Sharing my suspension experiences - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Sharing my suspension experiences

Hello.
I have had an account for over a decade but have only been trading to any volume for about six months.
I buy most of my stock from charity shops and car boot sales.
The items are used and I generally sell at relatively modest value (about £20-£30).
Within my first few weeks of listing I was zinged on a Hoodie.
It didn't seem that important to me. Just a straightforward item removed.
About a month later I got a second VERO and I was shocked to get a one week suspension.
I could still re-list items and I think even list new, but I was careful about new listings.
When I called eBay I remained struck out for about a week.
I was more diligent after that, though there is no way to be 100% sure on authenticity on clothing.
Around Christmas time I pressed sell similar on a gift item, this time I got a different VERO as my item was genuine but not made by the company. No consequences. Apparently there is no way to combat trademark complaints which are not claiming the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
A couple of weeks ago, I got my fourth VERO, this time from a FMCG company complaining that a used item of clothing (which had a different companies label in it) was unauthorised.
This time out I got a one month suspension.
But I came out of the blocks on this one with a charm offensive to the FMCG company and they agreed to write to eBay.
After about a week of hearing nothing from eBay, I send them a direct message on social media, and it turns out they claimed the ban had been lifted the day before.
I could re-list.
However, I now have restrictions on my account and no explanation as to exactly how they work.
There is some kind of invisible list.
I have so far identified four brands which I cannot list (in any category) and it seems to be much more restrictive against hoodies.
I have found that if I remove the brand name I can still list, or I can mis-spell the brand name I can list.
Funnily enough none of the brands are anything to do with what I have been VERO flagged for.
This restriction seems to be for 30 days (blocking any listings of said brands) and after that some kind of probation period for a further 60.
I have found three things about eBay.
If you call the agents are overly polite and sentimental and will almost grieve with you about your loss, but they have no decision making powers whatsoever. You will get a load of guff about how eBay cares and wants to keep you safe. No real words.
If you get through to the policy teams, they are all about the paperwork, but they do not reply. This is just a way to get you off the phone.
Whilst the social media teams are generally arrogant. But if you are persistent one agent goes off and sometimes a slightly better one comes on.
If you complain too much, they make take a second look at the decision and simply declare the case permanently closed.
The better thing to do seems to be to write a formal appeal with all your evidence and then badger on social media to get them to look at it.
From my phone conversations with eBay it appears they will share absolutely no paperwork with you nor write a letter.
It also seems that there is no automatic removal of VERO zings and judging by the punishment it seems likely they go from one week to one month very quickly. I am guessing a fifth or sixth VERO and my account is a goner.
There seems no way for the slate to be wiped clean, basically with four VEROs, I will surely lose my original account.
I am trying to stay under the radar that is for sure.
There seems to be a lot of great advice how to set up a new eBay account or buy one.
The issue I seem to have is how to get a PayPal verified UK bank account where I can safely deposit upto £1000 a week.
The tips all seem to be to getting disposable and untraceable bank cards but this does not seem a lasting solution when I could maybe get upto £1900 in a good month.
I am sure I will need to give it a try.
Apologies for a long first post, but I felt it was worth sharing.
John
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!