paypal can call the police if buyers keep filing chargebacks and you don't have the money to cover it? Sorry for the long winded post! Just very anxious lately.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: In a very big mess

is your paypal limited yet? Have you sent out some or none or all of the orders pertaining to the 2000 in the neg?

no nothing bad in terms of jail will happen.

its also sad, as you probably have unique items? so starting up again would need a rethink..

crisis does happen, but as long as you are fit and well and so are your family, then put it in perspective, this is just paypal issues not the end of the world...

all you can do is explain it to as many customers as you can.

in terms of the money owed, well as the account is probably in your real details, the advice would be to pay it back, even if it is on a credit card, it does not have to be right now, it can wait a couple of months plus...

if you want to send further items out - send your items with tracking too.

if you are limited, then there is the option of not sending out any more stuff, particularly those with existing disputes, as those buyers will get refunded anyway, so there is no point sending their stuff and be out of pocket even more...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-18-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, where is the money to refund the ppl then? If I can't fulfill orders - devastating time or not, I send their money back - you can't keep it
Old 11-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 42%

I have sent out some of the orders. The money people paid has gone into supplies to do their orders. I have been trying to email the customers and tell them that I want to do their order but some of them go to paypal anyway. The account details are all in my own name. I feel really bad because I have been selling for so long and I just got in over my head. I want to pay paypal back and get everyone their order; I just can't do it all at once and that is what they want me to do. I have a folder with peoples information and order details and will keep all of my tracking information from the post office.
Old 11-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I'm not judging you HarleyGirl - the problem with Paypal is that they hear this kind of story all the time. There is literally low likelihood of going to jail but Paypal may take you to collections and affect your credit score - also depends on the amount owed...you should look at settling with paypal as soon as possible. Any more financial or legal advice, you need to speak to professional. Forum isn't really meant for that.

For $2000, I would safely state that you wouldn't be taken to jail but collections is quite possible.
Old 11-18-2016

Longevity: 68%

lol funny the jail part, man chill out, do what you can to fix what you can and make things right and go on your business. stuff happens.
Old 11-19-2016

Longevity: 44%

I feel really sad about that. I guess you might sell custom wedding dresses something like custom items? ebay is not a really good place to do start some kind of business. Don't give a hope on them
Old 12-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@OP, where is the money to refund the ppl then? If I can't fulfill orders - devastating time or not, I send their money back - you can't keep it
With hand made items you have to pay for materials. How do you send
money back that you already spent on materials to make the item?
Old 12-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne dunn View Post
I feel really sad about that. I guess you might sell custom wedding dresses something like custom items? ebay is not a really good place to do start some kind of business. Don't give a hope on them
I sell custom items on ebay and it's a great place to sell them but you have
to keep your customers updated as soon as you see you are going to have a delay.
Most are great and will wait. It's when they don't hear from you that they panic.

HarleyGirl
You will be fine. Contact the buyers who you haven't shipped their items.
Ask if they still want it. Tell them you are sorry about the delay and you had
some family responsibilities that prevented you from delivering on time but
things are all better now and you are ready to ship asap. If they still want
the item, get it done and shipped out. You can upload tracking to paypal
during a dispute and paypal allows 7 days for the tracking to show it in transit.
This gives you a little more time to get things done and out. The cases will
be closed when delivered and the money will go back into your account.
For the ones that the people do not want the item, just bite the bullet and move
on to other orders. Use their materials to make someone else's projects.
You will eventually catch back up. You can pay paypal off when you can.
They won't do anything to you for a while.

Ebay, you need to pay off asap or they will shut your account down. You don't
want to loose that account. private message me if you want to talk further about it.

I think you will be ok. You just need to get in contact with the customers first
and see where you are on who wants refunds and who will wait.
Old 12-06-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

PP can't do shiit to you, they'll send what you owe to collections, if I were you I'd tell all the fuktards requesting refunds to fukoff then start new stealth accounts and move on...trust me you will feel allot better by next week if you take my advice