Selling Outside of Ebay? Good Idea? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Selling Outside of Ebay? Good Idea?

So I'm selling my laptop outside of eBay and i was wondering if its a good idea if the guy decides to scam me?

Is there a difference? Because ebay always let buyers win and PayPal too. But if I sell it outside of ebay, I only have to deal with paypal and not ebay.

I'm selling a very high end laptop and idk if this guy will scam me or not. I know he has multi accounts because he told me and he made a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email address to communicate with me via email.

He lowered the price from 900 to 875 dollars after communicating via email.

What should I do before shipping my laptop out to make it 100% win a paypal dispute in case he opens one against me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Selling Outside of Ebay? Good Idea?

If you are doubting it that much then do not do it.

Get cash. You are opening yourself up for a nasty wound. The funds will probably be put on hold, and if they are not, probably means its a well established account that isnt worth tossing.

Have you tried craigslist or the like?

too big of a risk....especially with electronics.
He could swap a part and send you back a useless piece of junk or worse, a box of dirty shoes.
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

It will not make any difference either buyer buys from ebay or direct paypal payment, buyer can return item within 6 months
Old 02-26-2017

Longevity: 43%

that is how my account was suspended I had is for 17 years
Old 02-26-2017

Longevity: 72%

Don't ever sell anything on EB if you can't afford to lose both your money and your item.
Old 02-26-2017

Longevity: 41%

A buyer that is willing to go outside of eBay and not get buyer protection money back guarantee for a $900 item is a big chance that person is a scammer. Yes you can get scammed either way you go but eBay adds a extra layer of seller protection make sure you ship with signature required and insurance.
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
If you are doubting it that much then do not do it.

Get cash. You are opening yourself up for a nasty wound. The funds will probably be put on hold, and if they are not, probably means its a well established account that isnt worth tossing.

Have you tried craigslist or the like?

too big of a risk....especially with electronics.
He could swap a part and send you back a useless piece of junk or worse, a box of dirty shoes.
No one wanna buy from Craigslist. So much competition and I can't even find my listing
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup321 View Post
A buyer that is willing to go outside of eBay and not get buyer protection money back guarantee for a $900 item is a big chance that person is a scammer. Yes you can get scammed either way you go but eBay adds a extra layer of seller protection make sure you ship with signature required and insurance.
Is there any way for me to show PayPal that I legit sent out the item? I can take a picture but then PayPal will think I swap it out for something else.

If anything happens. I have his legit IP address. I can report him?

I always lose on eBay. eBay will actually let me win? I doubt that especially when my eBay is stealth info

Last edited by ithelps; 02-26-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
It will not make any difference either buyer buys from ebay or direct paypal payment, buyer can return item within 6 months

6 months? WTF.

So I should receive the money on a stealth PayPal and transfer it out?

What happens when my PayPal balance is negative? And I don't pay it back? It's a stealth paypal
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithelps View Post
Is there any way for me to show PayPal that I legit sent out the item? I can take a picture but then PayPal will think I swap it out for something else.

How do you know it's his "legit" IP and not a VPN, and how did you get his IP anyway?

It's going to be a risky sale either way, but if you insist on making the sale this way this is what I would do.
-Ship with UPS/Fedex w/ sig. confirmation + added insurance so the shipment is fully insured
-Take multiple pictures as you're packaging the laptop into the shipping box, and then take more showing the shipping label once it's packaged.
-Upload the tracking number to Paypal as soon as it becomes available

That's about all you can do, really. I've never shipped an expensive laptop but I ship expensive orders every week, and those are the protocols I usually take.
Old 02-26-2017

Quote:

I always lose on eBay. eBay will actually let me win? I doubt that especially when my eBay is stealth info
I would not recommend it, not much more I can say it's your choice. If you got money to lose go for it if not pick a better option.
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
How do you know it's his "legit" IP and not a VPN, and how did you get his IP anyway?

It's going to be a risky sale either way, but if you insist on making the sale this way this is what I would do.
-Ship with UPS/Fedex w/ sig. confirmation + added insurance so the shipment is fully insured
-Take multiple pictures as you're packaging the laptop into the shipping box, and then take more showing the shipping label once it's packaged.
-Upload the tracking number to Paypal as soon as it becomes available

That's about all you can do, really. I've never shipped an expensive laptop but I ship expensive orders every week, and those are the protocols I usually take.
Thanks. I was planning to do that but then I was thinking what if PayPal say that after taking all those pictures, I replaced it with rocks. Then what happens? I think the only way to gurantee that its a computer inside is if I record everything up to the point I hand that box to ups.

So you wouldn't recommend usps, you recommend ups or fedex?

I got his ip. I baited him. I know where he lives in NY and he has verizon fios. Not a proxy.

Then this other guy, he's from Russia and he has broadband internet. Not proxy. He wants me to ship it to a forwarding site. Too risky, so I won't deal with him and he has like 8 ebay accounts. All of them replying to me.
Old 02-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup321 View Post
I would not recommend it, not much more I can say it's your choice. If you got money to lose go for it if not pick a better option.
So would you recommend me selling a high end laptop on ebay? Just wondering, because ebay and paypal always side with buyers.

Other than that, I know there's craigslist but Im not getting anything.

Maybe I can try Amazon. I'll give that a try, then.
Old 02-27-2017

Quote:
So would you recommend me selling a high end laptop on ebay? Just wondering, because ebay and paypal always side with buyers.

Other than that, I know there's craigslist but Im not getting anything.

Maybe I can try Amazon. I'll give that a try, then.
On eBay it's risky but usually will go good, if case comes up I wouldn't stop fighting till I get money back but that's bad for stealth when there looking into your account. On craigslist at least you know your getting the cash in hand go down $100 on your price that's about what your going to pay anyways on fees and beware of scammers on Craigslist trying to send you checks or go through PayPal say no PayPal on listing I even turn off emails and they usually don't bother you.
I never sold on amazon so idk what protection you got on there.
Old 02-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
6 months? WTF.

So I should receive the money on a stealth PayPal and transfer it out?

What happens when my PayPal balance is negative? And I don't pay it back? It's a stealth paypal
Forum goal isn't to stiff PP