Bogus Account Just To Shill Bid? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Bogus Account Just To Shill Bid?

Hey everyone, ive been an ebay member since 2006. I just started selling about 2 weeks ago, im selling ipod headphones. Anyway im selling, selling, selling, and bam I get limited and I get the 30 day vero message for my headphones. Okay no problem I just make a new legit account and get it ID verified so I can sell with BIN and sell all my Vero headphones. But i have these items that im having a hard time selling, so I made a bogus account ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, dif city and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number and not linked to any paypal address, i also made a brand new email address, i made this account to specifically shill bid on some of the harder selling items. Not even to run the price up, only to get that first bid started to help drive at least someone to bid on it. I made this account through a proxy websit and never logged in with my real IP. I also cleared my cookies and I use a different browser so that the cookies never get mixed up. My question is, is it possible for ebay to ever find out and suspend all my accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

do me a favor...click the search button on the forum toolbar, type in shill bidding, and read the forums....after reading them and it still seems like a GREAT idea to you...then by all means...try it!

Last edited by ebaykilla; 04-06-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

I actually searched and search about using proxies and also shill bidding and wasnt satisfied with the results. There no need to flame my thread. Like my mother always said when I was younger, if you dont have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut. Well I guess I put my own little twist on that one. Oh well.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

it's frustrating when people hop on the site and ask questions that are answered over, and over and over, and OVER. the number #1 rule here is to read the forums first before starting a new thread...

there's over two years of info on the forum and that answer is 2 years old....

additionally, there is currently an active thread that is addressing similar concerns. we don't need another one.

Last edited by ebaykilla; 04-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Yes, do a little research this has been answered many times.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Anyways to answer your question, no you won't get linked. Shill bidding is not good at all and I highly recommend you do not do it. I believe it is also illegal...
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Well i took the tutorial they have on it and it said something about legal action. If you can't sell anything ethically, you shouldn't be selling anything. Just my opinion.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

shilling is illegal in the usa and we are not here to tell people how to commit crimes.
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Look everyone, I told you guys I have searched and did not get satisfaction. Sorry but in my opinion I think that the energy you exert telling me to go and search could be put to use by just giving me a little incite. I have searched, and a lot of the threads I pull up start with posts just like in this one telling people to search the thread. If this is a forum it should be open to questions and answers, if the subjects and questions that are brought up should be brought up once or a couple of times then it should be a database of Q & A instead of an open forum.
Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

From the info you provided, it looks like a no.. but from what i understand, i thought those proxy sites dont work for ebay, or was it paypal? correct me if im wrong here..

Sooner or later, YES you will get linked, ebay is not as dumb as some may think.. They will catch this bidding trend, && they will link suspend your accounts, and since they got your social They Will come looking for you!!!

ok maybe they wont come looking for you but you get the point!
eBotsSuck (04-06-2009)
Old 04-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks alot for your response. But yeah I only made the account so I could just do it once in a while if I have an item that just wont sell. Or an item that gets watched but doesnt get bids. I dont really plan on doing it frequently or to drive up prices of my auctions either. Not really to eager to make it a trend and mess up all my good standing accounts. Just a little backup to use once in a while.
Old 04-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBotsSuck View Post
I actually searched and search about using proxies and also shill bidding and wasnt satisfied with the results.
Only 169 mentions of shill bidding alone? Maybe you were not satisifed with the results because you did not get the answer you wanted? Here on the forum there is a ebay feedback subforum. There are many answers there. Regardless of what you want to call what you want to do AND how you want to do it, it is NOT recommended to do do what ebay essentially will determine as an effort to create feedback manipulation. Your excuse to 'create' a sale has been proven to fail. The forum has been told this by many users. Ok lose your accounts but do not ask for users to tell you how to do so. Please also try to be less aggressive. You appear to have no understanding how frustrating it is for people to answer what has already been asked.
Shill bidding is irresponsible & creates too much damage. Not a recommended course of action
Shall I repeat that for you?
Old 04-07-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
do me a favor...click the search button on the forum toolbar, type in shill bidding, and read the forums....after reading them and it still seems like a GREAT idea to you...then by all means...try it!

I love it.....Great quote my friend!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TMiles For This Useful Post:
ebaykilla (04-07-2009)
Old 04-07-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Only 169 mentions of shill bidding alone? Maybe you were not satisifed with the results because you did not get the answer you wanted? Here on the forum there is a ebay feedback subforum. There are many answers there. Regardless of what you want to call what you want to do AND how you want to do it, it is NOT recommended to do do what ebay essentially will determine as an effort to create feedback manipulation. Your excuse to 'create' a sale has been proven to fail. The forum has been told this by many users. Ok lose your accounts but do not ask for users to tell you how to do so. Please also try to be less aggressive. You appear to have no understanding how frustrating it is for people to answer what has already been asked.
Shill bidding is irresponsible & creates too much damage. Not a recommended course of action

Right on my beautiful Aussie friend!!!
Old 04-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Hi, I respect your status in this forum very much. I apologize if I came off as being aggressive. I dont believe i asked anybody to help me do or tell me how to do anyhing. I simply provided the specific details and asked if it looked secure enough to not be detected by ebay. And I received obnoxious and sarcastic posts. I was not asking for advice as to weather I should do it or not. My choice was to do it. I know the consequences of being caught also. I dont really appreciate the attacks. I have not done anything to merit these posts. So my answer is no, you dont have to repeat yourself.
Old 04-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Ok, the question has been answered and everyone voiced there opinion...lets move on please. We don't need this getting out of hand anymore.