Etsy want ID for my stealth address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 06-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Etsy want ID for my stealth address

Does anyone have experience with etsy stealth?

I have an etsy account which is doing really well but I want a 2nd stealth account for back up.

I tried creating it using new details and everything, but I got to the direct checkout part and I obviously had to put my real name and bank account. I then put a stealth name and address under the personal details section. It instantly came up saying they cant confirm my identity. Because the bank account and stealth address don't match I'm assuming?

It asks me to upload photo ID, which I'm planing on creating to suit the account. Which will have the stealth name and address. But I don't know for sure if that will work as there isn't much on this forum about etsy. Has anyone uploaded an ID before with stealth etsy? How did it go?
The Following User Says Thank You to HAHlala For This Useful Post:
xoxhunni3xox (11-27-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Etsy want ID for my stealth address

Hope you get an excellent and high quality ID....that will make a big difference in whether they accept it or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
mataramasukoma (09-01-2016)
Old 06-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 49%

Someone from the forum is making me one so hopefully it works!
Old 06-02-2016

Longevity: 50%

Sorry two questions
Do user accounts work well with etsy? I mean is it enough just to make a new user account?...of course with a new ip

For payments would adding a new email paypal address work ONLY for receiveing etsy payments? to pay the bill i will use a credit card with mismatched name...hope it works...
I am looking for a second stealth account unlikable to the first real account

Last edited by fantomas0405; 06-02-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

works all the same fantomas
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
fantomas0405 (06-03-2016)
Old 09-01-2016

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Hope you get an excellent and high quality ID....that will make a big difference in whether they accept it or not.
I read Stealth Book and started an etsy shop. Works fine. But now they requests US ID. But i am no US citizen

What should do ? They are going to suspend my account in 24 hours.

Old 09-02-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataramasukoma View Post
I read Stealth Book and started an etsy shop. Works fine. But now they requests US ID. But i am no US citizen

What should do ? They are going to suspend my account in 24 hours.

Seems you didnt read the Stealth Book too well lol.

Honestly I can't help you on this, but if you look around the forums there are answers. It may cost you though.
Old 09-03-2016

Hey Zenohki,
Can you help please i only have one last shot and these are the steps im doing.
i am setting up a new account with new name new address
new user on comp
dongle for new ip address
new email address
new paypal
new bank details (same name as previous closed account but registered to new address),
does it matter if the registered address on the bank info will be different to the address im going to use for the new account? Also any other things im missing?
Thanks
Old 09-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Seems you didnt read the Stealth Book too well lol.

Honestly I can't help you on this, but if you look around the forums there are answers. It may cost you though.
Sure i read it. The issue is not about ssn. They have requested driver licence or passport. Anyway i solved it
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataramasukoma View Post
Sure i read it. The issue is not about ssn. They have requested driver licence or passport. Anyway i solved it
I didn't mean about the SSN, I meant I would have thought you would have been aware that you would need ID at some point, glad you got sorted, and good luck with the new Et.sy
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Hey Zenohki,
Can you help please i only have one last shot and these are the steps im doing.
i am setting up a new account with new name new address
new user on comp
dongle for new ip address
new email address
new paypal
new bank details (same name as previous closed account but registered to new address),
does it matter if the registered address on the bank info will be different to the address im going to use for the new account? Also any other things im missing?
Thanks
Hi Caddy,

I replied in one of the other posts you made in the Et.sy forum.

The main thing you seem to have missed is that you will need ID for your new self.

You have most of it down, but there are other little bits that you need to do to ensure accounts are not linked. Things like your email address settings (see the stealth guide), new images - try not to directly duplicate the product from your old account if you can.

Remember you want to look like a new user, so when you set up your new account act like one. Read articles and help info etc. Everything about you, other than the name on that bank account needs to be a brand new person. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Hi Caddy,

I replied in one of the other posts you made in the Et.sy forum.

The main thing you seem to have missed is that you will need ID for your new self.

You have most of it down, but there are other little bits that you need to do to ensure accounts are not linked. Things like your email address settings (see the stealth guide), new images - try not to directly duplicate the product from your old account if you can.

Remember you want to look like a new user, so when you set up your new account act like one. Read articles and help info etc. Everything about you, other than the name on that bank account needs to be a brand new person. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, i'll actually be using my sisters name and address so maybe i can use her id. as for email i'll be using gmail account too.
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Thanks for the info, i'll actually be using my sisters name and address so maybe i can use her id. as for email i'll be using gmail account too.
For email I'm talking about there are some setting you need to adjust in gmail with regards to image download.
Old 10-14-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Someone from the forum is making me one so hopefully it works!
can someone make me an ID please PM me i would like to have one
Old 11-17-2016
MU

Longevity: 82%

Am I the only one who has a serious issue with making the ids for the accounts? They are going to link right back to your real bank account. Should their be any issue...well you've got some serious legal complications on your hands. Absolutely not worth it. Just use a different country.
Old 11-19-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Am I the only one who has a serious issue with making the ids for the accounts? They are going to link right back to your real bank account. Should their be any issue...well you've got some serious legal complications on your hands. Absolutely not worth it. Just use a different country.
Well to make a new stealth PP you need to do the same thing. As far as I can tell its not illegal at the moment at least. They are not a financial body, nor are they doing credit checks on you. To me its no different than giving a new acquaintance a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

Either way if you have a problem with the ethics of it, this place is not for you. I've seen a few people get cold feet over it, but for now there is nothing illegal about it unless you decide to not pay your seller fees.
Old 11-19-2016
MU

Quote:
Well to make a new stealth PP you need to do the same thing. As far as I can tell its not illegal at the moment at least. They are not a financial body, nor are they doing credit checks on you. To me its no different than giving a new acquaintance a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

Either way if you have a problem with the ethics of it, this place is not for you. I've seen a few people get cold feet over it, but for now there is nothing illegal about it unless you decide to not pay your seller fees.
I don't give ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ids to Paypal either. Making a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id is illegal, it doesn't matter what the purpose is or how ethical you act under it, at least in the US (Check Title 18 USC 1028) You can make stealth eBay/etsy/Paypal and not land yourself in a world of trouble should the chips ever fall.

Also, don't tell me the ethics of it make this place not for me. I've been here going on seven years and have never made a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ document to get an account up and going nor to survive. If you do, fine, that's your neck.
Old 11-19-2016

Quote:
I don't give ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ids to Paypal either. Making a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id is illegal, it doesn't matter what the purpose is or how ethical you act under it, at least in the US (Check Title 18 USC 1028) You can make stealth eBay/etsy/Paypal and not land yourself in a world of trouble should the chips ever fall.

Also, don't tell me the ethics of it make this place not for me. I've been here going on seven years and have never made a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ document to get an account up and going nor to survive. If you do, fine, that's your neck.
I'm curious then, how do you do it? Because I was very much under the impression that you need ID to make stealth accounts?
Old 11-19-2016
MU

Quote:
I'm curious then, how do you do it? Because I was very much under the impression that you need ID to make stealth accounts?
For Etsy - Use areas that don't require DC - easy. There's 24 large areas that don't force DC.

For Paypal - Use an EIN and spread sales. I also still have all my original SSN based business accounts.

eBay - I also use Merchant Accounts as it's cheaper for me given I do direct sales on some of my own websites.

Not doing something the same way every time has worked pretty well for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (11-19-2016)
Old 11-20-2016

Quote:
For Etsy - Use areas that don't require DC - easy. There's 24 large areas that don't force DC.

For Paypal - Use an EIN and spread sales. I also still have all my original SSN based business accounts.

eBay - I also use Merchant Accounts as it's cheaper for me given I do direct sales on some of my own websites.

Not doing something the same way every time has worked pretty well for me.
Is EIN something you can apply for even if you don't live in the US?
Old 11-21-2016
MU

Quote:
Is EIN something you can apply for even if you don't live in the US?
I do not believe so as an individual, as it's connected to a SSN. From my understanding if you have a US Based company you can fax a request for an EIN.
Old 11-21-2016

Quote:
I do not believe so as an individual, as it's connected to a SSN. From my understanding if you have a US Based company you can fax a request for an EIN.
Then I guess I have to stick with my ID's