If you don't verify Paypal account does Paypal still limit and harass you? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default If you don't verify Paypal account does Paypal still limit and harass you?

Does anyone have any experience with not lifting the $500 limit and becoming verified and allowing more money in to the paypal account? Is that even possible anymore? If it is possible does that mean Paypal won't call asking questions and limit the account? I'm not that concerned about waiting 6 months to withdraw the money after I do verify I just don't want to deal with phone calls and limitations constantly since I won't have a social security to unlimit the account anyway.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2009

No, they'll gladly keep your money and they won't call you to ask you to lift limitations. But why would you give them your money to play with for six months?

Unless there is something new going on, you will not really need social to lift $500 limit.. It is easy to do this, specially after you are already verified.
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

It's been my experience that they try to run a credit check pretty early on for new accounts. No social = no credit check obviously and no way to get around it. hopefully i can get most people to pay with moneybookers or something and wont even have to deal with that much going on with paypal. how much money are people withdrawing before they get limited or otherwise have to give the social? one time i received $7,000 over about a month (around $50 average transaction) without even withdrawing and i got limited with the social necessary. seriously didnt even withdraw a dollar.

Last edited by aksjkas; 04-06-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Each and every paypal limitation differs. Impossible to provide a fully guaranteed formula. It's part of the troubles with using paypal.
Old 04-06-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You don't want to keep too much money in your Paypal account aksjkas, it's not how much you withdraw from an account or keep in an account that worries Paypal, it's how much money you take in and how fast you do it. Well and what you sell, etc.

If you verify your account, it just lifts some account restrictions, but it doesn't stop Paypal from limiting your account.

Just be ready for a limitation and questions that will be asked and you'll do okay.
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

my understanding is that paypal limitations are all about risk to paypal. if you dont verify the account and thus cant withdraw more than $500 a month there is virtually no risk to them and they would not have a reason to limit the account. the risk comes from the user withdrawing money and keeping it and not delivering whatever they promised the buyer. thus paypal would be on the hook for refunding the money out of their own pocket.

there are reports of people not lifting the withdrawal limit and still being limited with the need to give a social?

nothing against this site or the "guide" but as far as i can tell theres simply no way around the credit check and need for a social security number. i paid that asshole modee $50 to tell me to pretend like i had a brain injury and tell them i couldnt remember stuff and thus i shouldnt have to give my social security number. seriously thats what he told me to do for $50.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksjkas View Post
my understanding is that paypal limitations are all about risk to paypal. if you dont verify the account and thus cant withdraw more than $500 a month there is virtually no risk to them and they would not have a reason to limit the account. the risk comes from the user withdrawing money and keeping it and not delivering whatever they promised the buyer. thus paypal would be on the hook for refunding the money out of their own pocket.
Yes, I agree that the limitations are all about risk. What paypal sees as a reason to limit is often something not understood by the account holder. Accounts have been limited for a low amount of $50

Quote:
there are reports of people not lifting the withdrawal limit and still being limited with the need to give a social?
Agreed. With many of these cases, the reason is given as 'high-risk' accounts and a permanent limitation with the parting of the ways email. The reason could be because of the money coming in or even a couple of chargebacks.

Quote:
nothing against this site or the "guide" but as far as i can tell theres simply no way around the credit check and need for a social security number. i paid that asshole modee $50 to tell me to pretend like i had a brain injury and tell them i couldnt remember stuff and thus i shouldnt have to give my social security number. seriously thats what he told me to do for $50.
Ouch about modee. A merchant account may be a solution.
The credit check might not be avoided as it is implied in paypal's terms & conditions.However, at the moment, a personal account might work OK. This would depend on the amount of money going thro' the account & other factors.
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

the paypal personal account? it cant accept credit cards though right?
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

personal accounts are just for buying online

im not sure who it was but in another thread someone said they listed paymate as their accepted payment so that they didnt have to accept paypal and it worked.. From there on you can just set up cartmanager or send your invoices from your merchant account.. im going to try this also..

it could be a temporary fix to not dealing with limitations...

Last edited by yaw1800; 04-06-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

if you advertise payments with paypal and then tell the buyer to pay with another form of payment i dont think youre going to last very long until someone rats you out
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

they advertise that they accept payments with paymate

this way you dont have to deal with paypal .... = no limitations
Old 04-07-2009

Longevity: 89%

Hi. I'm also looking into experiments with non-verified accounts right now.

My first question is this...What exactly are the receiving and sending (not withdrawing) limits placed on a non-verified paypal account? I'm especially interested in any limitations that would be imposed on payments made using the "send money", and "money request" options. I am not talking at all about auction payments.

I have a 4 month old PP account (with only a prepaid credit card attached to it), that I'm using now to experiment with. I used it to receive one $280 payment today (the first payment it ever received). The payment went through fine and I have yet to be limited. I then sent $260 of that to a friend of mine with a legit fully verified account without any problem. Would I be able to successfully complete a $499 transaction like this? What about $999?

If I am able to receive and then send out $500 or more in this fashion, I will be quite pleased. What do you think the chances are that I will run into problems with either the stealth or legit PP accounts using this method (assuming no disputes arise)? What if there was a dispute?