Paypal learning experience and possible method - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Lightbulb Paypal learning experience and possible method

Hello Guys n Gals,

I apologize for not commenting or sharing much here in the forum. I dont
like to do that unless Im absolutely sure I know what Im talking about.
Im am totally new to ebay and clueless. Paypal Ive been around the block
for the last 10 years.

Let me share my experience and this may help somebody I hope.

Last year my 10 year old paypal, my partners 8 year old, other two partners
2 year old and my USA suppliers 10 year old paypals got shut down on December 3rd.
All of us got emails within minutes of each other. Yeah extremely bad trip. My USA supplier is a multimillion dollar biz and kaboosh. Zero explanation.

We all called everyday, sent emails etc etc. Every trick to restore failed. Only thing paypal limitations would say is paypal decided they didnt want to do biz with us anymore. Approx $50k a month in volume for years. Pure insanity.

Lesson #1:
The only thing I can figure out is we didn't do invoicing between partners to me, we did share/send no fees. Paying my supplier I did purchase svc/goods. It made sense to me as partners kept some profit and sent me the rest, I then purchased and dropshipped.
Why pay 2 paypal purchase fees I thought. All this was explained to paypal to no avail.

So those of you with paypals that dont use purchase svc/product or invoicing just a heads up.
Could be problems down the road or maybe not. Maybe it was because we all 5 were linked together. I saw one paypal guru provider also suggest always do purchase svc/product/invoicing.

Lesson #2:

Now here is the neat thing I learned on paypal afterwards and you gurus probably know this.
For the rest of you this is worth a try.

Here is what happen.
After 4 days fighting with paypal to no avail. My wife got 3 family members to open local bank/cc accounts. They then opened up paypal accts and verified them. Now here is the Big Lebowski...great movie btw.

2 of them did not have computers and 1 did. So two of the paypal accts were opened and managed strictly on local cell numbers and the other on comp.

Each paypal was then put on 3 of the etsi stores we all had, we just replaced the old paypals. Brand new paypal accounts and immediately tons of sales (approx $10k/week each) started flowing in as all the etsi accts were over 2 years old and good sales volume.

Within 3-4 days the comp paypal acct got limited. The other 2 cell paypal accts no problems. Went thru all the limitation reqs, id, billing etc etc. Called every day and they kept telling me within 48 hours they would fix it. I let the etsi store run and still paypal did not release. It got up to $25k quickly.

Paypal finally released the account after xmas..wtf. I did get my money after a ton of refunds/chargebacks so no loss there.

The other 2 cell paypals did a ton of biz thru xmas and are still open today. Still not one question from them.

So here is the meat and potatoes of exactly what the cell paypal accounts did.

1. Got local bank/cc ie Philippines for us, could be USA or Uk etc for you.
2. On cell using wifi or cellular clean ip (never used on paypal) set up biz paypal acct.
3. Added cc and verified. The CC they used was from local bank not vcc. If using VCC i recommend AVS VCC.
4. Added bank account.
5. Only used the cell to login to paypal, never a comp. Even traveled using the cell to log in. No problems 3 months later.

Note: All cells are prepaid sims and not disposable phones. I say that because maybe that matters with disposable phones. Also maybe postpaid accounts might be even stronger? Testing testing is part of the game.

Hope that helps somebody. Any questions are fine, just understand my wife and her family did all this so i have to ask them 1st. Some delay in response here.

PS: If you think outside the box this could be a gold mine.

Thanks and love this forum.
Pure treasure trove!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2017

Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Paypal learning experience and possible method

So are we talking that you got the new PP accounts accepting payments for the selling accounts that were limited by PP? You mentioned Ebay in the top of the post, and etsi at the bottom. You selling Ebay or etsy? You mentioned Philippines.. are you and the accounts based there?
Old 03-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Paypal learning experience and possible method

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts View Post
So are we talking that you got the new PP accounts accepting payments for the selling accounts that were limited by PP? You mentioned Ebay in the top of the post, and etsi at the bottom. You selling Ebay or etsy? You mentioned Philippines.. are you and the accounts based there?
I am selling Etsi and just starting on Ebay now.
Yes the etsi paypal accounts got permanently limited so we got new PP
accounts and added them to etsi stores.
Yes American retired in the Philippines and all accounts are here in the Philippines.