Bully big boy ebay accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Bully big boy ebay accounts?

hi guys,

thought ad put this message i got today across for opinions to see if these guys have a case,

i am in the business of selling inspired t shirts .. tributes to films etc etc

anyways

am sure we all follow and minimick bigger accounts and put our own twist on design and sell them on

well a account has messaged me this morning ill copy and paste what they wrote below, baring in mind my designs are completely diff to theres, my listing picture is different and my description is different swell, the only link is that its the category of design that is the same,

was wondering is this a case of a bigger account trying to bully and scare or do they have a case? they of course don't own the rights to the images or the companies etc anyways heres the message they sent me

Dear Sirs,

It has come to our attention that you have been copying and modifying our designs without our knowledge or authorization. We hereby give notice that unless you cease this practice immediately and remove the associated designs from your shop then our solicitors will be instructed to pursue the matter and obtain compensation. We have, in the interim, already advised eBay's Trust & Safety team.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Bully big boy ebay accounts?

Who sent you the email? is it an actual VERO agent, or some dumbass that's selling similar item?
Old 12-13-2016
Threadstarter  

it was just a normal message not a official ebay or vero and they are just another selling a account all be it a big one.. like i say i have copied the ideas for shirts but designs , listings titles, descriptions all different
Old 12-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

If they don't own the rights to the images, or have permission by the company that actually does THEN they are trying to bully you.
Old 12-13-2016
Threadstarter  

i thought this, cos what they are designs is obv there own designs as they don't look like official shirts, mine are design using shutter stock images mostly, but my other point is if they have or prob have complained to ebey will ebay take them seriously and investigate? cos then surely arnt all there design vero swell?
Old 12-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
i thought this, cos what they are designs is obv there own designs as they don't look like official shirts, mine are design using shutter stock images mostly, but my other point is if they have or prob have complained to ebey will ebay take them seriously and investigate? cos then surely arnt all there design vero swell?
That's tough to say if Ebay will take them serious, if they are big enough....probably. I guess you will have to find out if you continue to sell the items, the risk is up to you.
Old 12-13-2016
Threadstarter  

as you can see from there message they haven't said which designs? but am also thinking if any ebay rep takes a look and sees that the designs are diff , listing titles are diff and description is diff how can he/she think they have a case?
Old 12-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Ask them which designs they are referring to specifically. If they give you a vague answer like "all of them" then I would perhaps contact ebay yourself, stealth or non-stealth account. I doubt they try to verify your info.

Furthermore, this is your market and I am sure you know it better than us that do not sell t shirts. Do these shirts usually require permission from someone prior to selling?
Old 12-13-2016
Threadstarter  

they are just inspired t-shirts, like say for example the goonies, they have a design which is for the fratellis restaurant in the movie, i have a design aswell, both designs are diff! i of course got the idea from them, but i made and go my own the design which is diff to theres, and thats the case for most of the listings there prob referring to! my whole shop isn't based on theres to add but a good few listings i did take the ideas from.
Old 12-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ask them if they patented/copyrighted the actual designs...
Old 12-13-2016
Threadstarter  

if they reply should i ask them to provide that info for the designs am using? haha as am sure they won't be able to provide that, the more i think about it the more it is just bully boy tactics!
Old 12-13-2016

Longevity: 52%

Have you checked if they are even a registered company.. online at companies house.
Old 12-14-2016
Threadstarter  

there ebay name is flamentinauk-ltd
Old 12-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Looking at the items for sale on there, I doubt either of you have the right to sell those t-shirts. The names, images and slogans are still the intellectual property of the original creators, be that the movie producers, video game creators, etc, etc. Whilst these are not "copies" as such, you are still selling unlicensed products which is illegal.

I'd keep your head down and hope for the best. I'd put money on it that the other seller hasn't contacted anyone and is just chancing their arm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
RetroRedneck (12-14-2016), rsot (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016
Threadstarter  

exactly mate we all know 99% of the t shirt game is inspired shirts, this was my whole point to begin with, they are cheeky even saying what they have...
Old 12-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Looking at the items for sale on there, I doubt either of you have the right to sell those t-shirts. The names, images and slogans are still the intellectual property of the original creators, be that the movie producers, video game creators, etc, etc. Whilst these are not "copies" as such, you are still selling unlicensed products which is illegal.

I'd keep your head down and hope for the best. I'd put money on it that the other seller hasn't contacted anyone and is just chancing their arm.
Exactly - OP, you are actually infringing on property and dealing in unlicensed goods. These kind of e-mails lack the professionalism you find in REGISTERED IP lawyer letters - best to delete and keep quiet - choice of continuing to sell is your own to make.