SubWay Restaurant workers buys $1,500 pants from me… knew this was a scam - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default SubWay Restaurant workers buys $1,500 pants from me… knew this was a scam

Legit item, been on Ebay several years selling high end items no problems on stealth

(1) buyer’s address is a subway restaurant, buyer claims “seller send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ pant. too small. seller send size 30”.
(2) So I ask for photos and surprisingly the guy sends me photos of my pants including the tag where size 52 is marked.
(3) So I give him a link to stores around him where he can go to authenticate and tell him the tag says 52, and he responds “ok but you don’t tell me if this is women or men pant”
(4) So I told him it’s listed under men’s clothing and show him the style code off the tag on another website where it’s for sale stating it’s men
(5) And he tells me he doesn’t want to hear my life story and he’s sending it back and gives me a tracking number, but never sent it back.

Had eBay close it out in my favor and now he’s opened a PayPal case stating “seller send me complete different pant.”

Should be a easy win I thought, PayPal will conference eBay, and confirm (a) case was opened for a different reason and buyer is changing his story and (b) he’s provided photos in the eBay case of the same item in my listing. But PayPal isn’t willingly to do the conference call which worries me. Maybe it’s just the weekend backup shifters.

Just don’t want it to go down the route of “send us a photo of your item”, and the guy drags some old blue jeans out his closet. Or PayPal askes him for a police report, when a police report doesn’t prove anything, it’s just like a notarized statement, maybe ebay/paypal thinks no one has ever lied to the police?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: SubWay Restaurant workers buys $1,500 pants from me… knew this was a scam

From what you've described it sounds like your best bet would be calling Paypal and politely understanding the situation. While I'm sure they do sometimes I've never heard of Paypal calling up eBay to discuss a case like this. They usually independently evaluate the case and make their own decision.

I've read through your post a few times now and the only question I'm seeing says "maybe ebay/paypal thinks no one has ever lied to the police?" In response to your question, I highly doubt eBay/Paypal are so naive.
Old 02-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: SubWay Restaurant workers buys $1,500 pants from me… knew this was a scam

Subway address?
sax4 (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Eb closed it in your favour - that helps
Old 02-05-2017

Longevity: 53%

Unless tracking shows that the item is delivered, he can not win the case.
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

The buyer changed his story around yet again, this time for the better. He did a chargeback with his card company for "unauthorized transaction", so it closed out the PayPal claim and since it's seller protection eligible, the signature confirmation covered me and paypal released the funds.

Hopefully he doesn't change his story around with his card company into a different size/color as they probably can't see the eBay dispute, but I don't think the card company is going to play that game of reporting unauthorized then a week later allow him to say it different item.

He did send the item back and there is a notice left but I'll just refuse it. I think the card companies automatically give a refund if it's sent back regardless of the case.

But I wonder if i can out scam the scammer and pickup the item. Since it's unauthorized transaction card case, card company wouldn't find it his favor and he'd lose. And if they did, paypal seller protection would cover me. But I am not sure if paypal would just say card company gave him his money back since he returned, and just charge me....probably best not to risk it
Old 02-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Card chargebacks are pretty rough to fight off
Old 02-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanielsbtch View Post
The buyer changed his story around yet again, this time for the better. He did a chargeback with his card company for "unauthorized transaction", so it closed out the PayPal claim and since it's seller protection eligible, the signature confirmation covered me and paypal released the funds.

Hopefully he doesn't change his story around with his card company into a different size/color as they probably can't see the eBay dispute, but I don't think the card company is going to play that game of reporting unauthorized then a week later allow him to say it different item.

He did send the item back and there is a notice left but I'll just refuse it. I think the card companies automatically give a refund if it's sent back regardless of the case.

But I wonder if i can out scam the scammer and pickup the item. Since it's unauthorized transaction card case, card company wouldn't find it his favor and he'd lose. And if they did, paypal seller protection would cover me. But I am not sure if paypal would just say card company gave him his money back since he returned, and just charge me....probably best not to risk it
So you are just going to refuse delivery of it, hahahaa, dont be so dumb and go pick it up. When it pick it up, open it in front of a delivery employee to see if its the correct pants.

If its not, file a police report, send to paypal and they'll send that info to the credit card company. If the guy gets his/her money back, paypal will most likely refund your money back but you need a police report. Paypal might eat up a lose and refund the buyer and you.