Not 18 Yet And Looking For Some Guidance. Can I beat the system with an EIN number? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-15-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 41%
Default Not 18 Yet And Looking For Some Guidance. Can I beat the system with an EIN number?

Okay, so I'm not 18 yet and my account got limited with a little over $1,400 in it and I made that much in like two weeks. That's a lot to me. I figured I should just get a normal minimum and make around $200ish a week. It sounds terrible to me so I decided to do some research and I came across this website and the forums. I read that I could make stealth accounts if I use an EIN number? Is there any simple way someone underage can get one of those?

Thanks

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-15-2017 at 05:42 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Not 18 Yet And Looking For Some Guidance. Can I beat the system with an EIN numbe

They're really easy to get online, but I believe you've got to be 18.

Whatever you do, DON'T go out and get a job unless you're broke and it becomes absolutely necessary. Too much money to be made sitting at your computer at home.

Will you be 18 soonish? What you could do is purchase/create a few stealth accounts now, slowly start selling on them to build feedback, and then worry about adding a Tax ID once you turn 18. You can sell up to 200 items on an account before you have to provide a Tax ID. Plus it's generally advised you wait until you determine if an account is going to be "worth" adding a tax ID, since you don't want to end up with 20 accounts all with EIN's attached.

Honestly I can't remember for certain if you have to be 18 to use the EIN application. I would think so, but you might want to give it a shot. If the IRS will let you apply then it only takes about 5 minutes to get an EIN.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
sax4 (02-18-2017)
Old 02-15-2017
jaybsneaks

Longevity: 0%
Smile Re: Not 18 Yet And Looking For Some Guidance. Can I beat the system with an EIN numbe

I'm 18 and I can tell you that they don't even ask about your age. When applying for an EIN just make sure you can verify all of your information.
Old 02-15-2017

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Not 18 Yet And Looking For Some Guidance. Can I beat the system with an EIN numbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

Whatever you do, DON'T go out and get a job unless you're broke and it becomes absolutely necessary. Too much money to be made sitting at your computer at home.

Will you be 18 soonish? What you could do is purchase/create a few stealth accounts now, slowly start selling on them to build feedback, and then worry about adding a Tax ID once you turn 18. You can sell up to 200 items on an account before you have to provide a Tax ID. Plus it's generally advised you wait until you determine if an account is going to be "worth" adding a tax ID, since you don't want to end up with 20 accounts all with EIN's attached.

Honestly I can't remember for certain if you have to be 18 to use the EIN application. I would think so, but you might want to give it a shot. If the IRS will let you apply then it only takes about 5 minutes to get an EIN.
Out of curiosity, how much money you make from your computer? What type of items do you sell on eBay that make you generate enough money at the end of the month? Do you use a drop-shipper or something?
Old 02-15-2017

Longevity: 58%

Quote:

if he has a ssn all he has to do is apply online. i did at 16. or use his ssn
Old 02-15-2017

Longevity: 72%

You don't have to be 18.

Just apply online. They'll give it to you when you finish the form.

But phazOrz advice is very good, best bet is to do what he says instead.

Keep an eye on the limited account, I believe they eventually will release the funds, in something like 180 days.

Somebody will be along shortly to confirm or deny that I'm sure.
Old 02-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I'll be 18 next month and I literally have ZILCH all my money is frozen, I can't buy any stealth accounts. I'm thinking I'm just going to wait until I'm 18 so I can add a real bank account to withdraw my money. But I'm going to sign up for a business account, that way they don't ask for SSN at all. But how fast do I need an EIN? Will they request it as soon as I sign up for PayPal or just once I reach the 200 item a year limit thing?
Old 02-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyn12x View Post
if he has a ssn all he has to do is apply online. i did at 16. or use his ssn
If I use my SSN right now to sign up on PayPal won't they freeze my account until my 18th birthday?
Old 02-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
You don't have to be 18.

Just apply online. They'll give it to you when you finish the form.

But phazOrz advice is very good, best bet is to do what he says instead.

Keep an eye on the limited account, I believe they eventually will release the funds, in something like 180 days.

Somebody will be along shortly to confirm or deny that I'm sure.
My first account that got limited was a friend that was older than 18 and the money was released in 45 days. I was so happy. And then I moved onto another family or friend that didn't even have a PayPal or use eBay and they got linked and is now limited as well. What do you think my chances of getting the money released in 45 days again is?