Should I use Yellow Pages for Stealth Ebay Address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Should I use Yellow Pages for Stealth Ebay Address?

Thanks for checking out my post. What I'm thinking about doing is going onto yellowpages.com and searching for the address and other info of old people that I know for registering stealth ebay/paypal accounts. Since they're elderly, it's unlikely that they will have a paypal account. Would this work well? Any risks? Will it give me a higher selling limit due to ebay seeing that the name and address match in public records? What do you think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2017

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Should I use Yellow Pages for Stealth Ebay Address?

Better to get a PO Box and use that.

Under no circumstances do you want use a name/address of an existing person, that's pretty much the definition of identity fraud.
Old 03-04-2017

Longevity: 41%

I thought you're not suppose to use PO boxes to sign up for new accounts o.o
Old 03-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesie View Post
I thought you're not suppose to use PO boxes to sign up for new accounts o.o
In most cases if u rent a P.O. Box from a "Mom and Pa" or Mail Box Rental place you can use the address as a regular address.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-06-2017)
Old 03-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the name AND address of some old person, there is a name for that and it begins with F.

would you like it if someone used the details of your grandparent?
Old 03-06-2017

He can use an alternative name can't he? something similar but not really the same. Would that still be considered as fraud?

I buy my accounts from a seller here that somehow gets the name alternative of the real person in the address given in the account
The Following User Says Thank You to wkang87 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-11-2017)
Old 03-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkang87 View Post
He can use an alternative name can't he? something similar but not really the same. Would that still be considered as fraud?

I buy my accounts from a seller here that somehow gets the name alternative of the real person in the address given in the account
well, I do not know what a 'name alternative' is but assuming you mean very similar or drop a letter - no that is not acceptable, again, would you like someone to use your details like that??? Remember, the account ultimately leads to your bank account, so even if you have no qualms about using other peoples details, it is your risk too..Stealth does not need to be like that, I know this for a fact, my accounts are longterm and not created that way....the people do not exist (and sometimes even the addresses dont).....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-06-2017 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
well, I do not know what a 'name alternative' is but assuming you mean very similar or drop a letter - no that is not acceptable, again, would you like someone to use your details like that??? Remember, the account ultimately leads to your bank account, so even if you have no qualms about using other peoples details, it is your risk too..Stealth does not need to be like that, I know this for a fact, my accounts are longterm and not created that way....the people do not exist (and sometimes even the addresses dont).....
I made a stealth account recently with an address of a home that is newly built with no one living in it, and I made up a random name. The end result was a 5/$500 limit account. Not so good if you ask me. It was the first stealth account I ever created but my plan is to just buy them with $25k limits from the marketplace. Seems so much easier to me since the account would pay for itself in no time. I'm pretty sure you have to use real info that PayPal/eBay can look up on public records in order to get an account with a $25k limit right off the bat. What do u guys think?
Old 03-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

how about you pm me your grandmas personal info, and I will use it to make an account - after all it is harmless right?

what is wrong with 2 or 3 $500 limit accounts to start off with...you could just be patient
Old 03-07-2017

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth488 View Post
I made a stealth account recently with an address of a home that is newly built with no one living in it, and I made up a random name. The end result was a 5/$500 limit account. Not so good if you ask me. It was the first stealth account I ever created but my plan is to just buy them with $25k limits from the marketplace. Seems so much easier to me since the account would pay for itself in no time. I'm pretty sure you have to use real info that PayPal/eBay can look up on public records in order to get an account with a $25k limit right off the bat. What do u guys think?
I suggest you get a 50/5000 account, if you start to selling right away then it could be a problem if you try to reach 20k in the first month. Patient is your best friend, trust me
Old 03-07-2017

The answer to your question is no, you don't need to steal somebody's name, address and life to create a high value account.
Old 03-07-2017

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
The answer to your question is no, you don't need to steal somebody's name, address and life to create a high value account.
then why do sellers in the marketplace do it?
Old 03-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
how about you pm me your grandmas personal info, and I will use it to make an account - after all it is harmless right?

what is wrong with 2 or 3 $500 limit accounts to start off with...you could just be patient
All accounts i purchased from my seller, has variant names of the real people living there matching the address of the real peoples name
Old 03-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Better to get a PO Box and use that.

Under no circumstances do you want use a name/address of an existing person, that's pretty much the definition of identity fraud.
That is not ID fraud, if names are listed on public info it's public domain info so not ID theft, it's a grey line in the law. If the OP starts to use thwir ssn, that is ID theft
Old 03-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
That is not ID fraud, if names are listed on public info it's public domain info so not ID theft, it's a grey line in the law. If the OP starts to use thwir ssn, that is ID theft
that's right, as long as you are not involving their SSN , it's not illegal
Old 03-08-2017

Wow! So wrong. What gives you the idea that ONLY stealing a SSN constitutes fraud?

Using a persons name and linked info with or without a ssn is definitely identity fraud.

There's no gray area in this at all. I assure you the state's attorney will gladly prosecute you if the person whose identity you use files a complaint.

If you use the name 'Tommy Thomas' and make up an address that's one thing. There may be tens of thousands of people named 'Tommy Thomas', and it's a fair assumption they don't live at your made up address.

If you use the yellow pages or some other database, and find and use any existing name tied to an existing address or other details that makes that person unique THAT is FRAUD.
Old 03-09-2017

Quote:
Wow! So wrong. What gives you the idea that ONLY stealing a SSN constitutes fraud?

Using a persons name and linked info with or without a ssn is definitely identity fraud.

There's no gray area in this at all. I assure you the state's attorney will gladly prosecute you if the person whose identity you use files a complaint.

If you use the name 'Tommy Thomas' and make up an address that's one thing. There may be tens of thousands of people named 'Tommy Thomas', and it's a fair assumption they don't live at your made up address.

If you use the yellow pages or some other database, and find and use any existing name tied to an existing address or other details that makes that person unique THAT is FRAUD.
I agree, but my sellers , whom I buy accounts from has the name (variant) and address matching, in case that you have to call ebay and ebay has a database that shows if the name and address are matching, if they catch you have different names and address they'll suspend your ebay account from my experience. The seller told me that as long as there is no SSN involved it's fine. The odds are not 0% that someone with similar name might live in the address, that's why variant name is recommended. I've bought many accounts from aged sellers here in the forum and yet have never had any problems with identity issues.

Plus, I don't think one will ever find out they are being used, again since SSN is not used.

Last edited by wkang87; 03-09-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

A lot of pseudo-lawyers running on this post Don't use the SSN above all
Old 03-10-2017

I'm just wondering If it's illegal why do sellers on here create accounts that way. I would be mad to find out I'm using an account with info that is illegal to use supposedly. especially if it's a verified seller and I wouldn't buy an account if it's done that way you can do that yourself. I just want to see more replies on this still seems questionable and which sellers do it without using someone's real info.

Last edited by shootemup321; 03-10-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2017

You have the whole world at your fingertips through Google. Check it out yourself and see what you find.

I won't do it.

I've been around the block a few hundred times and I've seen just how easily what looks like a perfectly safe choice can turn around and bite you savagely.

You have to make your own decisions.
Old 03-11-2017

Quote:
You have the whole world at your fingertips through Google. Check it out yourself and see what you find.

I won't do it.

I've been around the block a few hundred times and I've seen just how easily what looks like a perfectly safe choice can turn around and bite you savagely.

You have to make your own decisions.
If your talking to me I'm not going to do it have a few accounts pushing them to the limits to get selling limits raised I just been wondering since the start and I have googled it and search all over the forums there's no real answer everyone just has opinions on it. People saying it's fraud people saying it's not. It seems like it would be shady and that's why I never made one like that, I want to make one with descent limits without going that route.

Last edited by shootemup321; 03-11-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Just thought I'd input on this whole stealth address thing as to what I have personally experienced.

Last year I bought a stealth EB/PP from a established seller on a competing site starting with "M". These accounts came with a totally made up address in a real city- in other words the addresses used were not real, and USPS did not recognize them as such.

Anyway, as soon as the first sale came in, BAM the PP became limited. Calling into PP the rep. I spoke with said something along the lines that the "address could not be verified" and wanted proof of billing, utility bill, DL, etc.

So, I ordered another account to replace the limited one, and same exact issue- the address on the accounts was like "43 Evens Dr." in some real city, etc... Problem was there was NO SUCH street "Evens Dr" in that city. That PP was also limited quickly after the first time sold.

However, the 3rd PP account had a real address (verifiable via USPS) and that worked (with the same item sold on the previous 2 accounts which were limited)

Moral of the story is that PayPal DOES check with USPS and/or public records to see if the address is valid. This was confirmed by PP themselves when I phoned them.

As others here have stated, take care when using someones real address and don't use some real persons name, as this might be skirting on identity theft.