Enter EIN now or wait until they limit acct? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-11-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Enter EIN now or wait until they limit acct?

So I ran about $5k through a new stealth account in a month.

I see for the first time "enter your social or upgrade to a business account and enter your EIN"

Does it matter if I do it now or wait until they limit the account and add it then, just in case something triggers it limited before then?

Approximately how much time do I have before they start getting NASTY asking for the SS # ?

Do I have a week ? The closer I get to $10k?

Don't want to have to add an EIN number if I dont HAVE TO.

Should I grab the money and run lol

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited by Jingling2017; 03-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Enter EIN now or wait until they limit acct?

Added EIN, permanently banned.
Old 03-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Well that kinda sucks.
Paypal limited the account? Did they explain to you the reason for that limitation?
I myself avoid the issue of EINs and reaching the 20k annual limit by spreading my sales across multiple accounts. It is quite effective.
Old 03-13-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingling2017 View Post
Added EIN, permanently banned.
That sucks! Have you slowly built your PP to got those 5K/monthly? Did they give a reason for it? Sales spike?

I wonder what could it be the logic behind perm ban an account AFTER you have provided an EIN... I was under the impression Bus Accounts+EIN were the most solid choice....
Old 03-13-2017

Longevity: 41%

Did you.. use the EIN on a previously limited account? They'll limit the account when you get the 200 sales limit until you put in a SSN or EIN.
Old 03-15-2017

Longevity: 46%

You need to try to limit each eBay/PayPal pair to about $1500 per month ($18,000) a year as PayPal will limit your account. They ask for EIN or SS# when you "project" to make at least $20,000 in a 12 month period.

I have a few stealth accounts where my max is around $1500/per month. When I hit that mark, I don't use it for a couple months. I had another account that I made $2500 for just one month....BAM, PayPal asks me for my EIN or SS#. On that one, I waited for the calendar year to finish up, I was limited all that time, and then around mid to late January, they lifted my Paypal account and now I can list on eBay/get money back from PayPal.

BTW, you posted the question about whether you should enter your EIN and you gave people about 24 hours to respond when you should have waited a couple more days to get a response. Instead you did what you did and now you're paying for it. Next time, wait for some responses.
Old 03-15-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%

or you could just get an EIN in 5 minutes from the irs homepage (you get it instantly, yes you have to use your real info for every ein you apply for) and put in an ein when they ask. You can have as many eins as you have "businesses", and you can get maximum 1 per day

source: I have like 60 eins
Old 03-16-2017

Longevity: 72%

I can confirm dustin2br's comments.
Old 03-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebrityphotos4you View Post
You need to try to limit each eBay/PayPal pair to about $1500 per month ($18,000) a year as PayPal will limit your account. They ask for EIN or SS# when you "project" to make at least $20,000 in a 12 month period.

I have a few stealth accounts where my max is around $1500/per month. When I hit that mark, I don't use it for a couple months. I had another account that I made $2500 for just one month....BAM, PayPal asks me for my EIN or SS#. On that one, I waited for the calendar year to finish up, I was limited all that time, and then around mid to late January, they lifted my Paypal account and now I can list on eBay/get money back from PayPal.

BTW, you posted the question about whether you should enter your EIN and you gave people about 24 hours to respond when you should have waited a couple more days to get a response. Instead you did what you did and now you're paying for it. Next time, wait for some responses.
Hi there my friend thanks for the advice.

I read somewhere in the history of the topic that the FIRST time they ask for EIN give it to them or they will want your full social security number (not just the last four which is the last 4 of your EIN number) so I didn't get it banned for 30 days so I wanted to be as compliant as possible and not lose the account. For example if it went down over the weekend I would be wondering if I added a real EIN if it would still get hit, now I know my answer.

I guess my problem is I think that with 4 stealth accounts I am bulletproof. I have a huge ebay account that I always use and manually go in and change the items to different paypal accounts. 40 items listed, 10 each in the stealth accounts.

However, I think they are getting linked that way. Never did I think paypal would care or figure it out. I guess I need to ditch my power seller account with 5000+ feedback and customer base and start from scratch. Distancing myself even further. Run 1,400 in a month, then changing the paypal and has 12 accounts and rotate them.

I am working on trying to get a credit card service option up and running and dump paypal altogether but I see even that has its challenges.
Old 03-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin2br View Post
or you could just get an EIN in 5 minutes from the irs homepage (you get it instantly, yes you have to use your real info for every ein you apply for) and put in an ein when they ask. You can have as many eins as you have "businesses", and you can get maximum 1 per day

source: I have like 60 eins
What you say is correct. you can get as many as you want of the LLC and (1) of the sole proprietor.

However, "INSTANTLY" is not what I have seen. In my experience you have to wait at least a week or longer.

You can pay someone $50 to get it for your instantly but not for free off the GOVT website........unless someone can prove otherwise that they have done recently?

Thanks
Eric
Old 03-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts View Post
Did you.. use the EIN on a previously limited account? They'll limit the account when you get the 200 sales limit until you put in a SSN or EIN.
No, new EIN tied to me.