My account has been reinstated after a 12 month suspension. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-02-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default My account has been reinstated after a 12 month suspension.

A little over 1 year ago I got indefinitely suspended for a minimum of 12 months. Last Friday I sent a message asking eBay if it was possible to get my account reinstated. Yesterday I received an email from eBay stating that my account had been reinstated. This was a total shock; they didn’t even ask for any ID verification or anything, they just reinstated it. I didn’t really think that I had much chance of getting this account back and I never dreamed it would be this easy.

I wanted to post this to let people know that it is possible to get your account reinstated, even if you have been suspended for 12 months. I am however going to setup a new account using what I’ve learned from the eBay Stealth Book, just to be safe.

I have a few questions that maybe someone here can answer.

The account was originally suspended because I used some Microsoft Windows flag icons in my auctions to show that what I was selling was compatible with different versions of Windows. Do you think it will be safe for me to use the same auction ads (with the flag icons removed of course) or do you think these auction ads will be tagged by eBay? The reason I ask, is because these aren’t simple auctions ads and it will take a significant amount of work to redesign them.

Also, do you think my account would be suspended permanently for the slightest violation? For example, something trivial like posting in the wrong section or posting too many items at once.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2009

Longevity: 89%

It sounds like this infraction was quite minor in the scheme of things. Would others agree that a 'copyright infringement' suspension of an account reported by the vero rights owner would be less likely to be reinstated so easily?
Old 04-03-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

ScrewedByeBay, you should be okay but for extra caution change up the text of your ads a little bit. You're starting over really, your account is aged and born again. Ease into selling again, don't list high risk items for awhile, etc.

You're pretty much screwed with VeRO Juicyas.
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

ScrewedByeBay, Congratulations

May I ask what is your account details that got reinstated. Power Seller,Feedback, Age? I assume that you had the 12 month Minimum suspension stated in your suspension letter for them to reinstate your account after the 12 month minimum.

"Please be advised that you are prohibited from using eBay in any way, including using other existing accounts or registering new accounts. Please be aware that you are ineligible to apply for reinstatement for a minimum period of 12 months, after which time your account may be considered for reinstatement."

The letter I received is a little different.

"When your account was suspended, you were advised, "while this suspension is active, you are prohibited from registering under a new account name or using our system in any way." Our records indicate that the account "XXXXXXX" was used during your suspension. This is a violation of your suspension terms and, as a result, your account will remain suspended indefinitely with no plans for reinstatement."

So it really depends on what type of letter you received from ebay to be eligible for reinstatement.

BooMer

Last edited by BooMer; 04-03-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2009

Longevity: 88%

Congrats on getting your old account back. I have had soo many that from time to time I will check old email address' and once in a blue moon they will give accounts back outta the blue, no q's asked. I've been surprised by ebay a couple times now.

I am going to try and get my very first account back today. It's about 6 years old now and was suspended for Shill Bidding. Would be nice to have it back so I can buy crap without the hassle of trying to get sellers to ship to a different address then listed on the accounts.
Old 04-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
May I ask what is your account details that got reinstated. Power Seller,Feedback, Age? I assume that you had the 12 month Minimum suspension stated in your suspension letter for them to reinstate your account after the 12 month minimum.
This account is around 6 years old, it has around 6400 fb, which was around 99.8% positive when I got suspended. I have two others that got suspended right after this one. They weren't stealth accounts, just other accounts I used mainly to keep things organized. My oldest one is over 10 years old, but I haven't used it in several years. I'm thinking of trying to get these reinstated also.

Yes, it said it was a 12 month minimum suspension in the letter.