PP wants confirmation of 'my' details - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default PP wants confirmation of 'my' details

I have a PP account with a made up name. I received a payment of $2780 and got my account limited..

I really need this $2780 back!!

PP says it's not a matter with them, it's to do with the new Australian Anti-Money Laundering Laws, and it's a Federal issue... They want:
-a photo ID
-proof of address

For proof of address they want a utility bill, bank statement or something..
For photo ID they want a passport or ID from a government agency (or school or college or university.) But I'm told there's no use making one for the phoney account because the feds/PayPal call the school/college/uni and check everything against PP's records..

Will I get my money back after the 180 days if I don't confirm all of this stuff? I doubt the government will just feel sorry for me and give my money back without further investigation..

-Al
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you can add bank account and withdraw in 180 days.

As for getting id, thats not something talked about on open forum but of course its possible, and plenty of people do it, it may be worth the risk, data protection at institutions is strict in UK (data protection), I would assume the same in Aus, they would be remiss to give any out, paypal are not entitled to it they are not a bank or government institution after all, but of course there is a chance someone will say you are not listed there.

You will still get your money after 180 days if paypal dont believe you, so its up to you.
envylicious (04-19-2009)
Old 04-19-2009

Longevity: 89%

Yes that is the same thing as what just happened to me only for a $950.00 amount for one sale on eBay!! what the hell??!!! I don't even know what amount is considered 'safe' anymore on Australian Paypal accounts, as my Paypal account is already 3 months old and have been doing a steady small amount of sales (less than $200.00 sales per transaction) until now & have even left around $100.00 average sitting in the account from time to time without withdrawing it, then now because of this 1 recent sale, I've been hit with that same partial limitation where I need to provide the same ID verification within 45 days or if not it'll result in a full limitation on my Paypal.

So my question is, if any other members have experience this similar issue and if it is good to risky providing a "⊗⊗⊗⊗" photo ID & utility bill to have the partial limitation lifted on my Paypal account as I really want to get the $$$ out of there and keep using my Paypal. I hope due to privacy laws, they won't be able to cross reference check it with the govt database etc... and I seriously doubt there will be a 2nd option as once the account goes into full limitation does that mean I will still get access to the $$$ after 180 days? or won't that means they just simply shut down your Paypal account?
Any advice would be appreciated guys thanks heaps!
Old 04-20-2009

You will have a choice of paypal depositing that money into your bank account on the record or have them mail you the check to address on the record.
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

hi
yes as Lyda says, or if there is no bank attached you can add one. Iin future do not leave much money in pp, withdraw often, leaving a little left in there..
Old 04-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
hi
yes as Lyda says, or if there is no bank attached you can add one. Iin future do not leave much money in pp, withdraw often, leaving a little left in there..
That sounds like a good plan but it cannot be done with a new PayPal account when there are 21 day holds on many of your payments. PayPal has on hold on almost $5000 CAD of my money ... I passed most of the checkmarks to get my account de-limited except for the "provide tracking numbers" even though I have a tracking # attached to each payment, but many of my shipments are not delivered yet and they won't be for a week or so because many of them are overseas shipments. PayPal says to contact us after they've all been delivered....... not happy.
Old 04-23-2009

"Pleasures of doing business with PayPal!"....you will get your money released when buyers leave you positive feedback or 3 days after tracking number says item was delivered. And I do hope you have trac numbers-mailing internationally?
Old 04-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
"Pleasures of doing business with PayPal!"....you will get your money released when buyers leave you positive feedback or 3 days after tracking number says item was delivered. And I do hope you have trac numbers-mailing internationally?
Yup I always pay extra for tracking service regardless of where it is going to even though it costs quite a bit for fear of PayPal raining **** on me. Problem is that I sent out by regular registered mail post so it could take up to 2 weeks for delivery. I'm not worried that they'll keep the limit on or I'll have to wait for that dreaded 180 day thing, it's just a large sum of money they have of mine, probably collecting interest that I can't get a hold of, and I'm not scamming any of my buyers so I know they'll get what they ordered eventually. The Pleasures of PayPal indeed!
Old 04-23-2009

If you have valid SS# on this PP open Money Market and have funds automatically swept into your money market account.. This way the interest is yours, not PayPal's.
Old 04-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
If you have valid SS# on this PP open Money Market and have funds automatically swept into your money market account.. This way the interest is yours, not PayPal's.
Money Market? I'm not familiar with this. Please elaborate.
Also, I am in Canada so the SS# does not apply to me which is good cuz I can send PP any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info I want to
Old 04-24-2009

The link saying Money market should be down in that box with your Money Balance info on front page after you first sign into your account. If you don't have it, do search within Paypal about money market and it will give you all info you need. I opened it because I hoped they would be less inclined to do 21 day hold if they don't make interest on my money, but I was wrong..They still do 21 day holds on me, regardless.