Ebay new stealth account has limits right away? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-23-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Ebay new stealth account has limits right away?

Guys I just created a new stealth account on Ebay, brand new bank acct , IP , Name, Address, Phone, New user in windows (Virtual machine), new VCC, new paypal.,

Can't remember if I had a limit of 0 items right off the bat but now that I decided to list an item it wouldn't let me list anything!

What's going on? I linked paypal and ebay already. Do you think somehow I got linked to the suspended account? Wouldn't they usually message that it's been suspended before hand?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Ebay new stealth account has limits right away?

It's not impossible that you got linked. How's your phone number? Is it a good quality, tracfone, at&t, etc type of phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
It's not impossible that you got linked. How's your phone number? Is it a good quality, tracfone, at&t, etc type of phone?
I used Google Talk and used their new phone number
Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

That did it, it was the google voice number that did it in.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
That did it, it was the google voice number that did it in.
oh G,

does that mean they can eventually find out? What can I do in this situation and why did google voice link it? I thought on their end it shows up as the new phone number and google voice just forwards it to me?

I just spoke with a rep on the phone right now and they said they'll reinstate as 5 items or $500 for now and that it could get raised later as my performance gets better with selling , phew.... but am I safe ?
Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Google Voice didn't "link", ebay isn't dumb and they know people use Google Voice. Next time use a Prepaid Phone service or similar service.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkang87 View Post
oh G,

does that mean they can eventually find out? What can I do in this situation and why did google voice link it? I thought on their end it shows up as the new phone number and google voice just forwards it to me?

?
It is noted on here to avoid Google voice.

What you should have done was run your plan by us first.

We could have told you about Google voice.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
It is noted on here to avoid Google voice.

What you should have done was run your plan by us first.

We could have told you about Google voice.

Good Luck
Does this mean google voice is no good anymore? I've heard other people who have used it and are successful with it, not sure , you guys are the expert. Can I change this phone number both on ebay and paypal later?
or will this get me linked since it flagged them already? or did it even flag them? Just wondering because the rep didn't say anything about it, although I do have to mention that I'm using only one router and changing my MAC Address does not give me consistent IP, yes it does most of the time, but once in a blue moon it will give me a slight different IP although the MAC Address is the same. Wondering if this might have been the case, where when I register it was IP address A and now after a few days trying to list in IP address B with same MAC address is flagging them thinking I'm hijacking an account? if this is the case, then google voice is working fine, right?
Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Does this mean google voice is no good anymore? I've heard other people who have used it and are successful with it, not sure , you guys are the expert. Can I change this phone number both on ebay and paypal later?
Google Voice can be used but you didn't use it correctly. For now, you can try to salvage the account, it would mean calling into Ebay and trying to sweet talk someone into restoring the account.

Quote:
or will this get me linked since it flagged them already? or did it even flag them?
Stop saying "Linked", Linking only happens when you cross contaminate accounts via cookies, same IP, this is a strictly a phone issue.

Quote:
Just wondering because the rep didn't say anything about it, although I do have to mention that I'm using only one router and changing my MAC Address does not give me consistent IP, yes it does most of the time, but once in a blue moon it will give me a slight different IP although the MAC Address is the same.
The only thing you should worry about is getting a new IP address when you switch between accounts.

Quote:
Wondering if this might have been the case, where when I register it was IP address A and now after a few days trying to list in IP address B with same MAC address is flagging them thinking I'm hijacking an account? if this is the case
Stop with the MAC address, Ebay can't see your MAC Address. Did you make sure to use a new IP [Yes] or [NO]?

Quote:
then google voice is working fine, right?
Stop......using......Google......Voice......use... ...a......prepaid.......phone.......next.......tim e!
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Google Voice can be used but you didn't use it correctly. For now, you can try to salvage the account, it would mean calling into Ebay and trying to sweet talk someone into restoring the account.

Stop saying "Linked", Linking only happens when you cross contaminate accounts via cookies, same IP, this is a strictly a phone issue.

The only thing you should worry about is getting a new IP address when you switch between accounts.

Stop with the MAC address, Ebay can't see your MAC Address. Did you make sure to use a new IP [Yes] or [NO]?

Stop......using......Google......Voice......use... ...a......prepaid.......phone.......next.......tim e!
I did use a new IP Address for the stealth account. If I were to use google voice correctly, how should I do this? What did I do wrong with it?

"For now, you can try to salvage the account, it would mean calling into Ebay and trying to sweet talk someone into restoring the account."

Sweet talk to change phone number or what kind of change with sweet talk are we talking about?

"The only thing you should worry about is getting a new IP address when you switch between accounts."

Do you mean that I'll have to get a new IP from that what I've used?

-Also, doesn't the guide tell you google voice is one of the options?

Last edited by wkang87; 11-23-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I did use a new IP Address for the stealth account. If I were to use google voice correctly, how should I do this? What did I do wrong with it?
This is going to be a bit lengthy so please read it carefully. I should note here that this should be done for the next time you open an account.

1. Get a PREPAID PHONE with minutes
2. Get all your information as you did for this last account
3. Open a Google Voice Account (you can use the Prepaid Phone to Verify the GV)
4. When you open your PayPal you will use your "Google Voice Number to register the PayPal"
5. When you get to the ebay portion, you will use your Prepaid Phone.
6. Once you get actual real limits, you can then change the Number to your Google Voice Number.

Quote:
Sweet talk to change phone number or what kind of change with sweet talk are we talking about?
Changing the Phone Number can be done on ebay.com, no sweet talking needed there. You need to call Ebay and speak to a Rep and try and get them to give you a limit higher than 0/$0.

Quote:
Do you mean that I'll have to get a new IP from that what I've used?
Right now you will most likely be running 1 account BUT if you plan to run multiple accounts you need to change IP's. So, if you plan to start over again with a new account, you need to change your IP address....and you need to keep track of those IP changes.

Quote:
Also, doesn't the guide tell you google voice is one of the options?
Things change on a daily basis, the guide is only a minor tool to get you up and running.
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is going to be a bit lengthy so please read it carefully. I should note here that this should be done for the next time you open an account.

1. Get a PREPAID PHONE with minutes
2. Get all your information as you did for this last account
3. Open a Google Voice Account (you can use the Prepaid Phone to Verify the GV)
4. When you open your PayPal you will use your "Google Voice Number to register the PayPal"
5. When you get to the ebay portion, you will use your Prepaid Phone.
6. Once you get actual real limits, you can then change the Number to your Google Voice Number.

Changing the Phone Number can be done on ebay.com, no sweet talking needed there. You need to call Ebay and speak to a Rep and try and get them to give you a limit higher than 0/$0.

Right now you will most likely be running 1 account BUT if you plan to run multiple accounts you need to change IP's. So, if you plan to start over again with a new account, you need to change your IP address....and you need to keep track of those IP changes.

Things change on a daily basis, the guide is only a minor tool to get you up and running.
Man I really appreciate the very detailed replies, thanks for taking the time =)

Do you mind if I ask why use the Google voice (linked to prepaid phone) for paypal and use the actual prepaid phone for the ebay verification? Why not just both with Google voice?

Also later if changed the phone number to Google voice do you mean to change it with Google voice that has your actual phone number? (This number was suspended in my eBay acct) or the one that has the Prepaid phone number?

I was able to have the rep to give me 5 items or $500 .. phew..

In the future how do I get a higher limit?
Old 11-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Do you mind if I ask why use the Google voice (linked to prepaid phone) for paypal and use the actual prepaid phone for the ebay verification?
We use Google Voice for PayPal because a lot of people don't want to pay $$$ to keep an active number alive, also....if you need to receive some type of verification call/text, it can be done with GV.

Quote:
Why not just both with Google voice?
If you use GV again with ebay, guess what your limits are going to be? take a wild guess....hint: 0/$0.

Quote:
Also later if changed the phone number to Google voice do you mean to change it with Google voice that has your actual phone number? (This number was suspended in my eBay acct) or the one that has the Prepaid phone number?
I don't think you understood my steps or why.
Here's the gist, You use a Prepaid Phone for ebay so you can get higher limits, I suggested changing your ebay contact number from the Prepaid Phone number over to the GV number INCASE you decide not keep the Prepaid Phone active. Does that make sense?

Quote:
In the future how do I get a higher limit?
Use a Prepaid Phone.
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016

Longevity: 68%

Everytime I use a prepaid service, I get 1000/25000 limits with EBay. If I use GV, I get 5/500.
The Following User Says Thank You to Breakthecycle2 For This Useful Post:
wkang87 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
Everytime I use a prepaid service, I get 1000/25000 limits with EBay. If I use GV, I get 5/500.
My gosh, I wish I knew this before =/

Quote:
We use Google Voice for PayPal because a lot of people don't want to pay $$$ to keep an active number alive, also....if you need to receive some type of verification call/text, it can be done with GV.
I get it now =D

Quote:
If you use GV again with ebay, guess what your limits are going to be? take a wild guess....hint: 0/$0.

I don't think you understood my steps or why.
Here's the gist, You use a Prepaid Phone for ebay so you can get higher limits, I suggested changing your ebay contact number from the Prepaid Phone number over to the GV number INCASE you decide not keep the Prepaid Phone active. Does that make sense?

Use a Prepaid Phone.
So the prepaid is used just to start you off with a higher list/$ , beautifully understood!

-If I had to call Ebay for some problem I encounter in the future, can I use the google voice to call them up? and when asked the phone number for the account just tell them the google voice number? or Do I never get to call them ever with my current phone?

-Do you guys know about the *67 trick in front of the phone? if you dial the *67 (xxx) xxx- xxxx , the number shows as "Restricted" or "no number" , will this be ok to use in your real phone when calling up Ebay?
Old 11-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
My gosh, I wish I knew this before =/

I get it now =D

-Do you guys know about the *67 trick in front of the phone? if you dial the *67 (xxx) xxx- xxxx , the number shows as "Restricted" or "no number" , will this be ok to use in your real phone when calling up Ebay?
You say you get it now AND then ask about the idea of using a banned phone number?

Where is it suggested in any reply to use your method?

You are making issues for yourself by trying to take shortcuts.

To do stealth properly, you avoid doing anything that might link yourself....
Reusing the old phone could do that.

Please try to listen to the replies...they are being given to help you succeed.

Last edited by GreenBean; 11-25-2016 at 03:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
wkang87 (11-26-2016)