Suspended for out of eBay deals. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Today I got suspended from eBay. I had over 1000 Positive feedback and I know from conversations to increase my selling allowance my account rating was very good and I was in the top 5% of eBay seller.

Anyway eBay caught me doing and out of eBay deal. I initially sent the buyer a best offer but they wanted an out of eBay deal so I did it. The problem is I have social anxiety disorder and a stroke of autism so upon reflection I should just have said no however at the time I felt pressured into doing what they wanted.

If I phone up eBay and tell them this will it make any difference? My other accounts are not suspended yet for some reason.

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

No harm in trying at this stage.
Old 03-16-2017

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

I was thinking about ringing ebay and explaning to them one of my balls doesn't work properly and will it be possible to remove my suspension.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easy.bake.oven For This Useful Post:
applepbc (03-17-2017), ScottieBoi (07-31-2017)
Old 03-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums Cape - can't hurt to try - also learn stealth and get backup accounts going
Old 03-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
I was thinking about ringing ebay and explaning to them one of my balls doesn't work properly and will it be possible to remove my suspension.
No need to be rude - especially about people on the spectrum. If you know nothing about that you best shut it.
The condition hes referring to is far more common than most people know about and the way you responded was just outright rude.
Id call and at the very least try to explain things. It couldn't hurt.
Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
garry9061 (03-18-2017), Play (03-19-2017), ScottieBoi (07-31-2017)
Old 03-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I would definitely call in. It is not like they can do any more harm to the account. Its either a win situation or nothing changes. There is nothing more to lose but maybe 20-30 minutes of your time. I do not think you should mention any disorders or issues about yourself. I think they will think you are lying and just being desperate. I think if you apologize and seem remorseful, you have a better chance.
Old 03-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Plumb out of luck there, 'oven.

They only offer cricket bats to help these conditions.

Right painful like.

Old 03-17-2017

Longevity: 57%

Seems harsh they would ban you for one off sell no?
Old 03-17-2017
Threadstarter  

They are not taking any of it. They have said eBay has taken a business decision to cut ties with accounts that do this because it costs them millions per week and have told me to go sell on other platforms. The out of eBay deals I did cost eBay money however suspending the account altogether has cost them more.

The bizarre thing it the email I got sent said "You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account". My other accounts which I'm selling stuff on are still going. Could I just slowly switch to these?

And importantly I should share what I learned of eBay's systems. I did out of eBay sales a lot but it was not until the item number was included in the PayPal payment that I ever got caught. The second time it happened was the same situation. After this I had learnt my lesson and tried to avoid these deals as much as possible. The buyer pushed me to do an out of eBay sale and there was no item number and the account did not get suspended until five days later and when I phoned up the eBay rep had a transcript of the email in front of them. So I suspect this kind of thing is detected automatically then an eBay rep manually looks through you messages to see if you are compliant.
Old 03-17-2017

Longevity: 60%

Can I ask how much you have been selling out of ebay?

1%? or 50%?

In which way they caught you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
They are not taking any of it. They have said eBay has taken a business decision to cut ties with accounts that do this because it costs them millions per week and have told me to go sell on other platforms. The out of eBay deals I did cost eBay money however suspending the account altogether has cost them more.

The bizarre thing it the email I got sent said "You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account". My other accounts which I'm selling stuff on are still going. Could I just slowly switch to these?

And importantly I should share what I learned of eBay's systems. I did out of eBay sales a lot but it was not until the item number was included in the PayPal payment that I ever got caught. The second time it happened was the same situation. After this I had learnt my lesson and tried to avoid these deals as much as possible. The buyer pushed me to do an out of eBay sale and there was no item number and the account did not get suspended until five days later and when I phoned up the eBay rep had a transcript of the email in front of them. So I suspect this kind of thing is detected automatically then an eBay rep manually looks through you messages to see if you are compliant.
Old 03-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
Can I ask how much you have been selling out of ebay?

1%? or 50%?

Not a lot. Before I got caught the first time it was maybe about 4%. When somebody asked for a discount I'd said I'd give them 10% off if they paid via PayPal and sent them an image with my PayPal email. In the two months between the second strike and the last there were two out of eBay deals. One from a guy wanting to pay a deposit so I kind of had to because there is no way to do that via eBay and the one I got caught for. What are you thinking?
Old 03-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
They must have manual have been looking through my messages because when I made the PayPal invoice up I made sure it not like the listing then instead of ending the listing I revised it to an item that was a bit different.
Old 03-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

This is craziness. I think you're right about them manually reviewing your account. I send two or three P/P invoices to customers every day and it's never caused problems for me. I have to get creative when responding to customers because of the eBay filters. Since I started using a merchant account and my main P/P was limited, the amount of invoices I send has gone through the roof because many buyers refuse to pay with anything other than Paypal.

Sadly I doubt they're going to budge on their position, judging by the responses you've received so far. It's senseless for them to kick sellers off like this rather than simply beefing up their messaging filters.

Just a word of advice, OP - If you do start doing this again on a new account, avoid messaging your customers with a photo attachment of your email. I always use Paypal invoicing rather than having customers randomly send money to my account. Have the customer message you their email so you can invoice them, or if they've already bought from you before get their email from the eBay sales record.
Old 03-17-2017

Longevity: 73%

I am to believe that sometimes competitors will try to get you to deal off of eb just to turn around and report you
Old 03-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

If this was on the same account , then you are lucky you got the first chance.

Another point, tell the FULL story otherwise we all waste time giving advise on the first post.

ebay is anal about selling off its platform. You tried once, you had issues. Now you say you tried again... your outcome is not happy.

Try harder to NOT let the buyers push you around. What are you doing to control the listings? How much time are you spending talking to them?
Old 03-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Not a lot. Before I got caught the first time it was maybe about 4%. When somebody asked for a discount I'd said I'd give them 10% off if they paid via PayPal and sent them an image with my PayPal email. In the two months between the second strike and the last there were two out of eBay deals. One from a guy wanting to pay a deposit so I kind of had to because there is no way to do that via eBay and the one I got caught for. What are you thinking?

I was under the impression you did it just the once because of the pressure and all. Now you change the story and state a figure of 4%...? and your surprised that they eventually catch you?
Do things against EBay's policies and get caught - don't complain when youre made to pay the price. Try to save the account but don't hold your breath given what you just shared here. Ebay are not stupid - as you just found out.
Old 03-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Try harder to NOT let the buyers push you around. What are you doing to control the listings? How much time are you spending talking to them?
This was my problem I let buyers push me around. After I got caught the first time I tried to stop eventually i did it again to make a sale and after that time I said to myself no more off platform sales but this buyer was persistent so instead of saying no which I should have -and the lesson is learned- I agreed to it.

I was giving eBay about £400 a month in fees and these deals cost them much less than that. They are hoping people will stop doing it however when you can do it and save yourself £50.00 in fees people will continue to try so I think this iron fist approach will cost them money
Old 03-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This was my problem I let buyers push me around. After I got caught the first time I tried to stop eventually i did it again to make a sale and after that time I said to myself no more off platform sales but this buyer was persistent so instead of saying no which I should have -and the lesson is learned- I agreed to it.
The buyer saw you coming.

Go back to this and ask yourself how you felt.

If you had a gut feeling it was not kosher, then the deal was OVER.

You still stayed clean. You were being asked to break rules and you could have chosen not to do so.

What category are you selling in that this is happening? Only the category, not items will do.
Old 03-18-2017

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
I am to believe that sometimes competitors will try to get you to deal off of eb just to turn around and report you
How does one report an account for doing this? I feel like this is only a suspension that eBay has to catch someone doing
Old 03-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
The buyer saw you coming.

Go back to this and ask yourself how you felt.

If you had a gut feeling it was not kosher, then the deal was OVER.

You still stayed clean. You were being asked to break rules and you could have chosen not to do so.

What category are you selling in that this is happening? Only the category, not items will do.
I'm in the "Jewellery & watches" categorizes. I had a bit of a tiff with another seller. I was selling the same item as them and they accused me of stealing their photos and description (which I clearly had not) and threatening to report me to eBay. So I reported them for harassing messages. The reply eBay sent me had this nugget in it

"because will not immediately removed such listings even though we’ll receive reports from other sellers because it would take a lot of process and investigation if the report is valid."

However I was thinking it might be the same guy but their address are about 70 miles apart.

An eBay member can report offers to sell out of eBay with this form which you will need to log in to view-

http://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...Us&wftype=3002
Old 03-19-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
now you can be the next trump. congratulations.
Old 03-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm in the "Jewellery & watches" categorizes. I had a bit of a tiff with another seller. I was selling the same item as them and they accused me of stealing their photos and description (which I clearly had not) and threatening to report me to eBay. So I reported them for harassing messages. The reply eBay sent me had this nugget in it

"because will not immediately removed such listings even though we’ll receive reports from other sellers because it would take a lot of process and investigation if the report is valid."

However I was thinking it might be the same guy but their address are about 70 miles apart.

An eBay member can report offers to sell out of eBay with this form which you will need to log in to view-

http://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...Us&wftype=3002
Your category is not known for charity.

Many in it are in for the kill, ie, take down whoever stops them making money.

I leave this category to the brother. He can worry.

I get where you were. From now, be strict, avoid tiffs. Re-design your listings even with water marks. Be squeaky clean. And never concede a thing to a buyer.

I hope you have better trading.