Looking to open a CCNow account and have a few questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 07-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Question Looking to open a CCNow account and have a few questions

Hello

This is going to be a bit long, I'm really sorry :/, I have a unique situation so I have specific questions. I would greatly appreciate any help that is offered

So I am on the verge of activating a CCNow account, but would like to ask some questions before I spend the $$ to sign up. I know it isn't much to most, but for me at this moment due to limited income, it is, so I would like to make it count.

First, my business is making realistic baby dolls called "reborn dolls". I am making my work known in the reborn community, with many potential customers.

The thing is, each doll takes me about 2 weeks to make, so I will be aiming to sell maybe 2-3 dolls a month, along with occasional custom orders. The other thing is, I like to offer payment plans (layaway) for my dolls.

With how my sales would be looking, would you think CCNow would work well for me? I ask because it isn't exactly a store based business, but more like invoices and multiple payments (coming from mostly PayPal.)

If someone thinks there is a better alternative for what I do (besides PayPal), please let me know!

If you think CCNow would be ok for me, I was also wondering about how they do their payments, because I'm seeing different answers here from over the years.

I see that they hold the first payment for 45 days, is that still correct? If so, say I bring in more payments within that time, will those be held until the first payment is released? Hopefully I am making sense.

I wouldn't want to get in trouble for the multiple invoices and payments for the same item, so if I shouldn't accept payments then I would be willing to charge full price only, but would like to know this ahead of time.

And would I get paid bi weekly once those 45 days pass, or is weekly also an option?

Again I'm really sorry about this really long post! I hope I made sense, but if I didn't you can let me know and I will try to explain better.

Thank you!

Sara
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Looking to open a CCNow account and have a few questions

TBM! Sara,

Have you approached support at CCNow regarding your proposed plan?

My inclination would be to do that prior to giving them any of your funds.

I hope you can find a good working option.... Even one that avoids paypal.
TheBabyMaker (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

TheBabyMaker, CCNow works well for invoicing people and they can pay with their Paypal. Keep in mind the % taken is 5% so it's on the higher end.

My own experience with CCNow is that the first payment sent to my bank account was 45 days but after that, it was 15 days LIKE CLOCKWORK. All payments received in the first 45 days were held - I did not ever have a weekly option.

I liked CCNow for the invoice option but the % cut was kind of annoying - ah well.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you both again, you've been so helpful with all of my questions here!

I will give them a call, I didn't even think of that. I just want to be sure its the type of plan I'm looking for before I pay them and then it doesn't work out. I'm really looking for something just like PayPal, but not... haha, oh well, aren't we all??

Yeah the % is a bit high, I guess I was hoping for something that would be a better fit, but its definitely better than nothing. As of now I have no money coming in but I just keep painting! But at least I am stocking up my inventory lol!

Thanks again!!!
Old 09-07-2016

Longevity: 58%

not sure if that will work or not can you give more info
Old 09-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precise79 View Post
not sure if that will work or not can you give more info
CCNow easy than PayPal but do not using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info with them
Old 12-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
TheBabyMaker, CCNow works well for invoicing people and they can pay with their Paypal. Keep in mind the % taken is 5% so it's on the higher end.

My own experience with CCNow is that the first payment sent to my bank account was 45 days but after that, it was 15 days LIKE CLOCKWORK. All payments received in the first 45 days were held - I did not ever have a weekly option.

I liked CCNow for the invoice option but the % cut was kind of annoying - ah well.
So would this work for ebay, people could pay CCNow with their own paypal accounts?
Old 12-05-2016

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
So would this work for ebay, people could pay CCNow with their own paypal accounts?
It works, but you need to convince them to pay you by CCnow invoice. Give them some discount then most of them would move to CCNow.

I gave up PayPal completely now.