Zero Feedback Buyer Paid BIN. Quick Web Search Shows Retail Theft with $10K Bail - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 03-23-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Zero Feedback Buyer Paid BIN. Quick Web Search Shows Retail Theft with $10K Bail

A zero feedback buyer has just paid for my $100 mobile phone listing and their payment checks out with PayPal etc with it being verified. Since I've heard about zero feedback buyers being more likely to lie about the product they receive or keeping the new and returning some damaged product I thought I'd quick check to see if I should do anything more then just pay for signature confirmation, insurance and double check the serials on my device before I send it off.

Well the very first thing that pops up on the web for this gentleman in his community is a retail theft charge for which he has a $10,000 bail. As such I'm compelled to send him a quick message apologizing that I broke this one while boxing it up and cancel this order. I intend to use "item out of stock or damaged." Is there anything else I should consider before going this route?

Thanks in advance for your guys smarts about this stuff.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2017

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Zero Feedback Buyer Paid BIN. Quick Web Search Shows Retail Theft with $10K Bail

As I know you can say that you broke item when boxing and cancel transaction but remember that buyer can left you negative feedback for this.
I've got the same thing once.
The Following User Says Thank You to osk4rr For This Useful Post:
Crafter_Laughter (04-01-2017)
Old 03-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Zero Feedback Buyer Paid BIN. Quick Web Search Shows Retail Theft with $10K Bail

@osk4rr I appreciate your sharing your experience.

Yeah I don't think there is any other way to dance around a buyer like this. I've been lucky with not getting a neg from them this week. I'm crossing my fingers they don't get round to leaving a neg in the coming months.
Old 04-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Cancel the order saying there is something wrong with the buyers address and refund.

IF they leave negative feedback, call ebay and tell them your concerns.

This way with the address dropdown, you wont get dinged with a defect and telling the rep may get the buyer banned.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017
Threadstarter  

@BigCJ Well put.

That was my first inclination, yet I've always been unsure what the order cancellation email sent to buyers says when submitting to cancel an order. In this case I thought to myself...since the buyer has a "verified" address I wonder if I select that, that eBay has an automated mechanism that messages buyers saying "hey, the seller is asking to cancel your order because of "incorrect address" at which point a buyer might try to sort out a perceived address problem or just leave a neg since it may seem the seller is being obstinate.

Does anyone know what if any message buyer's are sent when sellers submit to cancel an order based on "something wrong w/ buyer address" or "buyer asked to cancel order."???

That's another one I thought might tick people off...tagging a cancellation as "buyer asked to cancel order" when in fact they maybe didn't. Do buyers get an email that says "the seller has informed us you'd like to cancel your order, if that is correct click here to agree to cancel the order." ???

I had no idea an eBay rep might actually validate my concerns and remove any neg. I say that just because I had a clearly cheat me on something else two weeks past and the eBay logged correspondence evidenced it. Yet when I used the "report buyer" thing when logged into eBay, all that happened was a submission confirmation page presented a canned response with eBay avoiding any responsibility to follow-up.

"Thanks for letting us know. You've successfully submitted a report about XXXXX...Depending on the circumstances, we may educate, restrict, or suspend the buyer. You can always visit your Seller Dashboard to see updates to your selling status."

It's been two weeks and I've received no further acknowledgement of eBay actually doing anything and the user has not been banned.

If the only way to get any action is grind away with numerous eBay reps on the phone by chance is there a current eBay phone tree published somewhere? Most other orgs are responsive to BBB complaints by assigning more competent reps to assist whoever filed the BBB complaint, yet when I filed one against eBay years ago, eBay just ignored it.
Old 04-01-2017

Longevity: 44%

send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tid
The Following User Says Thank You to dallas For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017
Threadstarter  

@dallas Are you talking about this or what do you mean?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shippin...qaq-p/25691718
Old 04-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter_Laughter View Post
@BigCJ Well put.

That was my first inclination, yet I've always been unsure what the order cancellation email sent to buyers says when submitting to cancel an order. In this case I thought to myself...since the buyer has a "verified" address I wonder if I select that, that eBay has an automated mechanism that messages buyers saying "hey, the seller is asking to cancel your order because of "incorrect address" at which point a buyer might try to sort out a perceived address problem or just leave a neg since it may seem the seller is being obstinate.

Does anyone know what if any message buyer's are sent when sellers submit to cancel an order based on "something wrong w/ buyer address" or "buyer asked to cancel order."???

That's another one I thought might tick people off...tagging a cancellation as "buyer asked to cancel order" when in fact they maybe didn't. Do buyers get an email that says "the seller has informed us you'd like to cancel your order, if that is correct click here to agree to cancel the order." ???

I had no idea an eBay rep might actually validate my concerns and remove any neg. I say that just because I had a clearly cheat me on something else two weeks past and the eBay logged correspondence evidenced it. Yet when I used the "report buyer" thing when logged into eBay, all that happened was a submission confirmation page presented a canned response with eBay avoiding any responsibility to follow-up.

"Thanks for letting us know. You've successfully submitted a report about XXXXX...Depending on the circumstances, we may educate, restrict, or suspend the buyer. You can always visit your Seller Dashboard to see updates to your selling status."

It's been two weeks and I've received no further acknowledgement of eBay actually doing anything and the user has not been banned.

If the only way to get any action is grind away with numerous eBay reps on the phone by chance is there a current eBay phone tree published somewhere? Most other orgs are responsive to BBB complaints by assigning more competent reps to assist whoever filed the BBB complaint, yet when I filed one against eBay years ago, eBay just ignored it.

It takes a multitude of complaints to can a buyer. So usually one complaint wont go anywhere. This is where pro scammers come in by making multiple accounts to get away with stuff like that.

As for the cancel order, Its usually automatic that it gets canceled. The system just makes sure the buyer gets their money back without any interference from a rep or the buyer themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post: