Why not link new pp? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-26-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Why not link new pp?

What I don't get as a newbie is why people keep trying to find ways to receive and pay through their pp that was linked to a suspended account. Is there a reason why people don't just open a new pp and close the old one down? I have a new premier account and have not added ss#, but I won't take payments for pp over $100 (credit card for rest). I don't keep money in my pp account. I withdraw daily and then actually move the money from the linked account into another one so they can't pull out money from my account (not that it's ever happened, but I've heard stories).

I have an old pp account with my ss# attached to it and keep it around just in case, but I figure if I ever need to, I can shut it down and add SS# to the new one.

Okay, so I derailed, here, but what am I missing as to why people are not opening new pp's?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2007

Longevity: 99%

Well for one, supposedly new accounts aren't given the leeway that seasoned accounts have. Although in my other thread on this topic, I'm trying to figure out just how much leeway loss you have. I'm planning to link an account and then start funneling some few funds in just so I can bid/buy auctions that are only paypal required/immediate payment. But you don't want to do that if it means you're taking a chance on a limited account because of it. Paypal accounts aren't THAT easy to create, unlike ebay accounts.
Old 08-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well for one, supposedly new accounts aren't given the leeway that seasoned accounts have. Although in my other thread on this topic, I'm trying to figure out just how much leeway loss you have. I'm planning to link an account and then start funneling some few funds in just so I can bid/buy auctions that are only paypal required/immediate payment. But you don't want to do that if it means you're taking a chance on a limited account because of it. Paypal accounts aren't THAT easy to create, unlike ebay accounts.
I guess new pp accounts are easier for women. I have accounts in maiden, divorced, and remarried names (have various id's in all 3). I suppose I could even hyphenate!
Old 08-26-2007

So has there been some earth shattering change just recently with new paypal accounts and ebay? You talk like there has. Haven't had a brand new account in a while so I don't know.
Old 08-27-2007

I see. So if you link your accounts but you DO stay under the radar--what happens then? Is there a severe shortening of your ebay lifespan just as if you did not link BUT PP became severely limited?

What would happen if you were to say link your account for a while on one account, remove the email or link when you feel a problem coming on (such as a minor limitation that might become worse or a large change in payment deposits) , and then add it to a new account after it's had a few days or weeks to mature? Is that ok or playing with fire with the new account? The idea being you would anticipate the problem and remove the link/email before it became a problem. Sort of a leapfrog approach.