I have a theory about ets.y - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-18-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default I have a theory about ets.y

Hello

If someone could clear this up it would be cool. So my theory is that people at ets.y check your store after like 3-6 days after creating it. So if you are selling higer risk items (t-shirts for example) they ban you. If they check your store and everything is okay with the store (there are no high risk items) you are good to go and list high risk items from that point. Am I right?
Second theory would be that they check your store when you reach certain amount of listings. I am not sure.
What is your experience? I am sure you guys have some insights about this
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2017

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: I have a theory about ets.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1001 View Post
Hello

If someone could clear this up it would be cool. So my theory is that people at ets.y check your store after like 3-6 days after creating it. So if you are selling higer risk items (t-shirts for example) they ban you. If they check your store and everything is okay with the store (there are no high risk items) you are good to go and list high risk items from that point. Am I right?
Second theory would be that they check your store when you reach certain amount of listings. I am not sure.
What is your experience? I am sure you guys have some insights about this

Honestly, no idea.

But I know when I first had a new store banned (before I knew the stealth way) I was banned within 24 hours of listing my first item.

Otherwise I would say they probably only have a real person check on your store if their bots pick up something suspicious, or if you are reported by someone else.

I don't have any experience that suggests otherwise.
Old 02-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Honestly, no idea.

But I know when I first had a new store banned (before I knew the stealth way) I was banned within 24 hours of listing my first item.

Otherwise I would say they probably only have a real person check on your store if their bots pick up something suspicious, or if you are reported by someone else.

I don't have any experience that suggests otherwise.
I am almost sure they check each store after some time even if you are not flagged as I noted above. I just want to know other's experience.
Old 02-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

ha, yea, someone sitting there manually checking thousands of new stores daily. c'mon.

it's more like zenohki mentioned. bots checking for red flags and either they autoban you themselves or migrate to a manual review after you push a few thresholds or have been reported by the community multiple times.

most of what these marketplaces do is totally automated. time , money and efficiency. after selling on so many marketplaces, dozens of them are updating with new rules and policies to become more and more automated by the day. it's gotten extremely hard for me to even contact a real person to answer my questions in some of these places. and the mobile marketplace apps are even worse.
Old 02-24-2017

Longevity: 79%

best advice sell junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vintage crap. otherwise it gets ugly.
Old 02-25-2017

Longevity: 53%

Other members can report you if you are posting something that are not supposed to be on there. What matters is what you list and not the time.!
Old 02-25-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

users reporting you suddenly having a new store with similar listings, sure, but if you do things correctly it wont matter.
Old 03-15-2017

Longevity: 42%

My new account is suspended right after I made my first sale.
The only mistake I think I made is I use other device to browse my new store....I think there will be a checking once you made your first sale.I'm gonna learn from it and start another stealth....
Old 03-27-2017

Longevity: 47%

I set up a new store, I sell kids teez

1. Set up new shop, put in 2 listings, all pics changed, name, colors, size, batch purified
2. Waited 2 weeks for new debit card because I wanted to use direct ck out
3. 10 mins after I put in the debit card, the shop got suspended with an gmail from e.t.sy.....direct from email.....

" Hello,

This is Susannah from Etsy's Marketplace Integrity Team.

My team and I work together to educate our members about our seller policies and to make sure all listings are in compliance with our policies. This means checking in with sellers to learn more about the processes used to create their items. While we work on this, your shop has been temporarily suspended

I'd like to get some more information about how your items are made and how your shop is run. This is to ensure that your products meet our policies. I ask that you respond honestly with accurate information about your business and your creative process in the next 5 days.

1. How many people are involved in your shop, and what role does each person play? This includes design, production, managing the shop, and shipping items. (Don't forget to talk about the role you'll play in your shop.)
2. Where are you and your members located?
3. I'd like to learn more about how your items are made. Please provide a brief description of the types of items you are selling as well as a little about your handmade process.
4. Do you outsource any part of your production process? We do allow members to use the assistance of production partners to make their items, but you must disclose this on each of your applicable listings.
5. Do you have any other Etsy accounts? Please list all the usernames you are associated with. "

I'm guessing they flagged my computer somehow, because I set up and used a NEW USER with a cell as for the IP. But EVERYTHING was changed name, ssn, street, EVERYTHING.....

So something is going and it's not a bot because there is NO link to me or my old shop at all!! Except using the same computer but as different USER.

Thoughts.....
Old 03-27-2017
MU

Gamble - that category (and your shop) are full of copyright infringement. If it was something like Paw Patrol, TMNT, etc...you are gonna get flagged automatically at this point. If you use stock photos or identical prints from the last shop, you're gonna get flagged immediately.
Old 03-28-2017

Question Re: I have a theory about ets.y

Never use stock photos and changed the photos from last time. Size, color back, added to photo, changed names in photo. Even if you change 1 pixel your photo is changed. Saved in photoshop with NO photo info. So when it goes up there is no photo info at all. I even store on an external drive.

I can't figure out why it would be banned 10 mins after I added the credit card to the account. All that info in sis name, so no flags there. Very strange. And she's never even been on it.sy. Mind meld.
Old 03-28-2017
MU

If the print itself stayed the same it's an easy flag.

Probably too close in name and products sold.
Old 03-28-2017

Longevity: 51%

Mind me asking why you were banned in the first place? I'm wondering if you are high risk and that maybe that's the problem? No offence meant.

I always imagined that if Et.sy wanted to, really wanted to, they could link us and shut us down. They just do the bare minimum with regards to the law and such so they can keep taking money from us. But if they see you as a big enough risk they may do all they can to keep you off the site, and if that's the case Stealth may not be enough.
Old 03-28-2017

Post Re: I have a theory about ets.y

Gamble.

Okay, so you just fill the info out, take photos of your shop, tell them how things are made yayayaa.

Can't say i got this so early on and was more in the £3000 threshold but yea i got this mail and just filled out the info and was as nice as pie.

Don't think my account was limited, as it says in the email you have so many days to respond. Maybe your account was flagged because it looks like knockoffs which are sold in china, just a thought as i have no idea what you sell, just read it was tee's and prints.