What do customers think if Christmas gifts did not delivered before Xmas? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default What do customers think if Christmas gifts did not delivered before Xmas?

Hi, what would customers think if Christmas gifts failed to be delivered before Xmas just because of 1-2 days delay (Deliver on 28th or 29th something like that)

Do you think they would request for a refund or just leave that?

Many thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: What do customers think if Christmas gifts did not delivered before Xmas?

What kind of question is this? How are we supposed to know what your customers will think and do?

Would you be upset if the gift you bought for your daughter or girlfriend for Christmas will be actually delivered 1 or 2 days after?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (12-21-2016), rsot (12-21-2016)
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: What do customers think if Christmas gifts did not delivered before Xmas?

Pffft...if I was the buyer I would be peeved.

For this exact reason, we do not trade especially in the U.K. after 1st week in December.

It becomes emotional for buyers who then vent on you, the seller.

The expectations become so off, no seller could compensate their silliness with Christmas deliveries.
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

December 10th is the cutoff for me.....no selling after the 10th! I don't need people complaining. Also I don't sell internationally, so that helps.
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Agree with that.

I always close up around 14th Dec and don't re-open until 27th.

It used to get extremely tiresome reading messages about how I had single-handedly ruined Christmas for someone's kids, lol.
Old 12-20-2016

Longevity: 70%

That depends if delivery was promised to arrive in time for Christmas.

If I have an issue I explain that I shipped quickly before the mail cut off point and did my part, and that it was the postal system that failed them.

Obviously most of it comes down to customers being disorganised and leaving everything to the last minute. As per usual.
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Agree with that.

I always close up around 14th Dec and don't re-open until 27th.

It used to get extremely tiresome reading messages about how I had single-handedly ruined Christmas for someone's kids, lol.
How does it feel to be the one to ruin Christmas for a child?
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I blame the parents. If they truly loved their kids, they wouldn't have left it until the last minute, lol.
Old 12-20-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
I blame the parents. If they truly loved their kids, they wouldn't have left it until the last minute, lol.
Right, and I usually put a leaflet inside the box I am sending out, with something like this on it:

"C'mon GROW UP, Santa Claus doesn't exists!!!"
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Personally I dont give a $hit if some customers package is delivered after Christmas. This year I am selling the way through February without stopping. So far so good, returns seems to be about 20% higher than normal but still making money.
Old 12-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
those brats get a ton of presents...you should see how many my brats got...and some of them are being used now because they could not wait....
AND all the chocolates on the tree have been eaten and carefully re-wrapped with stuffed paper and they think I do not know.......
yotano211 (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Right, and I usually put a leaflet inside the box I am sending out, with something like this on it:

"C'mon GROW UP, Santa Claus doesn't exists!!!"
I add the Easter Bunny is real so don't worry on our leaflets.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016

Longevity: 51%

I'm more concerned about if eb.ay take strikes into account when posting estimated delivery times and lateness reports!

I've had one customer say she wanted to cancel an order (after it was posted) if it wont be delivered in time for Christmas. I pointed out that when she ordered it the eb.ay global shipping program did inform her it would arrive between the 30th dec and 7th of January. Probably going to get some negative feedback there.

But yeah I hate those sorts of people. Why order online so late? Why raise your kids to be brats if something doesn't arrive on time? Or why have friends that would ditch you if your gift to them is late?

I remember my mum finding a birthday present for me 3 months after my birthday that she'd hid on the wardrobe and forgotten about. But our family is all about food and fun rather than the presents.
Old 12-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Customers ordering gifts, expecting delivery for Xmas and you not delivering OP are VERY likely to be pissed off - not good for future business.

I only deal with sales around this time if ppl are willing to pay enormous costs for Fedex or other equivalent 1-2 day GUARANTEED shipping
Old 12-21-2016

Longevity: 47%

I leave a note stating eb.ay's estimated time delivery is not by us but by the system and that there will be delays during this time of the year. I had one person cry it's 2 days late and want a refund. I told them return it for a refund. Most of these people want to get free things. And you know it's that time of the year even on the news it shows US/Canada has delays at this time of the year. They act like we own USPS and we made it late just for kicks. Stupid buyers. I tell them you should of ordered a lot sooner then last minute. Screw these little crying customers. What you got 1 gift for your kid only???? Not 5? Give me a break and grow up! I told one person to "F OFF!" I didn't care even if I got a negative. When you tell them what they don't like to hear you are "rude" in a negative. They even tell you "I don't have to be nice to you, I am not a seller I can tell you whatever I want" and they sit there calling you names 24/7 while you are nice to them.

And I tell them I also have an option for DHL, FEDEX, UPS, USPS for quicker delivery and none of them pick it. They all want FREE S&H and within 5 days 2 seconds before Santa comes over! GIVE ME A FRICKEN BREAK! You want fries with that?
Old 12-21-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer91 View Post
I leave a note stating eb.ay's estimated time delivery is not by us but by the system and that there will be delays during this time of the year. I had one person cry it's 2 days late and want a refund. I told them return it for a refund. Most of these people want to get free things. And you know it's that time of the year even on the news it shows US/Canada has delays at this time of the year. They act like we own USPS and we made it late just for kicks. Stupid buyers. I tell them you should of ordered a lot sooner then last minute. Screw these little crying customers. What you got 1 gift for your kid only???? Not 5? Give me a break and grow up! I told one person to "F OFF!" I didn't care even if I got a negative. When you tell them what they don't like to hear you are "rude" in a negative. They even tell you "I don't have to be nice to you, I am not a seller I can tell you whatever I want" and they sit there calling you names 24/7 while you are nice to them.

And I tell them I also have an option for DHL, FEDEX, UPS, USPS for quicker delivery and none of them pick it. They all want FREE S&H and within 5 days 2 seconds before Santa comes over! GIVE ME A FRICKEN BREAK! You want fries with that?

Customers can be difficult at times, there's no denying that. However, I'd be very careful what you send to them in messages over eBay's platform. They have the ability to pull up those conversations anytime they want and it paints a poor customers service image if you're lashing out at customers. No matter how ridiculous their demands are.

Just trying to help, not lecture because believe me that is my initial reaction to most of the demands I get from customers as well. It's worth noting though, because I've had to call eBay on certain returns or cases opened and actually have had a couple closed because the CSR or eBay rep read through the correspondence and thought the customer was being rude or over the top. They like to see a professional and courteous response even when it is the last thing you want to say to a demanding customer.
Old 12-21-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2016 View Post
Customers can be difficult at times, there's no denying that. However, I'd be very careful what you send to them in messages over eBay's platform. They have the ability to pull up those conversations anytime they want and it paints a poor customers service image if you're lashing out at customers. No matter how ridiculous their demands are.

Just trying to help, not lecture because believe me that is my initial reaction to most of the demands I get from customers as well. It's worth noting though, because I've had to call eBay on certain returns or cases opened and actually have had a couple closed because the CSR or eBay rep read through the correspondence and thought the customer was being rude or over the top. They like to see a professional and courteous response even when it is the last thing you want to say to a demanding customer.
Oh I know eb.ay does and this hasn't stopped me when they are rude and think they can have their ways with us sellers. Sorry I put my foot down! I got stealths so I'm not worried. Running 10 to 20 accounts. I rather tell you off then have you rip me off and spit in my face and expect me to smile to you and say the customer is always right. Been like this for a few years. I never lost an account.

I've been nice and let customers walk all over me in the past and it did nothing at all. I've had them walk all over me in the past, reps lie, take funds out of my account. I fight back. I tell them straight up. I had called up USPS and that their house has had many people with complaints etc. And they freak out and back out! Cause this isn't the first time they pull this trick. Trust me honey I been there done that, that nice routine only shows how nice and kind you are, only for them to walk all over you.

Now I'm here to make money not lose money.
Old 12-31-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Pffft...if I was the buyer I would be peeved.

For this exact reason, we do not trade especially in the U.K. after 1st week in December.

The expectations become so off, no seller could compensate their silliness with Christmas deliveries.
heres how i see it, you should order faster shipping if you want it before Christmas and not be pissed because you order too late. it sucks tho i feel bad still but its their fault 99% of the time. next year the op should offer two day shipping like i do near Christmas.
Old 12-31-2016

Longevity: 42%

You just have to be honest with your shipping times. If the customer can't handle it, then it is their fault.
If you ship late and it arrives late although, be prepared to hear and feel the wrath of an angry customer. You'll likely be sending them their money back as well.

Just be honest has always been my motto, and has never failed me to this point.
Old 12-31-2016

Longevity: 42%

your post date Dec,20th today DEC,31th ... tell us if you have any troubles with customers ..
Old 12-31-2016

Longevity: 76%

I ordered from BestBuy tells me be there by time of there 2 day delivery and not get it for months as backordered. I order stuff in September or October I want last 2 months of year as learned in pass first year Amazon caused UPS, FedEx, USPS get very slow. Tons of articles so unless was 1st year happened should know better plan like me. I only order from Best Buy if in no hurry as rarely do I watch movies within months of getting it but those few I buy at Amazon as I know ones I want see week 1st out. Shot some packages 6 months or years before even open box. I buy when get email saying at my cheap price point years in advance on some clothes or shoes need so I only open as need them. I save serious money by buying that stuff years in advance.

Real Christmas was half a year ago. I no Pagan so I do not celebrate it as I know truth. I love educating people this time of year as say Merry Christmas. I not been brainwashed and if truly knew religion know truth. I know reason they moved celebration up too.
Old 12-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
those brats get a ton of presents...you should see how many my brats got...and some of them are being used now because they could not wait....
AND all the chocolates on the tree have been eaten and carefully re-wrapped with stuffed paper and they think I do not know.......
They know you know. That is just a distraction so you dont see the real mischief they are up to