Using a mobile hotspot? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-31-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Using a mobile hotspot?

I have access to 2 different mobile hotspots - my iPhone and a separate mobile hotspot device. Both of them are under Verizon and both are on the same plan. Anyways, could I use these to access my new eBay account without any problems? I have used my iPhone's hotspot previously on my now restricted account but the mobile device has never been used for eBay. Is there no chance that the mobile hotspot can generate the same IP address as on previously given to my laptop by my iPhone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2017

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Using a mobile hotspot?

There is a chance you run into the same IP as you're using the same network. But chances are pretty small. If you want to stay safe, get a different ISP provider
Old 01-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Being under the same Service Provider doesn't mean completely different IP's....your still sharing the same IP Pool. Would suggest you log your IP's if your going to use the same Provider.
Old 01-07-2017
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Definitely keep track of your IPs, some carriers or service providers will recycle IPs at a much higher rate than others. Don't want to link yourself.
Old 01-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Best to play safe and track IP
Old 01-07-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 48%

You can do as you please when it comes to IP's
Just make sure you track them.
Old 01-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
There is a chance you run into the same IP as you're using the same network. But chances are pretty small. If you want to stay safe, get a different ISP provider
hi i have a similar situation, can you advice me please:

I had 1 account before which i access with a cell mobile hotspots under tmobile.
i deleted that account after while because i wanted to start from scratch and create new stealth accounts. (ACCOUNT WAS NEVER BANNED OR FLAGGED)

I never logged the ips thinking that a cell phone hotspot will give me the same ip every time.

when i created my new account i did it using a new cell phone hotspot (different than first account), still didn't realizing ips change all the time in cell phones.

after a couple of months i realize they do change so i started to track them and write them down every time i logged in.

the problem is that i never logged those ips from my old account and i also didn't for the first couple of months of my new account and I'm using same isp provider tmobile just different phone.

could I keep using this new tmobile phone hotspot to access my new eBay account without any problems? or

Is there a chance that the cell mobile hotspot can generate the same IP address i used before in my old account?? i would know if it will be a repeat since i didn't write them down.
please advice whats the best thing i can do, i was thinking about switching isp to start fresh and keep track overtime or if it didn't matter with my old account since i didn't get banned nor flared i deleted my self???
Old 01-15-2017

hi guys,
what about if i deleted and old account which i never logged the ips, and when i created my new account i used same isp just different phone hot spot?
I'm assuming one day i will come across same ip since I'm using the same isp, will this be a problem or a will be ok since i never got banned or restricted?

what do you guys recommend ? please advice,
i was thinking changing isp to not take a chance of a repeated ip but i also tought that i never got banned nor deleted and it might be ok to keep using same isp since many other people use same isp to access eBay also.

all this makes me think that when we log ips what happens if another eBay user uses one of the hundreds of ips on same isp we used in our account?? you will both get banned? or only matter if ip was used with a banned or flagged account ??

Last edited by cadillac10; 01-16-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2017

There is an excel template that easily shows if youre using an old IP. Download it from this forum.

Also: Dont worry too much right now about linking IPs UNLESS your accounts share similarities. Same name, address, anything. IPs get reused every day. Your neighor selling on Ebay could get your old IP. Ebay is aware of this and sees millions of the same IPs from different users all week. BUT, if they have 2 or more things matching, It will get flagged. May result in manual inspection.

Honestly, I stopped logging my IPs because Im only using about 3 accounts and none of them are similar in anyway except maybe the same state. Everything else is isolated. Oh, I have been using the same mobile hotspot for the last 3 years. No issues.