Amazon and Microsoft Products Rant - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-12-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Amazon and Microsoft Products Rant

Recently, about 2 months ago I noticed that Amazon would not sellers sell Microsoft Products. Then all of a sudden one day they were all open to sell. I just had a great month buying from a source and selling on amazon for nice profits and very nice volume. Then all of a sudden I list a product tonight, pick my daughter up from gymnastics and 15 minutes later I check and all of my Microsoft listings are inactive.

I call up Amazon and they say the directive came from Microsoft and probably because Microsoft Retailers were getting hurt by the Amazon sellers, so they asked amazon to lock these listings for a month or two or three or whatever in order for their retailers to get their money. Fortunately my account is fine, not my fault that MS decides on a whim to destroy Amazon sellers.

This steams me for so many reasons, 1. I have been using this income to help fund my kids education, retirement, and supplemental income for things like buying a fence, etc.. 2. now i have to change all my 2016 financial plans because of this bs like less money for 401K, 529 ,etc 3. most disgusting of all is that Microsoft and Amazon can literally do whatever they want to the little guy and we have virtually no recourse (other than creating stealth accounts, but even in this case it would not help).

I understand the free market and that companies can act as they choose, but really this is not a free market. Amazon is a giant that virtually owns the online world with almost no market competition. They are so damn rich that they are no dabbling in drones, and buying newspapers and using it to get HRC elected.

Amazon is propped up by progressive policies because they support progressive causes. These progressives make it next to impossible for anyone to compete with them, creating a monster that can run roughshod over seller and buyers....

And Microsoft, I can understand if they want to limit 2013 and 2016 products, but I am selling 2007 which is 9 years old!! Ok, Microsoft stills supports it, but guess what, they don't stop you from selling it on ebay because prices there are low. In addition, they also won't let us sell 2003, 2002 and 1998 products. WTF, l hope this new government takes on these entrenched interest, i want a free market, not being a slave to massive corporations.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Amazon and Microsoft Products Rant

Why risk limiting yourself to one niche, then?

Old 01-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Software is very easy to buy and sell and doesn't take a lot of time, easy to ship, low overhead, etc.

I used to sell books, but that market is pretty much dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to brew7676 For This Useful Post:
e2free (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew7676 View Post
Software is very easy to buy and sell and doesn't take a lot of time, easy to ship, low overhead, etc.

I used to sell books, but that market is pretty much dead.
1: You are lucky they opened it back up at all! Once something is restricted it doesnt normally open back up.

2: What do you mean the market for books is dead? Before I was selling books I was buying stuff off 888 lots, and that was...okay I guess. I would get alot of emails from other sellers because often I would end up with their PL products and have to sell on their listings. Dude then I started selling books around oct 29th and havent even looked back. Books are fantastic, I get almost 100% roi off everything that I sell...and thats the low end.
Old 01-13-2017

Longevity: 53%

99% of all MS products sold online are cakes, and they work hard to bring down as many listings as possible, as probability of bringing down a genuine listing is very low, and anyway they are the kings to decide what is genuine and what is not. If you still insist on selling it - a good time to go stealth.
Old 01-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiMishima View Post
1: You are lucky they opened it back up at all! Once something is restricted it doesnt normally open back up.

2: What do you mean the market for books is dead? Before I was selling books I was buying stuff off 888 lots, and that was...okay I guess. I would get alot of emails from other sellers because often I would end up with their PL products and have to sell on their listings. Dude then I started selling books around oct 29th and havent even looked back. Books are fantastic, I get almost 100% roi off everything that I sell...and thats the low end.
Thanks, any advice on how to start? Biggest problem is that I can't find books that have value, not sure where to go. Libraries don't have to much these days and I am sure that people are grabbing the good paying books before I get there. Book sales are a big cluster fudge.
Old 01-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
99% of all MS products sold online are cakes, and they work hard to bring down as many listings as possible, as probability of bringing down a genuine listing is very low, and anyway they are the kings to decide what is genuine and what is not. If you still insist on selling it - a good time to go stealth.
Hi, the products I sell are mostly 2007 and not counterfeits. If you are selling 2013 and 2016 then most are... Problem is not going stealth, Amazon has shut down all the Microsoft Office and OS listings for everyone so their retailers can make profit. I just have to wait for them to open again. This does happen, but don't know how long i have to wait.
Old 01-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiMishima View Post

Hey, how do you find these books, book sales? I have been selling books low end for years. I enjoy it but its hard to find stuff that is valuable outside of text books
Old 01-15-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew7676 View Post
Hey, how do you find these books, book sales? I have been selling books low end for years. I enjoy it but its hard to find stuff that is valuable outside of text books
Book sales, thrift stores. I never have to pay over 2$ for a book
The Following User Says Thank You to KenjiMishima For This Useful Post:
brew7676 (01-16-2017)
Old 01-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Too true, regardless of year...
Old 01-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Too true, regardless of year...
Hey I am not sure I agree with you on that. While most 2013 and 2016 offices are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The 2007 offices are not ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I just ordered dozens of them and then went online to check and the keys were all legit. I am speaking with Amazon and they are telling me they will reactivate their listing most likely in a week or two, crossing my finger.