Stealth and dealing with competitor - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Stealth and dealing with competitor

Hi everyone,

I have decided to give a stealth account try first time ever and understood the basics even though i will buy the guide and study lesson very well before action however one question cracking my mind.

Before PayPal halted its operations in Turkey, i and one guy were selling one product on eBay as only the two sellers in the world.This product has 50 different variations and diffucult to keep stock of every variation since you have to buy each variation in bulk (50 boxes x 50) to have a competitive edge, that's why none else than him and me used to sell this product.Manufacturer of this product is my old friends, that's why i can offer best prices because i buy even one box for the same price of someone buying a full of container and also besides the standard 50 variations, i was able to collect all the private labelled export leftover produced for other countries with hundred of different variations besides the 50 standard variations for the domestic market.My competitor is in another city and buying from wholesaler but i was buying from the factory directly for the unbeatable prices and with extra variations impossible to find in domestic market.That's how i beated him in 1 year and got all the control of this product on eBay and he got place after me even though he has been selling this for years.This made him pissed off and he tried a few times playing dirty like reporting me to Ebay for funny reasons, or checking my price ten times in a day and play with cents and updates the price plenty of times starting from the evenning till first light of the morning, offered me a deal to sell the product for same price and i rejected all and he was almost knocked out till the PayPal disaster in Turkey suddenly happened. He is still able to keep his shop running through his relative's PayPal living in abroad even though PayPal Turkey shut down.

Now when i make a stealth Bulgarian or Luxemburg eBay & PayPal account as example and list this item, doesn't matter what name i put as seller or what country, he will immediately understand that it is me. In this case can he play dirty and report the account to eBay anyhow ? I worry that he can say to Ebay that my stealth account is run by the same person telling my old eBay account even though he had no idea what the stealth is but just to report in some way that he could do anyway claiming me have more than one accounts. In such a case, what should i do ? Does Ebay suspend my stealth account for this reason ? And more important than that is once my stealth account is suspended for this reason, also is there risk of my real ebay account which has tons of feedback and more important than money can get suspended as well ? What you would suggest me to do in this case ?

I know that i have written it a little bit long but wanted to make sure that you fully understood the situation.Thank you if you have read it so far and i would love to hear from you.

Last edited by orient; 12-20-2016 at 08:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Stealth and dealing with competitor

Make smaller paragraphs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
5agan (12-21-2016), orient (12-21-2016)
Old 12-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

eBay would not just suspend your account based on what other guy says unless there is PROOF. And make more than one account - use different pictures, listing, etc - make them seem different.

And listen to MM78
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
orient (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

your problem is the goods are unique.....

why are your old friends the supplier, supplying to this guy?! Looks like this guy is also an old friend ! cant you cut a deal to be exclusive for a higher price maybe?.....

you cannot fight this, as there is enough proof whatever you do when ebay looks at the goods, and they are the same......and then if they look at your acc, it is newer, looks stealth due to vcc and other tell-tale signs.....
orient (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
your problem is the goods are unique.....

why are your old friends the supplier, supplying to this guy?! Looks like this guy is also an old friend ! cant you cut a deal to be exclusive for a higher price maybe?.....

you cannot fight this, as there is enough proof whatever you do when ebay looks at the goods, and they are the same......and then if they look at your acc, it is newer, looks stealth due to vcc and other tell-tale signs.....
Manufacturer not selling directly to this guy, they selling to 5 wholesalers in the city this guy living in and he buys from wholesalers so it was impossible for him to beat my prices since the factory owners i know for long time and i was directly buying from factory.

Then do you think when stealth account is busted anyhow after this guy report, also my real inactive account which i was selling this product would be suspended too even if i use different pics, description etc ?
Old 12-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

so, sometimes we get paranoid, we think that paypal/ebay know what we know about our accounts and how they are in a web and connected, but really they dont, there are thousands of accounts and they dont have the time to look that deep..... BUT sometimes a review will catch it, but usually it has to be cookies and really obvious links eg. paypal to paypal payments or same names on different accounts ...your problem is that there is a real competitor who is pointing out and guiding ebay/paypal, otherwise they probably would not catch your stealths......

competitor watching like this is worst problem...

what you need to do is change the pattern. If you cannot change the goods then you need a very aged account with a selling history or an existing seller to sell your stuff for you......that way, if the watcher reports you, ebay/paypal will look at account and think it cannot be you because the pattern is all wrong........or alternatively maybe you can you get hold of a real bank account for usa or europe? because then you can add to a non-withdraw to card country, and the pattern will look different....

the inactive acc you mention, and same goods....all depends if the watcher reports it and what ebay/paypal decides....maybe you should save that account for other goods that are not being watched.........the watcher might leave you alone, if it is not competitiion

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-22-2016 at 06:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
orient (12-23-2016)