creating a new account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default creating a new account

Greetings to all I recently got suspended from eBay because my account was linked to another suspended account and it is affecting me greatly..

I just read the things that you need to do to make a new account and not get caught by eBay, however I have a question..

After making new bank account how can I put a different address from the one that I used to have before (address from suspended account) because if I put the same address eBay will find out that there's some kind of relation, correct?

So please, I need to know how to do this.
Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Nope. [scribbled and scratched]. Privacy laws prohibit your bank from disclosing that info. However, there have been some warnings that a couple of specific banks have been handing over to them anyhow. Just look around the forum and see which banks are alleged to have done it, and make sure yours isn't one of them.

Under normal circumstances, only the routing code and account number are available to them.

HOWEVER, some day you will likely get limited and they might (likely) want faxed documents. My advice overall is to get the bank account with your real info, don't use the bank to pay listing fees EVER, be prepared to show your bank statement when paypal finally gets around to asking you for it.

If you stick with the guide, even the parts you don't understand, you really can't go wrong.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 04-21-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you very much for fast reply Just to make sure I do everything right... what I need to basically do is this:

1) Delete browser cookies and saved passwords.
2) Uninstall eBay software.
3) Change IP Address
4) Create new e-mail address
and finally
5) Add new e-mail to PayPal account

Correct?

Thanks a bunch again!
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

And nuke flash objects. Be safe and disable DOM in Firefox, too. I don't think they're using it yet, but hey why not do it anyway?

When you've changed your IP, go to IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup just to be sure it is what you think it is.
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks again man!

One last thing that I forgot to add..

on the new bank account Name and Last Name does not matter either, right? (I mean give the same first Name and Last Name as on the previous suspended account)

Because my main concern is if I give my Name and Last name and ALSO same address eBay will find out and see some kind of link to the old account..
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

DO NOT USE THE SAME NAME AS A PREVIOUSLY SUSPENDED ACCOUNT unless you are using it on that account and it has been reinstated.

[scribbled and scratched]®

Don't link your bank to pay ebay fees. Don't let ebay have any of your bank info. Don't pay fees with your bank debit card. Get a [scribbled and scratched]® card for that.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 04-21-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

I see.. but I thought you needed to give all your bank information to eBay in order for them to confirm it.

So what you are telling me is that when I open the new eBay account to put a different name?? Isn't supposed to be linked to the bank account name (as well as address, etc) ?

Also, every time I pay their fees I will be needing to pay with a prepaid card then?
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

As far as I know, ebay never needs bank info unless you are paying fees direct debit. Don't do it. Also, if you get a debit visa or debit mastercard with your bank account, don't use that to pay fees either. Thus, no link between ebay and bank.

Paypal will want your bank routing number and account number. There is no way for them to cross reference or verify the name on the bank account. They sometimes pretend that they can do it, but they really can't. The address matters, between Gaypal and the Credit Card used to verify. So make the [scribbled and scratched]® info match Gaypal and Feebay EXACTLY.

Yes, it is BEST to pay the fees on a prepaid card or a reloadable card.

If you need further help, PM me.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 04-21-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Haha, I know I laughed too when I read it,

Lastly I want to ask..

So whenever I make my eBay account I SHOULD not put my real address nor my real name? or address does not matter? (p.s- real address was used on previously suspended account)

I should only use my real information when creating my GayPal account, right?
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Real info for BANK.

For Feebay and Gaypal, those need to match each other and should be as anonymous as possible. Alter your name a bit. If your name is George Gordon Liddy - put it in as G Gordon Liddy. For address, consider if you think you might actually have to receive a piece of mail from Gaypal. If you think maybe so, use an address where you can get mail. If you KNOW you won't need to receive anything, use the address for a business close to where you are pretending to be. Or a vacant house that is up for sale in your neighborhood.

Use a disposable phone number, or at least a number you've never used for Feebay and Gaypal in the past. Make sure the number is appropriate for the address you give them. If say, you use a Detroit address, don't give a Beverly Hills phone number. And keep in mind, you'll be needing a number that can be verified. You'll get an automated call that requires you to send touch tones, either by an on-screen keypad or actual buttons on a tangible phone.
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Awesome, so much clear now! Thanks a bunch for all the help..
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Make sure you have a pretty good grasp of what it's all about BEFORE you get too far along. Ask questions before it is too late. Otherwise, you'll be starting all over, pretty much right away.
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Look at getting eBay Stealth on a free trial. That way you have that bit extra to help..... the book at hand all the time
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the responses!! I seem to be having some trouble changing my IP address :(

I have tried start > run > ipconfig /release > ipconfig /renew and nothing

I have also tried going to network connections > properties > TCP/ICP> get automatic IP address and nothing.

Any ideas please? My internet is hooked to the DSL by cable.
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Monkey,
Have you read thro' this subforum yet? Reckon if you read that you will find more info. Then if you still have the problems, ask again. Creating the new account is no rush job so as you seem to know going slow will be fine
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/
redmonkey (04-21-2009)
Old 04-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Very good info, thanks a lot!
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Depending on your provider, it may be as simple as unplugging the POWER to the modem for 30 seconds, plug it back in, and there you go. Some providers give a Static IP and it will always be the same, which means AOL dialup.

That's the short answer.
Old 04-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Hello again

I have another question... or better said it wasn't very clear,

Whenever I link my PayPal account to my bank account do I need to put the same Name and same address or do I put different name and different address as on the bank info?

P.S- the bank info. is the same as on the previous eBay suspended account.
Old 04-22-2009
Vicvelcro

If the bank account was ever linked to another ebay account or a paypal account, you should not use it. Get a new fresh squeeky clean bank account.
Old 04-22-2009
Threadstarter  

I am getting a fresh new bank account but it will have the same first and last name and also same address as the one that I used on my suspended account.
Old 04-22-2009
Vicvelcro

If you are using it to UNSUSPEND ebay/paypal, that's a good way to go.

If you want to use it with new logins, you could use the real info for bank, but use variation of name for ebay/paypal. Example: If the bank has name Johnathan Smith, setup ebay/paypal as John Smith or Johnnie Smith or whatever.

Use real address for bank, sure. But if you want ebay/paypal to not get linked on old accounts, make sure you don't use the old information. Change it a bit, if you have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
redmonkey (04-22-2009)
Old 04-22-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Redmonkey, Paypal does not see your personal info through your bank(name, address, etc.) You can use any name and address with paypal and the bank account will work, but some banks don't like this and may call you to see what's going on. I have used plenty of names with my accounts and I've never got a call from my bank, just do some research what banks work and don't work and use one of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
redmonkey (04-22-2009)