Question about EIN/Business set-up - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-05-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Question about EIN/Business set-up

I'm setting up a legitimate business using stealth, and will be linking a real LLC/EIN information once the paypal and eBay accounts are past the initial steps.
My question is; my state has a website where you can lookup the owner of LLC's and this would create red flags for PayPal verification. Will it cause any issues if I have my accountant as the 'registered' agent on the Secretary of State's website? It says that he's a CPA and registered agent, not the owner, and it's not like it's a random persons name.

Follow-up; if I had to create another legit account with a legit EIN, would it be alright to use the same CPA as registered agent on SOS website? (Would paypal enter or somehow keep track of the registered agent information from the SOS Website?)

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Question about EIN/Business set-up

Paypal isn't going to look up the registered agent regardless unless they have pending litigation against you.

It's not going to hurt anything if you use your accountant as your "registered agent" but I think you would be just fine registering the business in your own name.

Even if they did look up who owns a business, it wouldn't create a link for you. It would only cause a link if you have your SSN on file with your new business account (which you shouldn't, since you'll be using an EIN).
Old 12-05-2016

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal1 View Post
my state has a website where you can lookup the owner of LLC's and this would create red flags for PayPal verification.
you know that you can set up LLC's in a state that doesn't have this requirement like Nevada or Wyoming, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal1 View Post
Will it cause any issues if I have my accountant as the 'registered' agent on the Secretary of State's website? It says that he's a CPA and registered agent, not the owner, and it's not like it's a random persons name.
A registered agent means that you are legally authorized to receive mail for that company. A registered agent may represent thousands of companies. To link you this way an eBay employee would manually have to dig through public records to link you. eBay usually doesn't dig that deep, and if you gave them cause to dig this deep your account is probably toast anyways.

If you go this route, make sure you file federal and state income taxes for the LLC. They will eventually match the 1099's and come after you if you don't file taxes.
Old 12-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

thanks guys! And yes, I will be paying taxes on everything.

I have a couple other questions, should I make a new thread?

Specifically.. can I request a new card from my existing credit card company to use for paypal and ebay fees, and just put a different name down when I'm adding the card? I've previously had no issue with first name mismatches (using family member's cc for legitimate reasons) but if the stealth account is under john smith and I add a card 1234 that physically shows Jimmy Snow on it, paypal should fill in the last name (smith) as a fixed field, and have me put the first name.. any issues with that? Reason; I'll be using the card a lot , legitimate business, and don't want to mess with VCC unless absolutely necessary.

Also, Since I'll be receiving customer returns and sometimes personal purchases, I'll need a real address for shipping eventually, but for the sake of creating the stealth accounts is it better to use a non real address (I can get alterd docs to verify) for now, to avoid wasting time setting up a po box or ups box just to burn it if I mess up the verification?