Asking ebay for reinstatment after year or longer of suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Asking ebay for reinstatment after year or longer of suspension

has anyone tried to appeal a suspended ebay account years after? there is a great chance that they will reinstate an old account you got suspended for.

i know someone that was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dvds or software, it's been years and they told me they decided to appeal and see what happends....well...ebay reinstated their account!

might be something to look into
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Default appeal your suspended account if more then 1 year

guy/girls ,
if your ebay account has been suspended for more then a year, log onto your ebay account (from a different ip of course) and appeal it, i've gotten 2 appealed and active now, my friend also. One account was my real info, when i got suspended i made another account and it was suspended because of linking to 1st account ( i didnt know about all the ip, cookies, etc, back then)

well, for the hell of it, i decided to appeal it, and now both accounts are up and running!!!

the accounts were about 5 years old!
The Following User Says Thank You to nobody999 For This Useful Post:
Juicyas (04-20-2009)
Old 04-17-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Nice.. yes I've been seeing older accounts coming back to life more often now.

Good stuff.
Old 04-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Oh yeah! One for the good guys. Well done. 2 older accounts are such a bonus for you.
Old 04-17-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks,
guys try it, and report back if you have success or not.....it actually only took a couple hours, then i was in!! the reason for my suspension was selling some "designer inspired" stuff i know that a big violation!
Old 04-17-2009

Longevity: 87%

Why would you give them your photo id in a fax like I did 5 years ago. Biggest mistake I have ever made..................
Old 04-18-2009

Longevity: 89%

Hiya!!

Did you get this suspension on the account that you said were 'designer influenced':

MC019 eBay listing removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorised Item ( #######)

Hello USERNAME(EMAIL@gmail.com),

Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. Unfortunately, we removed the following item(s):

ITEMS 1
ITEMS 2 etc

because COMPANY reported it to us for violating their intellectual property rights. When eBay is notified by a rights owner of an intellectual property rights infringement, eBay must remove the item in order to meet certain legal requirements.

The following information may help explain the reason your listing(s) was removed:

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorised replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorised by that company, don't sell it on eBay. The sale of counterfeits and unauthorised replicas of branded products is unlawful and not permitted on eBay.

For more information copy the following links into new browser windows:

Replica, Counterfeit Items and Unauthorized Copies

eBay: Redirect

Questions about the specific violation should be addressed to COMPANY NAME

You can send an email to: company@company'semail.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, please visit the following Help page:

How eBay Protects Intellectual Property (VeRO)

Your eBay fees for this item have been credited to your account and all bidders have been notified.
IMPORTANT: Repeated violations of this or other eBay policies may result in the suspension of your account.

Then for the suspension:

MC199 Indefinite: eBay Registration Suspended: Trademark Violation - Unauthorised Item ( ########)

Dear USERNAME(EMAIL@gmail.com)

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended for a period of no less than 12 months for breaching eBay's Trademark Violation - Unauthorised Item policy.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and breaches eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorised replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorised by that company, don't sell it on eBay. The rights owner for the item you listed sent us a signed legal statement telling us that your item infringed their copyright, trademark or other rights. We were therefore legally obliged to remove the listing.

If you have any questions about the removal of your listing please contact the rights owners directly.

Copy these links into new browser windows to review eBay's Prohibited, Questionable and Infringing Items policy and User Agreement:

Prohibited and Restricted Items: Overview
Your User Agreement

During your suspension you're prohibited from using eBay in any way including registering a new account. Any seller fees due to eBay are now due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts owing to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
Old 04-18-2009

Longevity: 93%

It's good to know that, if I get a seasoned account suspended I'll just let the year go by and see what happens on appeal it can't hurt. Account is suspended anyway. Thanks
Old 04-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
Why would you give them your photo id in a fax like I did 5 years ago. Biggest mistake I have ever made..................
why is it a mistake?
Old 04-18-2009
Threadstarter  

i don't remember what the email said..but i found out if you sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ gucci , LV, etc. you will get suspended quick
Old 04-19-2009

Longevity: 88%

Giver a whirl. Ya never know with Ebay.
Old 04-19-2009

Longevity: 87%

Usually an appeal requires you faxing in id, power bill etc.................
Old 04-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
Usually an appeal requires you faxing in id, power bill etc.................
and what's wrong with that?
but this time, they did not ask me anything about that, i just click "contact for appeal" and basically asked what i needed to do to appeal my suspension, hours later my account was active again.
Old 04-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Each reinstatment is different.There are many factors. On some accounts you need to supply everything. On accounts like nobody999 is talking about, a user gets a gift, a reinstated account.
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 91%

When they have you fax in your ID, it doesn't guarantee that you will get your account back... in fact, I think they do it so they will know who you are if you open another account.
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 98%

When the account comes back, try bidding real low on items that you won't win very slowly so the account has history. If the account hits some stupid limit so you can't bid, then you appeal that and complain every so often until you can bid. Once you can make a bunch of bids, then start listing one item at a time and build up gradually or even sell something with a crap description as a test without designing a big template so you don't waste time as a test and if you hit a snag, then complain until you can list.
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
When the account comes back, try bidding real low on items that you won't win very slowly so the account has history. If the account hits some stupid limit so you can't bid, then you appeal that and complain every so often until you can bid. Once you can make a bunch of bids, then start listing one item at a time and build up gradually or even sell something with a crap description as a test without designing a big template so you don't waste time as a test and if you hit a snag, then complain until you can list.
thanks for the advise...but the account has about 500 postive feedbacks from selling before it got suspended, would i have to do the mentioned?
Old 04-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Yep. Play them as they played you. Nuture this one. Show ebay that you really are grateful they reinstated you...
Old 05-01-2009

Longevity: 92%

yep i got reinstated. about 10 months later. i had to send in an email. Worked fine..give it a try.
Old 05-01-2009

Longevity: 91%

My son was here visiting me and he doesn't use Ebay much at all but pened an account few years ago and I asked him to list some of my stuff on his account.. We made a new window user (just in case) , logged into Ebay and it told him that now his account was blocked. He didn't know why as he always paid for what he bought, but never sold anything.
I set down and wrote an email to Ebay through his linked yahoo email and they responded that his account was suspended because it was linked to ***** account which was suspended (which was my ID) some years ago. They said also to appeal, that originally suspended acc. (MY) wold need to appeal first...So, now I am thinking, maybe I should give it a try... It is just not fair he got suspended because o me.
Old 05-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
My son was here visiting me and he doesn't use Ebay much at all but pened an account few years ago and I asked him to list some of my stuff on his account.. We made a new window user (just in case) , logged into Ebay and it told him that now his account was blocked. He didn't know why as he always paid for what he bought, but never sold anything.
I set down and wrote an email to Ebay through his linked yahoo email and they responded that his account was suspended because it was linked to ***** account which was suspended (which was my ID) some years ago. They said also to appeal, that originally suspended acc. (MY) wold need to appeal first...So, now I am thinking, maybe I should give it a try... It is just not fair he got suspended because o me.
lyda,
try it! you have nothing to lose and an old account to gain!!
Old 07-21-2009

Longevity: 86%
Question How to reinstate an old account properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
has anyone tried to appeal a suspended ebay account years after? there is a great chance that they will reinstate an old account you got suspended for.

i know someone that was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dvds or software, it's been years and they told me they decided to appeal and see what happends....well...ebay reinstated their account!

might be something to look into
Hi, I have been suspended for more than a year now and want to appeal the suspension. Any recommendations how to do it properly, please? Besides logging from a different IP address?