Buyer use paypal dispute to take advantage - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Buyer use paypal dispute to take advantage

Hi all, I'm referral by a member to this forum for help, hope someone here willing to share experience.

I recently sold a handbag on ebay, the buyer changed her mind after she won my item because I don't have a receipt, I cancelled the order for her. Within the same day, she changed her mind and wants to keep the item for a lower price if I can't proof the authenticity. We completed the deal off ebay upon mutual agreement. Just one day after I shipped the item, she changed her mind again, she wants a better price because she think the item is not authentic or she will fill a claim on paypal. I told her I'm upset of what she's doing and had enough to been toying around, she said I'm threaten on her, and then filed a dispute on paypal, with a message stating she has pictures to proof my item is not authentic because she got a new one from Sask faith, and report my threaten email to paypal and authority.

I attached our ebay messages, email conversations, and the terms stated in paypal invoice here. I'm not sure is it safe to provide these evidences to paypal? Anyone here able to give some advice on how to fight with this would be appreciated!

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Buyer use paypal dispute to take advantage

Your not going to win any claim on PayPal

Get the item returned, refund he buyer, make sure next time if you sell something you are 100% sure its real or you will run into this same issue time and time again
Old 02-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Wow. You should never have even listed this item. My first thought was that the buyer is playing you like a fiddle, and plans to scam you on the return. After reading all the emails though I'm not so sure. I'm almost convinced this was just a stupid buyer.

If you give this evidence to Paypal, your account will almost certainly be closed. Repeatedly telling the customer the item may be phake is very bad in Paypal's eyes.

You need to have the purse returned ASAP and send that refund.
Old 02-17-2017

Longevity: 44%

BY providing those messages to paypal your actually submitting evidence against yourself.,best case scenario is you get the bag back and just have to refund,worse case is she is a scam artist and you get a pile of bricks returned.
Old 02-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Just get the item back before this continues and get's worse......you sold an item that you can't prove the authenticity, the buyer knows it and is now muscling you into giving them a partial refund because they now know you can't prove authenticity.

Seems like this whole thing got too out of control and should of been dealt with a return and refund.
Old 02-17-2017

Return and refund. Then block the buyer id from purchasing anything from your store. I have had buyers who receive items like used gaming towers, use it for 3 weeks then open claim on ebay/paypal stating item is defective and would like to keep it if i do partial refund. I simply request return and refund the money once i get it back. Sometimes, things like ram would be missing and such.

You are going to go through hell trying to argue with her and PayPal. Cut your losses short (in this case, your time) and relist it later once everything is resolved. I would flag her address and watch out for any other buyer from that address or the state lol. Cop Watch
The Following User Says Thank You to Awaken For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-19-2017)
Old 02-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for the advice. It was a gift from my family member, if it's real and I can provide a receipt, how's the chance? Thanks
Old 02-17-2017

Longevity: 72%

You can't win.

A claim of "not authentic" trumps anything you can do or say.

Consider yourself lucky if you get it back at all.
Old 02-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbi View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice. It was a gift from my family member, if it's real and I can provide a receipt, how's the chance? Thanks
Totally get it, but not being able to produce authenticity can be problematic. Maybe try to get the item authenticated some how may be a route to go....but I would say right now the best thing to do is to get the item back as fast as possible.
Old 02-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

do you have a receipt or not??

just try and get it back. Just hope it is not a scammer.

the buyer misled you, as to them not caring if it was authentic or not. They do care, they care alot! they found it was not the bargain they thought they were getting, they possibly thought that they would get a real one at a fraction of the price, due to you 'not knowing'. They were quietly hoping to rip YOU off! They thought what it suited them to think, until they found it was a replica, and they possibly wanted to relist it at a higher price if it had been real.......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-18-2017 at 03:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
do you have a receipt or not??

just try and get it back. Just hope it is not a scammer.

the buyer misled you, as to them not caring if it was authentic or not. They do care, they care alot! they found it was not the bargain they thought they were getting, they possibly thought that they would get a real one at a fraction of the price, due to you 'not knowing'. They were quietly hoping to rip YOU off! They thought what it suited them to think, until they found it was a replica, and they possibly wanted to relist it at a higher price if it had been real.......
It was a gift from my cousin, she said she would provide the receipt if need, but the name on the receipt is my cousin not me, is it ok?

I'm afraid to accept a return, cause I will probably lose more (time to spend on paypal and different item) if the buyer is a scammer

Thanks

Last edited by dbi; 02-19-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2017

Longevity: 60%

If they send it back at all, you may get a package full of trash and she keeps the item and the money.
Old 02-20-2017

Longevity: 60%

You will loose the money and loose the PayPal account.

Paypal hates replicas, doesn't matter you have already made a deal with her.

Whenever someone ask you it's an authentic or it's a phake, don't discuss anything with them, block them. That's what I do.
Old 02-20-2017

your playing with too much money for 1 sale on a stealth, I hope you were smart enough to send with signature required.
Old 02-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, the market of selling handbags is something you're not ready for yet
Old 02-20-2017
Banned

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@OP, the market of selling handbags is something you're not ready for yet
The fact that it was a gift from a family member obviously means that this isn't something the OP would usually sell.

At least read through the thread before you post.

Last edited by parsierngue; 02-20-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2017

Longevity: 72%

The fact that it was a gift from a family member obviously means that this isn't something the OP would usually sell.

Doesn't invalidate the accuracy of rsot's observation.

Last edited by dallis; 02-20-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2017
Banned

Longevity: 43%

As it's clear that this a one off sale, it was a completely irrelevant observation.

And even if it were relevant to the thread, it doesn't offer any advice or assistance whatsoever. So it's useless in any case.
Old 02-21-2017

Longevity: 52%

Sorry, I don't agree with these posts.

first, you need to know if it's authentic or not. if it isn't cut a deal with the buyer.
if it is, then you may still need to cut a deal. you didn't ask them how much of a partial refund. if they just want $50 back, then maybe it's best to agree to that.

problem with accepting return is buyer sounds scam and you probably won't get your item back. which is a bigger problem if your item was real to begin with. hint why you need to figure this out first.

also everyone here says when a case is open then to accept a return, i don't agree with this, basically you are admitting you made a mistake. I fight most of my cases, and I win almost all the ones I fight.

Sold a rain jacket last month and buyer opened an authenticity claim saying he went to the store to compare and it's not authentic, and mines doesn't have a lining and it's lightweight. I fought it and told ebay I don't think buyer understands what a rain jacket is, it's to keep you dry, not warm, so it's not suppose to have a lining and it's suppose to be lightweight and i told them i don't know what he's comparing it to in store, because this jacket is 3-4 years old and it's been discontinued. won the case. and no i didn't lie, it was a real jacket and the buyer didn't know what he was buying.