Listing removed after sale shipped and receipt of the item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-08-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Listing removed after sale shipped and receipt of the item

I sold an item on ebay, shipped it using a tracking #, the item was delivered and then I got this note from Ebay (see below) that the listing was removed.

They credited me with fees. I logged on to my paypal account and see that money was not taken out - I did not expect it to but wanted to make sure.

I am assuming that Ebay gave the buyer the money back ? Is that what happens in such cases ? Who is eating the cost of the item then ? Ebay ?

---------------------------------

Hello XXXXXXX,
We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, xxx, because they were made without the account owner's permission:

Please note that we're working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.

All associated fees have been credited to your account. In these situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

We’ve also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the “Sold” section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

--Selling tip--
To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more information on immediate payments, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/requi...e-payment.html

We also recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging in to your PayPal account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests refunds or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

We're sorry for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Listing removed after sale shipped and receipt of the item

Mods - Sorry can you please move this thread to general discussion ? I have it in the wrong section.
Old 12-08-2016

Longevity: 53%

You will be likely charged for the money. EB and PAYPAL tend to steal from the sellers in such situations.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-10-2016 at 01:59 AM. Reason: warned about using correct terms
Old 12-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
You will be likely charged for the money. EB and PayPal tend to steal from the sellers in such situations.
Not sure what's meant by that but they really don't. I've been covered by both Ebay and Paypal seller protection in tons of instances. As long as you've complied with their guidelines 100% then EB or PP eat the loss, and not the seller.

I've had two of these situations in the past month except my listings were Buy It Now's and they weren't removed. In both cases I got a "! High Priority" message from Ebay (like you did OP) telling me the order was fraudulent. Luckily I was able to retrieve both of the shipments before they went out, but I had to go in and manually issue refunds for both of the orders.

If you're comfortable doing so OP, you may want to give Ebay a quick call and ask them the best way for you to handle this. I find it suspicious that your buyer waited until tracking confirmed delivery to report the purchase to Ebay as fraudulent. Usually when this happens on one of my accounts the reaction from the victimized buyer is almost instantaneous.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-10-2016 at 01:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebay3434 (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi phaz...thank you for your helpful posts. Sorry forgot to add, that I got this email from Ebay almost a month after the transaction had completed. I did call Ebay and guess what ? They had no clue - did not surprise me one bit rattling off standard script not to worry about this and my account is protected - whatever that means.

It happened to me about 4 times in the last one year and in all the cases, I had shipped the item and I don't recall anytime paypal holding my funds back. I will continue to check though. They were all listed as "buy it now". I rarely do a true auction style listing.

Like you said, I thought I am covered by seller protection anyway if someone attempts charge back. (I trust paypal lot more than ebay for some reason though I should n't say that..lol)

I was just curious who was eating that cost. I was thinking ebay but you are right, it could be paypal.
Old 12-10-2016

Longevity: 73%

When they remove your listing the money stays rite in your account you still have to ship the item keep up with the tracking .Everything is the same but eb removed your listing and if you relist same item subject to suspension
Old 12-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
When they remove your listing the money stays rite in your account you still have to ship the item keep up with the tracking .Everything is the same but eb removed your listing and if you relist same item subject to suspension
Not if the item was associated with unauthorised use of an account as the OP said in the beginning.

Yes, if a VeRo item, there is a risk of suspension.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
bluegrass1 (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
EB and PAYPAL tend to steal from the sellers in such situations.
They steal from me I usually steal 10 to 20 times back from them and call it even
Old 12-10-2016

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Not if the item was associated with unauthorised use of an account as the OP said in the beginning.

Yes, if a VeRo item, there is a risk of suspension.

Yep missed that

Should be covered with seller protection in that case
Old 12-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I have had this few time in past years. You should just go on as usual, always make sure you follow all seller protection rules and nothing will happen to you or your money.