Request for Return / Buyer's Remorse isn't covered - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

View Poll Results: Which option to choose?
#4) Decline the return (This will automatically close the buyer's request.) 2 66.67%
#5) Send the buyer a message (You can reply to the buyer.) 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Request for Return / Buyer's Remorse isn't covered

eBay US

Advice on how best to proceed? I have to pick an answer SOON!

Listed an item: Final Sale No Returns in the description. Also chose that option in the original list your item form. I know in the world of eBay "No Returns" doesn't REALLY EXIST because returns can be forced, etc.

Also put FREE SHIPPING. *yes, I know people are groaning at this*

I need help with a buyer on eBay who wants to return an item because she "just didn't like it". The stupid reason too: "didn't not realize how small the pieces would be." (<-- paraphrasing the last part)

^ Falls under "BUYER'S REMORSE"

It is a standard sized pieces LEGO set. Dimensions of the main building, and other things also clearly put in the description - cm and inches.

No other complaints from other customers who bought LEGO sets from me.

She might steal the Minifigs and return the rest, maybe with missing pieces or not.

I was a TRS in the past, and I DO NOT CARE to become one again.
Getting back into the eBay game, I am just not familiar with the [New] eBay Returns Process.

My funds that were released upon delivery, are now withheld on PP.

A "Return Request" was opened up from the buyer on eBay.

The choices are:
1) Accept the return
The buyer pays for return shipping, and we'll provide them all the return details. Just wait to get the item back before you refund the buyer.
2) Give a full refund
You fully refund the buyer to close this request. The buyer keeps the item.
3) Offer a partial refund
You have one chance to offer an amount. The buyer keeps the item.
4) Decline the return
This will automatically close the buyer's request.
5) Send the buyer a message
You can reply to the buyer.

What happens If I choose #4. Is my PP $ released back to me?

What happens if I choose #5. Is it going to be dragged out for eBay to finally decide (and I'd lose, because eBay rules in favor of the buyer)?

I could very well get negged. She just negged another seller. That seller responded back calling this same buyer a LIAR. I don't care if the buyer gets angry and NEGS me, I can respond to her NEG.

I really don't want to get the item back (especially if she steals stuff)

I know there's the "Cancel this transaction" REQUEST that the buyer would have to accept/approve to get my seller fees back (AFTER a refund is issued --> eBay puts that message in the request).

I know she'd have to pay for return shipping.
I know I'd lose my original cost of shipping unless I request that THAT part be withheld from the refund in a personal message to her, and with her agreement.

I just do not want eBay to automatically issue her a refund AND she gets to keep the item.
I also don't want it to be returned to the "stealth address" with a return label I'd have to automatically PAY FOR.

^ What to do?

TIA to anyone that answers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[And how do I formally thank people for helping me? I know other sites use a REPUTATION score. I am not familiar with what to do here.]

Last edited by tuxedocat; 03-02-2017 at 01:07 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2017

Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Request for Return / Buyer's Remorse isn't covered

Was this item brand new and was it opened? also would pick #4 if you have no returns on listing then you shouldn't have to give a refund over seller remorse.
The Following User Says Thank You to shootemup321 For This Useful Post:
tuxedocat (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Was this item brand new and was it opened? also would pick #4 if you have no returns on listing then you shouldn't have to give a refund over seller remorse.
I think you meant Buyer's* Remorse.

Item was listed as USED, complete with all pieces, no box included.

I've had NO OTHER complaints from any other buyers of my used LEGO sets.
Gotten some nice compliments (private messaging on eBay) and on public feedback.

It's just this one buyer who changed her mind after getting it because she feels the LEGO pieces "are too small" (paraphrasing). Standard LEGO set, standard LEGO pieces. Not Duplo or Juniors.

I'm actually curious as to what happens with #4, and the different endings with #5.

Thank you for replying.
Old 03-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Depends on the cost/price of the item.
Old 03-02-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocat View Post
I think you meant Buyer's* Remorse.

Item was listed as USED, complete with all pieces, no box included.

I've had NO OTHER complaints from any other buyers of my used LEGO sets.
Gotten some nice compliments (private messaging on eBay) and on public feedback.

It's just this one buyer who changed her mind after getting it because she feels the LEGO pieces "are too small" (paraphrasing). Standard LEGO set, standard LEGO pieces. Not Duplo or Juniors.

I'm actually curious as to what happens with #4, and the different endings with #5.

Thank you for replying.
Ya I meant to say buyer remorse well #5 is just trying to communicate with the buyer about problem to come up with a solution, have u responded to the buyer about the problem saying you listed as standard size . #4 declining the return which you can do if you listed it as no returns, if you listed it as returns allowed and declined return it would rule in buyers favor but since you didn't try declining the return and see what happens they might push further and open another case with PayPal next that's just how it goes.

I was asking if it was new cause if it was and person open it then she can't return it but still u listed as no returns.
Old 03-02-2017

Longevity: 46%

Slightly different situation.. but I had a buyer buy a mirror for $24. I shipped it using a sturdy box from my friends bakery marked 'apple peeler'. He was 75, and it was his first transaction. He opened a return that I sent the wrong item. Since he selected that option, decline return was not available. I messaged him 3 times saying 'The mirror is in the box... if this return was opened in error please close it out' using the proper channels in eBay return dashboard. Being he was a new member... he didn't know to check the return dashboard.

Long story short, eBay sided with HIM... I got the box back... it was unopened. He never opened it to check if there was a mirror inside.

The buyer ALWAYS wins. As such, after yet another case closed without seller resolution, I now accept 30 day returns on everything. They're just going to get their way no matter what.

edit: If decline a return is an option, and you don't care about being top rated, go ahead and decline it. Just don't let them open a case, because like mine it will be decided in literally 22 seconds, automatically against the seller. It says 'we will review communications between buyer and seller'... clearly not because I messaged him 3 times and he did not reply.

#4... literally nothing will happen, your funds will be released from hold immediately. Buyer still able to leave feedback.

#5... messaging is great but as you can see in my case it means nothing. They don't even look at it.. just side against you within 15-20 seconds.

Last edited by stressed08; 03-02-2017 at 01:27 PM.