Followed stealth guide... mostly. Listed first day - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Followed stealth guide... mostly. Listed first day

Hi!

So I followed the steal guide very faithfully to create my eBay/PP accounts.

I then immediately listed 3 items. A cheap extension cord for gaming, and 2 new video games ($60 range).

The cord is doing just fine. Its still up there in my Items for Sale section.

But the 2 video games don't appear in my Items for Sale section, NOR do they appear when searching for them in the search index. However, they DO appear in my "Active Selling" section. I haven't received any notifications from ebay that the listings were taken down, either.

What's weird is when I first listed them they DID appear in my Items for Sale section and even in the search index. But shortly after, they disappeared. It's been a few hours since I noticed.

Anyone know what's going on?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Followed stealth guide... mostly. Listed first day

If theyre still showing in your selling section then theyre still active and will show up again shortly.
And for the record - listing 2 new video games on a brand new account is not really following stealth faithfully since theyre considered a high risk item and should not be listed on an account new to selling - let alone one that is practically brand new.
Old 04-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

What does "Followed stealth guide....mostly" mean? Elaborate
Old 04-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What does "Followed stealth guide....mostly" mean? Elaborate
Well, it's like I said in the first post. I followed protocol to the tee until the account creation was finalized. The part where I went astray came after that... the "staying under the radar" part. As slokor said, my listings were contrary to what the stealth guide recommends.
Old 04-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
If theyre still showing in your selling section then theyre still active and will show up again shortly.
And for the record - listing 2 new video games on a brand new account is not really following stealth faithfully since theyre considered a high risk item and should not be listed on an account new to selling - let alone one that is practically brand new.
I know I know. Since I've never been suspended on eBay, I treated it just like I would treat any new account I've made in the past. Suspensions aside, It seems logical to me that someone who's just created an account, would create it for a purpose... they want to buy something they saw, they want to sell something, asap.

Whereas, I know that stealth sellers have a different mindset (mimic the behavior of a noob using eBay and "baby" it). But you're right, I should've followed protocol.

It's just a strange bug, I haven't seen it before. Does it happen often on eBay? (probably more with new accounts vs veteran accounts, I'd imagine)
Old 04-07-2017
Threadstarter  

What should I do if I don't see any changes within 24 hours? It's been about 6 hours so far... just strange
Old 04-08-2017

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
I know I know. Since I've never been suspended on eBay, I treated it just like I would treat any new account I've made in the past. Suspensions aside, It seems logical to me that someone who's just created an account, would create it for a purpose... they want to buy something they saw, they want to sell something, asap.

Whereas, I know that stealth sellers have a different mindset (mimic the behavior of a noob using eBay and "baby" it). But you're right, I should've followed protocol.

It's just a strange bug, I haven't seen it before. Does it happen often on eBay? (probably more with new accounts vs veteran accounts, I'd imagine)
It may not be a bug.
When eBay detects risk, then they tend to suppress the listings of that account so that it is not always visible and only rarely and randomly.
This is what has happened to me in the past and currently on some of my accounts.
It means the risk marker they have put on your account, will only be removed after 3 months.
It would be interesting if you go and keep a manual record of how many views each item has had on a daily basis.
This will tell you if your listings have been deliberately suppressed and not getting the views that similar accounts of competitors listing the same items as you are getting.
Old 04-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

it takes up to 24 hours for a listing to show, it even states this on the listing submission page :

Quote:
Your listing will be posted on the eBay site and can be viewed in My eBay. Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances), so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations in search results. Where your listing appears in search results may be based on certain factors including listing format, end time, keywords, price, P&P cost, Feedback and detailed seller ratings.