Wholesale selling - Some questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Wholesale selling - Some questions

So I have some products that I plan on wholesaling and selling them on ebay,

There is a lot of competition on them on ebay, I have researched the amount they sell for by many sellers.

Some of the items I cannot understand how they make a profit, if any at all on some of them, I have been looking at screws and fixings, for example:

These are multi variation listings, so it may be to just boost the rank in search result? Anyway, example:

M2 Nut - Quantity 10 - £0.99

They are sending 1st class with Royal Mail,

so that will cost £0.64 to post.
£0.09 ebay fee
£0.22 paypal fee
Cost of jiffy bag
Cost of the actual item to buy

There are many sellers that do this, not only on nuts and bolts. So is it only to boost search rankings?

I have got a few products in mind for wholesaling, and found suppliers that will stock them. But seeing these sort of margins is putting me off a bit.

Would be great if anyone is selling wholesale products on ebay, and hear your feedback on how well your doing with it.

Thank you for any feedback.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2017

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Wholesale selling - Some questions

They are probably buying a HUGE quantity or are a manufacture or they are trying to boost feedback. In my experience the lower the cost the more competition and lower margins as anyone can go and buy a few hundred or thousand M2 Nut for less the a $1 a piece. You just need to search around and find a good niche. Also for the multi variable listings many seller put a $.99 item so they can be at the top of the search when you search buy lowest first.
Good luck hope i helped.
Old 02-17-2017

Longevity: 72%

I once purchased the entire inventory of a big box hardware store for 6K.

I had over 100K packages of various pre-bagged hardware, including nuts, bolts, screws, etc. I had hundreds and hundreds of cases of stuff, completely unopened and untouched, like a tractor trailer full, as well as huge wire bins full of stuff they just yanked off the shelves and threw together at random.

I made my money back in a month. I sold them for slightly under retail, and made 10-20 times my investment back in the long run, but it took a couple of years, still it was worthwhile.

Some of my people thought I was absolutely insane. I might be, but not for that reason, lol!

People wondered the same thing as you, I'm sure, and I laughed and laughed as they flew off my shelves.
Old 02-21-2017

Longevity: 46%

i believe they have a royal mail business account and use 1st class large posts for items which are actually small parcels.
Old 02-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sma123 View Post
i believe they have a royal mail business account and use 1st class large posts for items which are actually small parcels.
Can you actually get away with that?