new dba and linking paypal to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-25-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default new dba and linking paypal to ebay

i keep hearing it's certain death to link ebay to paypal. is that only if you're using the same paypal account that was linked to a suspended ebay account? i am going to try to open a new paypal account using my new dba info. never give them my ssn#. will it be safe to link that new paypal account to ebay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1 View Post
i keep hearing it's certain death to link ebay to paypal. is that only if you're using the same paypal account that was linked to a suspended ebay account? i am going to try to open a new paypal account using my new dba info. never give them my ssn#. will it be safe to link that new paypal account to ebay?
dont like it only link your shipping address is my experience. I put in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address in the shipping and home address, but when I click, "pay now" it takes me to choices of paypal I click on that and forces me to use the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, but once I log in the paypal I use my old address granted it grabs your address though, but does not change your address in ebay. Its weird..anyhow IM horrible writing stories just change your primary email address and you should be fine in paypal.
Old 08-25-2007
Threadstarter  

i think you're right. if that new account gets limited i'll be screwed. the only way to get it out would then be my ssn#.
Old 08-25-2007
Threadstarter  

the problem is i sold most items as ebay-store inventory, i guess you can not open a store without a "paypal account in good standing". is there a way to get another ebay store up and running?
Old 08-26-2007

All i know I I have an account in limbo right now because I refuse to give a SS (all the info is bogus anyway) its not that Im afraid of giving mySS.
Old 08-26-2007

Quote:
the problem is i sold most items as ebay-store inventory, i guess you can not open a store without a "paypal account in good standing". is there a way to get another ebay store up and running?
change your old paypal email address with a new primary and drop the old see what happens..
Old 08-26-2007
Threadstarter  

so if you ever have to give the ssn# to pp you are automatically busted or what? eb and pp will get suspended plus you never get the money out?
Old 08-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
change your old paypal email address with a new primary and drop the old see what happens..
can't link them when you do that right? i think if i try to link them ebay will suspend that account real fast. i recently lost 4 accounts i had running on eb. 3 were trash, one was my real account linked to paypal ssn# allt that. i never thought they would link all those accounts but i guess they tracked the ip address. all four of the paypal accounts i had are all still open. 2 verified, 2 not verified. i am all little afraid to use all those right now.
my ultimate goal would be to get a store up and running again.i had to use all my real info on the last one i had. i could see adding the primary for a ebay id that i would run all auctions. just send out the paypal invoices outside of ebay. since that pp account has had high volume traffic for so long i should be fine. i'm just wondering if anyone has been able to open a store (not a prostore, just the cheapest one ebay offers) after being suspended. they really are pushing pp hard to get a store open, or so i think..
Old 08-27-2007

Quote:
can't link them when you do that right? i think if i try to link them ebay will suspend that account real fast. i recently lost 4 accounts i had running on eb. 3 were trash, one was my real account linked to paypal ssn# allt that. i never thought they would link all those accounts but i guess they tracked the ip address. all four of the paypal accounts i had are all still open. 2 verified, 2 not verified. i am all little afraid to use all those right now.
my ultimate goal would be to get a store up and running again.i had to use all my real info on the last one i had. i could see adding the primary for a ebay id that i would run all auctions. just send out the paypal invoices outside of ebay. since that pp account has had high volume traffic for so long i should be fine. i'm just wondering if anyone has been able to open a store (not a prostore, just the cheapest one ebay offers) after being suspended. they really are pushing pp hard to get a store open, or so i think..
you can still link them there will be no issue ebay is banning your email address not your life. change your name in the paypal address also, but I would not link themselve, but if you want to at least change the email address primary and drop the old one. At least in this case your not a new paypal member being radared by ebay/paypal.
Old 08-27-2007

I didn't even officially LINK my paypal account to Ebay, a buyer of mine simply paid me using my ebay address.

On the same day my paypal account got limited Ebay blocked me.