Ebay asks to upgrade to business account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Ebay asks to upgrade to business account

Hi,
in the first place I hope nobody will mind I put my thread in this (UK) section as the question is about UK ebay, UK paypal and UK bank account despite the fact at the moment I am in Slovakia. Thank you.
This question is NOT about stealth account but I am really desperate to get answer to avoid to get ban or before they stop me selling.
I am ebay and paypal member since 2010 in the UK where I was at the time. I was never selling anything (just buying) and only started selling in the end of the last year.
I am selling virtual in-game currency. I dont post anything physically. (its just digital goods)
Few days ago ebay sent me message asking me to upgrade to business account as they checked my account as a part of ongoing review of the eBay trading activities of their top sellers. If I dont upgrade they will not allow me to sell anymore. I have one week to upgrade. (thats what they said).
Now my question is: I am no entrepreneur nor have any company. Can I just upgrade to business account filling in non existing company, address etc? Will they find out? Moreover as I am not in the UK at the moment. Will it be suspicious if I put in details for UK company but my IP adress is "saying" I am outside of the UK? How is that even possible I still can sell using UK ebay account (and UK paypal) despite not being in the UK at the present? I thought they check ip addresses. Or is better option to put in details for company based in Slovakia? Is it even possible? (I saw few sellers selling on UK ebay which are based in eg China or Hong Kong although I know (or maybe just think) they are physically in Germany)
Thank you in advance for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Ebay asks to upgrade to business account

Really no one can help me? Am I too paranoid or its because I am not British or because this is not about stealth account (so nobody can recommend it to me to buy one nor stealth guide?)? I just cannot believe nobody knows the answer.

Last edited by blackhole; 03-05-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
Really no one can help me? Am I too paranoid or its because I am not British or because this is not about stealth account (so nobody can recommend it to me to buy one nor stealth guide?)? I just cannot believe nobody knows the answer.
Try having a bit of patience for starters.

Yes you can upgrade to business without causing major issues. You should also be using a UK IP address. Look into VPS.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 03-05-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Dont get me wrong I am just short of time as I have to do it till Sunday but on Friday I am going out of home till Monday. Moreover I saw there were 76 views and no answer.
Anyway thank you for your answer. Does it mean I can just make any business name and address and thats it? They dont check it?
How risky it is to use my slovak ip address? VPS looks too complicated. I ve been using this ip since November last year. Didnt they find out or you think they found out but just didnt do anything with it? Is it possible?
Thank you.
Old 03-08-2014

Longevity: 65%

You should have changed your IP before starting selling from abroad. Changing it now might or might not work, as your account has already been flagged with suspicious activity.
Old 02-22-2017

Longevity: 42%

just upgrade the info from a company in slovakia as you are the only owner
Old 02-22-2017
MU

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinvestigador View Post
just upgrade the info from a company in slovakia as you are the only owner
So the OP required a time sensitive answer within 7 days, and you give him one 3 years later? Well done!