Inquiry by PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Inquiry by PayPal

One of my paypal accounts got limited a few hours ago. The last payment I sent from the account has been disputed by "Inquiry by PayPal". Im not too pushed about getting the account back. But i would like for the payment to go through
Because i don't want the seller to be out of money as he has already shipped half my order. so i have a few questions that i hope someone with a bit more experience could help me out with.

1. My account is limited is there anyway to resolve this dispute "Inquiry by PayPal" without getting the account unlimited

2. If i do decide to to wait the 180 days can i add the bank account from one of my suspend accounts and withdraw. The funds that are left over are not worth setting up a new bank account.

3. If i request a check does it have to be shipped to the same address as the one on my paypal account?

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could give me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default What did you do wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylo View Post
1. My account is limited is there anyway to resolve this dispute "Inquiry by PayPal" without getting the account unlimited

2. If i do decide to to wait the 180 days can i add the bank account from one of my suspend accounts and withdraw. The funds that are left over are not worth setting up a new bank account.

3. If i request a check does it have to be shipped to the same address as the one on my paypal account?

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could give me

First off all i would like the now where the money on your paypal account came from. EBAY sales or other sales. I had the same thing a couple months ago, 5 payment from me where put on hold/dispute "by Inquiry PayPal", i didn't knew about this site yet and used a Paypal and ebay account based in CA, with a proxy server in the Dominican republic. They thought my account was hacked and for there security they put my payment on hold.

If you did log in with a proxy server or ip address from a other country just call Paypal. Tell them you used a PC from a friend to do the payments and that you don't now what is going on (play it like a newbie) with your paypal account. They will ask you about the amounts you sent to the seller and at what time and date. If you can confirm all those question they will lift the hold and give everybody his money.

BUT,

If the money you send wasn't yours yet (good be that you found a way around the 21 day hold for Ebay payments and try to spend the money before they can confirm you delivered your products or the sours from your funds is not verified or suspended than you can better leave everything and just walk away). This could be a stolen credit card or any other related fraud issue. This doesn't have to be you, but could be also somebody that send you a large payment in the last days, or more than 1 payment.

To add the same bank account to this account is not really smart, specially not if it is already suspended. The golden rules Posted over and over by Member: Her we Go Again

1 eBay account = 1 Paypal account
1 Paypal account = 1 Checking account
1 Checking account = 1 credit card

Always stick with that, if the money is not worth to set up a new bank account just let the Paypal DOGS buy them self a for it.

And than the last one, yes it needs to be shipped to the address on your Paypal account. It can only be shipped to your confirmed address. I wish it was different because i still have a couple checks to cash

Maybe there other member that have a different way for you, but this is my experiences with PAYPAL CA.

Good luck with it

EBAYFREAK

Last edited by EbayFreak; 04-12-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Excellent reply EbayFreak.

For the last question, you can add a bank account, if you don't already have one on your paypal and withraw the funds to it after the 180 days. That's the only way if you used a stealth address, that is not accessible.
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
EbayFreak (04-12-2009)
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Excellent reply EbayFreak.

For the last question, you can add a bank account, if you don't already have one on your paypal and withdraw the funds to it after the 180 days. That's the only way if you used a stealth address, that is not accessible.
Thanks Lakeman and good evening,

But what he asked of he can use a bank account that is already used with a suspended account, i don`t think that will work. What do you think?

Last edited by EbayFreak; 04-13-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

No, he shouldn't use a bank account that has been used with a suspended account. He said there's not enough funds to worry about opening up a new bank account, but if there was $5 in there I'd open a new bank account, just so paypal doesn't get it! :D
Old 04-13-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks for the help guys I think i will cut my loses and move on, This account was a nice little experiment in dropshipping and seing how far i can push paypal
Old 04-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

just to clarify

the bank account already attached when you are limited, you cant withdraw to that?
Old 04-13-2009

Yes you can withdraw to the same bank account you had when your account became limited.
Old 04-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
just to clarify

the bank account already attached when you are limited, you cant withdraw to that?
no there was no bank account attached it so i unless i get unlimited there is no way i can get my money back. i was only drop shipping off this account so none of my real life money was invested. ill just slowly move the listings onto another account.

This may sound kinda strange but i don't use bank accounts I have only 1 bank account which was attached to a limited paypal account and have never bothered to set up a new one. I just use the profits from selling on ebay to buy stock which i sell in "real life" =)
Old 04-13-2009

Mylo, there is a very easy to get your money, open a new bank account and withdraw it to that.
Old 04-14-2009

Question:

Had my first stealth account have an issue. Paypal has limited me because they called and the phone number I used was answered by a nearby worker who forgot my "stealth name". Thus I was immediately limited. So lesson learned, I am now keeping all phones myself and going with track phones, eliminating this possibility for the future.

But my ebay ID is presently still active, and although I cannot list new auctions, I still have about 100 auctions running with some sales each day going into my paypal account that is limited. My impulse was to kill these auctions as I can't get to the money. But then said wait... Why can't I call these buyers, explain the paypal issue and tell them I will send them a link from my website to pay which takes credit cards. That is working so far for some sales. And for those international and unreachable, why not simply complete those sales even though I cannot get the funds, and in 180 days I will be able to withdraw that money. Essentially I will be creating a "bonus" for myself six months out on this account as well as any others I get suspended in the future.

I guess what I am asking is if I can definitely get this money in six months (my real bank account is in paypal), is there anything wrong with how I am proceeding? Am I missing something?
Old 04-14-2009

Paypal tends to refund buyers when you get limited, even some of them who have recieved the item. But yes the remaining money left in your paypal after the 180 days can be withdrawn to your bank account.
Old 04-14-2009

Thank you. So they may refund buyers even if I have input tracking? Ouch. Bu the rst would make a nice bonus and makes getting limited a little easier to bear.

Any idea how long after limiting and requesting all the documentation before they suspend ebay and shut the paypal account completely? Right now they are simply waiting for a response. How long before they say ok, this guy is a very bad man, lol, and shut it all down?
Old 04-14-2009

Yes,

Don't send any orders out anymore on this account. Just refund the buyers and cancel the transaction. I did the same thing with 2 accounts. Shipped out products received, 2 people opened a dispute because they didn't received there package with 7 days. Both got the package a couple days later an still got there refund from ebay. As soon as your limited you a F****, stop shipping and just see what you have left after the 180 days.
Old 04-14-2009

Yea, paypal is a b**** about refunding buyers that have already received their item when you get limited. Like Ebayfreak said, I wouldn't ship anymore orders out. Your ebay account will probably be suspended fairly soon.
Old 04-14-2009

Thank you both for the excellent advice. I hadn't realized paypal turns so hostile, and you two just saved me more pain. My old paypal account from my real suspended ID was never limited and to this day I still have full access, but I think it is because I have such an extensive history with that account for many years. I guess I am about to see paypal get ugly, lol, then in 180 days collect whats left. Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

do you think its best to walk away from a limited account, and hopefully get your money 180 days down the line, or should you persevere and send info in they want (hard when its stealth!) Do you think you are always watched after that?
Old 04-23-2009

I have walked away from the account. Outside of the social security number issue which is pretty insurmountable, they wanted the phone number of my manufacturers. Some of those manufacturers would stop selling to me if they knew I was putting there products on ebay. It is funny, ebay is looked down upon as trash by most manufacturers, yet ebay wants to call them, therefore ruining our credibility and relationship to the manufacturer. Its like the flea market calling Praada to verify if we are credible enough to sell designer bags at their flea market. The arrogance of ebay. So I will take the bonus in 180 days when I can withdraw the money. Think of it as deferred income.