How can I set up a new ebay account for buying items. Address suspended!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default How can I set up a new ebay account for buying items. Address suspended!!!

I have searched through this forum to try and find out how I can set up an ebay account to use for buying off ebay. I can get over all the other hurdles but the delivery address needs to be my home address. This address has been linked to a suspended account already.

Help please....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Ask to use a friend's or relative's address (one who doesn't use eBay/PP).

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-05-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Is that the only way?

The other thing is that I have a paypal account which has been open and running through 3 seperate suspended ebay accounts. Can anyone explain this?
Old 09-05-2008

When making a purchase, just ask the seller for their paypal address, and pay them directly without using Ebay's checkout system...
Old 09-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks, That is a good idea.

What about posting to my address. Is there any way around them posting to my address even though it is linked to a suspended account?
Old 09-05-2008

Well, if your paypal account is not suspended, then there should be no issue...

When you pay for the item, don't use the ebay function, because it will ask for an item number. (instead use the "goods" or "service" feature) and don't list the item number..

Just a random example:

Lets say you buy Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope" book off ebay and want to pay for it..

Just do the following: Email the seller and tell him that for whatever reason you're having trouble using Ebay's checkout and you would like to pay for the book via paypal.. Ask for his paypal address..

He sends you his paypal address which is: dgd*****@yahoo.com..

*You log into paypal
*Hit the send money feature
*Apply the correct address to send to
*Don't use the ebay feature cause it will ask for the corresponding item number, instead use "service" or "goods"
*In the title don't reference an item number or ebay, and just put something generic like "book payment" or "B.O payment"
*Just to make sure he understands that you paid, I would email him off ebay using your regular email account to inform him you paid for the item, and let him know what you used like "book payment or B.O payment"-- just make sure you use your regular email address and not ebay's message center..

Just cause your ebay account was suspended, it doesn't mean your paypal account is suspended... You just can't use that paypal account for ebay anymore because it will link you... However, you can still send and accept payments from your paypal account just as long as it's not corresponding with Ebay... And like I posted above, you can indirectly use it for buying with Ebay by circumventing how you use it... Paypal or Ebay doesn't know what that payment is for if you don't use their feature...

This way, you can still use it to have items sent to your address, as I'm assuming the paypal account you've been using is attached to your real address ??
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 93%

ive been suspended on a seller account ive now opened another account with the same address just for buying and ebay dont seem to bother i think they would suspend it straight away if i tried selling but as long as u keep it for buying they wont suspend it, ive also been suspended in my mums address and my brothers account in the same address is still going.
Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixx831 View Post
When making a purchase, just ask the seller for their paypal address, and pay them directly without using Ebay's checkout system...
Actually i have tried that, but still get suspended. could be because my IP is still the same though.
Old 09-11-2008

trixx, it doesn't work like that, that counts as offsite selling and is an account suspension waiting to happen, also any experienced ebay seller will turn you down as it simply isn't worth his/her while to risk their account for the sake of a sale.

Good advice from dollybaby, this actually works, just make sure you log into your buyer account from a different ip than you do for your seller account.
Old 10-21-2008

use false address on registration but instruct seller who you have purchased from to send the goods to a different address via the invoice instructions or contact ebay member option, easy, done it often
Old 02-15-2017

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: How can I set up a new ebay account for buying items. Address suspended!!!

Guys, I have just got my Buying account suspended. Would I be able to open more Buying accounts using the same address? If not, how can I probably get around this please?
Old 02-15-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: How can I set up a new ebay account for buying items. Address suspended!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPatrick View Post
Guys, I have just got my Buying account suspended. Would I be able to open more Buying accounts using the same address? If not, how can I probably get around this please?
DanielPatrick, you should open your own thread for the question you have. I saw your same exact post elsewere.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@DanielPatrick avoid double posting pls
Old 02-15-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

LOL, I just realized he revamped a "zombie" thread from 2008 a.c.

Old 02-19-2017

Longevity: 48%

What I have been using is using room numbers for the first line of address as "Room 1, 234 London Road"
"Room 2, 234 London Road" etc.
Has been working pretty well for me so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to aalexander For This Useful Post:
RetroRedneck (10-10-2020)