Can't Buy or Sell but Not Suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-27-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Can't Buy or Sell but Not Suspended

I tried to create four buying accounts, but the last three got suspended after I purchased an item for $5. I didn't notice right away when I created the other three accounts with the same IP on separate days. The next day I made two more accounts using the same IP that didn't get suspended. I thought I'd let them cool off before trying to buy anything. Well, I went to buy a small item a couple days later and got a message that I had to verify my information(even though I already verified the phone number(same number as the suspended accounts). So i can't buy or sell on these two most recent accounts, but I'm not suspended. I can email sellers, edit my profile, etc, but that's about it. I'm assuming these two accounts are toast, and I need stealth IPs now and new phone numbers.

Currently, your account has reached the limit for bidding and buying, but you can increase this limit by providing additional verification. Thank you for your understanding.

Please follow the directions below to continue.
{e55830-227058x}

Error Code: 70226
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Can't Buy or Sell but Not Suspended

Congratulations!

I don't know what your question is, but looking at the process you use to make accounts I can understand why they keep going down.

Are you trying to scam sellers? That's what this sounds like from my perspective and that's probably what eBay is thinking as well. I can't think of any legitimate reasons for a buyer to purchase from multiple eBay accounts.

I recommend you use guest checkout for whatever you're trying to buy, and STOP using the same IP's and phone numbers for multiple accounts.
Old 02-28-2017
Threadstarter  

I didn't think about that. I went ahead on the account that didn't get suspended and bought $6k worth of items earning my $500 eBay Bucks bonus. All was nice until I tried to buy on a second account and both accounts got suspended. I don't think the second account suspended the first, but spending $6k in 15 minutes caused the account to go down. I had to spend 10k on my first account(not stealth) and earn exactly $0 in eBay Bucks. I need to find the sweet spot for spending on the new accounts and earning eBay Bucks. Right now, I'll just create some stealths and see what the limit is to spend per account. Maybe $1k is the sweet spot in the first day the account is open. $2k the next week maybe?
Old 03-02-2017

Longevity: 61%

So you are creating stealth accounts to earn eB bucks?
Old 03-04-2017

Longevity: 58%

wait whats the point of ebay bucks? I dont see how you profit off that.
Old 03-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Best of luck with the experiments
Old 03-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Well, a few months back eBay shut down all my buying accounts linked to the same PayPal. I had about 40 of them. I was able to max out the eBay bucks on each for $500 buying only on the 6/8/10% eBay bucks days and turn a nice profit wholesaling and selling other high-end electronics. Now the profits are so low, it really isn't worth the effort, but I need to make a little money to survive. I would love to get in on stealth buying secrets. Stealth buying accounts aren't monitored as closely as selling accounts. I was able to operate relatively undisturbed for years. But too many new accounts buying too fast(thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes) led to my downfall. I would say you can link multiple buying accounts together without much issue, but if you screw up on one, they will all fall. It's hard to get that many mailboxes though and with a manual review of the account, you won't be able to alter the address just by a character and get away with it. But if you live in a big city, you have a mailbox depot on almost every block, so it's possible. I just don't want to start over now, but I know I'll have to unless I switch to digital marketing and services. It's hard when you've been in the wholesale business so long though.