Basic Ebay Suspension Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-16-2016

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%
Default Basic Ebay Suspension Question

Hey,

Been a while but I'm sadly back. I just had an account get in-defiantly restricted. Failed the appeal, but might try to see if I can gain access to other categories. That will be at a later date though...

My question is, it's about a 24 hour window of accounts linked going down correct? From what I can recall at least but just wanted to double check. Just trying to find that safe window.

I have another account with EIN I'm really not trying to lose. Everything was kept separate. I just have accidentally logged into account B (not restricted) at least 2 times with account A (just restricted) ip. And I've never actually just been restricted, so it's technically not suspended. I mean I can't sell obviously but in my early stealth days when I had indefinite SUSPENSIONS that's when linkage occurred.

Thanks in advance

P.S

That appeal process is no joke. I was on the phone with the appeal pleading my case for an hour. They are very very detail oriented. Lesson learned for next time, but I figured it wouldn't be as extreme as it was.

(Also I just realized I put "suspension" in the title on accident, which is a tad bit misleading....)

Last edited by solefoodbk; 12-16-2016 at 08:38 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Basic Ebay Suspension Question

Hi solefood,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent situation and know how frustrating that can be. In my experience and from what I've gathered on the forums here, generally if accounts will be linked after a restriction, it will be in a timely fashion. However, it appears that IP isn't as big in triggering account linkage as it used to be. I would think you'll be fine if it was only one or two times but I certainly wouldn't make a habit out of it even if everything works out this time.

That being said, I'm sure there are more experienced members on here that can chime in with recent experiences with IP linkage and give a better answer.

I'd be curious to hear about your experience with the appeal process if you wouldn't mind sharing a bit? When on the phone did you just talk to one manager or were you passed around to multiple departments? What exactly did they request from you to listen to the appeal? Sorry to bombard with questions, I've just never heard a first hand account of an appeal on eBay. Generally it's hard enough to even get them to entertain one in the first place.

Thanks and good luck moving forward!
The Following User Says Thank You to TN2016 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (01-24-2017)
Old 12-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I have only had a Link one time. One account was closed by ebay. About 20 hours later 13 more followed all at the exact same time.

Other members talk about loose multiple account like dominoes in a day or two time.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (01-24-2017)
Old 12-19-2016

Longevity: 42%

About 1-2 days is when the linkage account association will occur. If not, then the system is waiting for your other accounts, that shares the same IP address, to start listing items...then BAM. Restriction notice pops up and all your listings will be taken down.

You gotta start fresh. New IP, new info, new EIN if you want, new everything if you want to sell again on eBay. Sorry to hear you got restricted indefinitely. Even if you spent hours on the phone with them, they won't give you the benefit of the doubt. They won't take the risk. I learned this from experience. Now I'm using a stealth account and it's aging well. Just don't do anything crazy that will trigger the restriction again.