Etsy Discussions! - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-28-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Etsy Discussions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Bit of a random question about Etsy traffic, hopefully some of you have suggestions:

I sell a lot on Etsy during Monday to Thursday. Then the sales and traffic drop off a cliff for the weekend and come Monday morning, I'm back busting ass and generating normal traffic and sales.

Usually I would expect traffic/sales to hike up over the weekend, as they do in Ebay but for some reason my traffic drops a solid 50% and sales drop about 80%

What could be the issue?
To be honest I think this may just be the trend at the moment for sales n general as I've found the same, and that includes eb.ay too. About 4-5 years ago weekends were the best for me for sales, but now it seems to be mon tue wed that I make most of my money. I sort of assumed that towards and over the weekend people are outside spending money in the real world rather than sat in on a pc or looking at their phones.

Maybe someone else has some ideas.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

There is a difference between slower traffic and falling off a cliff like clockwork every time the weekend comes around.
Also this has been happening for about 3 weeks now, so its something new.
Old 03-01-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

I've noticed similar behavior on Friday and Saturday for some stores. I have yet to really look in depth with it, but you aren't the only one.
Old 03-02-2017

I still honestly think its general sales trends.

The weather, the season, kids being off school, what time of the month it is in relation to payday. It all affects shoppers. I even found that what was being shown on TV could affect my sales. Trump becoming president seemed to slow my US sales dramatically just after the election.

I'm just doubtful you or Et.sy are doing something specific that would mean everything for you drops off around the same time in the week. Depending on what you are selling don't forget that trends can drop off eventually. All I can suggest is upload more product in different niches perhaps?
Old 03-09-2017

Longevity: 50%

Yeah January and February are horrible. March things pick back up until July August dies down again.
One thing I would do when it got slow is renew the listings during peak times ie 6-10pm est.
A neat little trick I learned was instead of paying the relisting fee I would change some of the Content and tags. Then all the sudden i would start getting more traffic and sales on those specific listings. It only came in spurts during that time.
That told me that etsi would put the listing as new.
Not sure if it still works but worth a try for 10 listings or so.

Actually there was a software that did all that in batches called betsi. After years they got banned and I think it was because they figured out etsi algorithm and how to beat it.
Ah the good ole days.
Old 03-09-2017

I'm actually wondering if Et.sy is sort of killing itself off, I'm not a fan of the changes to the deposits from DC. Looking at their forum a lot of sellers rely on the money to produce the goods before posting, but with the 3 day delay it means they have to pay out their own pocket first or face complaints about late delivery.

Something to easily adapt to I guess, but surely makes it harder for people who are just starting out?
Old 03-17-2017

Longevity: 42%

have got etsy book
Old 03-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I'm actually wondering if Et.sy is sort of killing itself off, I'm not a fan of the changes to the deposits from DC. Looking at their forum a lot of sellers rely on the money to produce the goods before posting, but with the 3 day delay it means they have to pay out their own pocket first or face complaints about late delivery.

Something to easily adapt to I guess, but surely makes it harder for people who are just starting out?
Etzy is hell. I was selling custom artwork on there and people expect everything to be shipped immediately. I had to really make sure my descriptions were clear with the time frame or they would complain. I had a woman who bought 2 items 3 weeks apart, each with an 8 week delivery time. Hand made item. She expected both items to be delivered on the schedule of the first purchase and filed a non receipt claim. Etzy sided with her and suspended my account. The suspension was removed and my store was back up but then in a few weeks, they suspended it again with no reason given other than it was under review. Billing expected me to pay the listing fees for items they pulled down each time I was suspended. I fought with them about this and they refused to remove the fees from my account so I didn't pay it. They sent me to collections over $50. I hate etzy. They are run by people who have no idea what they are doing and don't have common sense. They shut people down willy nilly. Google Etsy and suspended to read some horror stories. If you are able to start accounts again whenever they decide to shut you down then it's a good place to sell but for a legitimate artist/designer and your work takes time, they are a nightmare.
Old 04-12-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
Etzy is hell. I was selling custom artwork on there and people expect everything to be shipped immediately. I had to really make sure my descriptions were clear with the time frame or they would complain. I had a woman who bought 2 items 3 weeks apart, each with an 8 week delivery time. Hand made item. She expected both items to be delivered on the schedule of the first purchase and filed a non receipt claim. Etzy sided with her and suspended my account. The suspension was removed and my store was back up but then in a few weeks, they suspended it again with no reason given other than it was under review. Billing expected me to pay the listing fees for items they pulled down each time I was suspended. I fought with them about this and they refused to remove the fees from my account so I didn't pay it. They sent me to collections over $50. I hate etzy. They are run by people who have no idea what they are doing and don't have common sense. They shut people down willy nilly. Google Etsy and suspended to read some horror stories. If you are able to start accounts again whenever they decide to shut you down then it's a good place to sell but for a legitimate artist/designer and your work takes time, they are a nightmare.
I know! I have 1-2 day prepare time frame on my listings as I can make my products pretty quick and on day 3 I'll get some random person whining that their item wasn't delivered thinking the 1-2 day was how many days they'd take to get it. I've even been yelled at for items not arriving on a Sunday.

Most buyers are fine, but a handful could be thrown out with the bath water and I'd be okay with it.
Old 04-13-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I know! I have 1-2 day prepare time frame on my listings as I can make my products pretty quick and on day 3 I'll get some random person whining that their item wasn't delivered thinking the 1-2 day was how many days they'd take to get it. I've even been yelled at for items not arriving on a Sunday.

Most buyers are fine, but a handful could be thrown out with the bath water and I'd be okay with it.
Makes me wonder what you are selling to attract such nut jobs, my et.sy customers are super nice! Much better than the fussy eb.ay users who claim late delivery when its them who take 2 weeks to pick it up from their post office.
Old 04-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

what about when they refuse to go to the post office or reschedule a delivery because they claim they don't know what a signature confirmation is or how it works?
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017
MU

Quote:
Makes me wonder what you are selling to attract such nut jobs, my et.sy customers are super nice! Much better than the fussy eb.ay users who claim late delivery when its them who take 2 weeks to pick it up from their post office.
Clothing. I'm hip to the jive of what teenagers/young college kids buy and I pay the price for it.
Old 05-07-2017

Longevity: 40%

Hi
I'm new here.

Got suspended by et sy in march by using a stock photo. But others are using same stock photo but they weren't banned.

I take it VCC is virtual credit card but I've a second debit card but then saw I would need a new name and a new address - how on earth would I get one of them. I'm okay on a new isp as I've a dongle to connect.

I lost £500 a month from et sy. I hate ebay as the buyers always complain it's either lost when I've sent it twice one with tracking which showed person signing for it at address. They're very rude. Ebay likes blow up photos so did that and guy thought he was buying a real hand knuckleduster necklace. Even though says in description that it will not fit a babies hand.
Old 05-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

The rules of Stealth apply to etsy as well....VCC should work fine.
Old 05-08-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallfromgrace View Post
Hi
I'm new here.

Got suspended by et sy in march by using a stock photo. But others are using same stock photo but they weren't banned.

I take it VCC is virtual credit card but I've a second debit card but then saw I would need a new name and a new address - how on earth would I get one of them. I'm okay on a new isp as I've a dongle to connect.

Welcome to the Et.sy side of the forums.

For us in the UK there are a few options you can consider for ID. Either a family member who Et.sy cannot link you to (so no similar last names or addresses) or friend, but of course make sure they are willing to let you use their details.

Last option which some are even less comfortable with is to get creative.

A new identity is essential for stealth et.sy in the UK, so have a good hard think on if you are willing to take this route, I know not everyone is comfortable with posing as someone else.

Most important thing if you decide to proceed with steath, make sure you act like a new seller. No using images or descriptions from your original account, and try and keep the product new too.

Otherwise good luck, search the forum here if you have any queries and ask if you get stuck
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-16-2019)
Old 06-03-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Welcome to the Et.sy side of the forums.

For us in the UK there are a few options you can consider for ID. Either a family member who Et.sy cannot link you to (so no similar last names or addresses) or friend, but of course make sure they are willing to let you use their details.

Last option which some are even less comfortable with is to get creative.

A new identity is essential for stealth et.sy in the UK, so have a good hard think on if you are willing to take this route, I know not everyone is comfortable with posing as someone else.

Most important thing if you decide to proceed with steath, make sure you act like a new seller. No using images or descriptions from your original account, and try and keep the product new too.

Otherwise good luck, search the forum here if you have any queries and ask if you get stuck
I was wondering if anyone knows if the ID procedure is the same in other European countries? Like Spain, Germany, etc?

Also, does the MAC address of a device that has been previously used needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to pewdewpie For This Useful Post:
Sydney1983 (10-23-2018)
Old 07-31-2017

Longevity: 38%

Would anyone be willing to message me some tips on opening a stealth account? I don't want to mess this up. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-26-2018

Longevity: 32%

Can I buy an etsy stealth account on here ?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahjb For This Useful Post:
Sydney1983 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018

Longevity: 31%

I dont know sarahjb im trying to find out too
Old 10-25-2018

Longevity: 32%

As far as i know, no one selling etsy account here (at least no verified sellers)
Old 10-25-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

That's right, no verified etsy sellers (yet).

Be wary of anyone offering to sell those to you.
Old 03-15-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
I Know! Me too! They won't let me purchase because my account is currently suspended.
check out as guest